Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2018, 10:04 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times

Advertisements

This is unreal, I knew something was up, everything felt like a coordinated setup from the start. Trump was not supposed to last this long but they've failed. I feel sorry for the zombies that bought into the trash the media has been feeding them for over a year.

I must admit I had doubts at certain times last year but I'm feeling vindicated, always go with your gut. Go Trump

Old 01-22-2018, 10:10 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
This is serious.

A lot of the conspiracy stuff bandied about by the right seemed way out there and not something I would take seriously but this is something. They are talking about a 2nd special council now.

There has seemed to be a real effort by the feds to take Trump down and now we have a smoking gun. Interesting to see where it leads.
That's what I've been saying. Look at the leaks that started after his state of the union speech. And how they took out Sessions in such a calculated fashion (he didn't stand a chance and folded like a cheap suit) so they could have a free run at the president. I believe certain members in the media is complicit in the takedown attempt also.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:17 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are libs going to blame the Russians for this?
bots. it's gotta be bots.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh I don't follow CNN -- I follow your interest in this story. LOLOLOL.

It's cracking me up.

As for the conclusion every time someone asks you to clarify that the person must be watching CNN -- over simplistic conclusion,. ridiculous rationale and based on nothing.

Get over it. Folks don't like Trump because folks don't like Trump. He's written books and given countless interviews and has left a trail of who he is and shows us every day.....CNN has nothing to do with it.

If anything most of you have spent so much time drinking the conservative media kool-aid you don't realize how much information is out there about what kind of person Trump really is.

So far you have a handful of Republicans saying they might have something....based on the wording of two FBI agents who don't like Trump.

if you believe they had the power to create a secret society that was undermining Trump -- well -- go ahead.

Sessions is going to find out all the facts and i will wait for those -- not some maybe baby stuff.
We weren't looking for a date but a leader and we got lucky with Trump.

He is the kind we needed. He fights and doesn't lay down like those in the GOP before him.

No one has seen that before and its driving anti Trump loons in both parties loco.

Deal with it

Old 01-22-2018, 10:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
We weren't looking for a date but a leader and we got lucky with Trump.

He is the kind we needed. He fights and doesn't lay down like those in the GOP before him.

No one has seen that before and its driving anti Trump loons in both parties loco.

Deal with it
Fights for what?

The corporations -- yeah he didn't fight - -he handed them gifts. Of course they love him.

And as for the few on this board......you are that 34% base -- he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you would spin it --

Have at it kid.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:25 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am not a trumper I voted for Johnson. But why does every story that is not a trump - russia story a diversion?

We can have a diversity of conversation that not all Trump Russia.

What are you afraid of?
where are the facts jack...... this story is all wind no facts no meat just noise .
i ask you jack what are the facts of this story... not accusations not if and coulds but facts....

Old 01-22-2018, 10:26 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
It's not so much that a government agency lost texts, if thats what you are referring to, but rather the timing of the lost texts.

Texts from a period between Dec. 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017 are missing - 5 months worth! What is odd about this time frame is that Robert Mueller was appointed as special counsel by Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein on May 17, 2017. And the chain of messages picks back up on May 18, 2017.

Between Dec. 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017, key events in the Russian investigation occurred such as Trump's transition as well as Flynn's FBI interview (Peter Strzok conducted this interview). And as we have seen from previously released texts to the public, Peter Strzok and his lover Lisa Page exchanged back and forth about needing an "insurance policy" if Trump was elected.

This is why 5 months of missing texts from a crucial period in the Russia Investigation are so important.

Linked below is an article from the Washington Examiner, in which the creator of BleachBit and ex-FBI experts question the 'loss' of Peter Strzok and Lisa Page texts.

BleachBit creator, ex-FBI experts question 'loss' of Peter Strzok texts
The first place you would go would be the devices themselves. if the messages were not deleted they could well still be there. And even if deleted they can still be recovered some times at least partially. However when the FBI suggests the data is not retained I would presume they tried to get it from the Samsung devices without success. If the stuff was never uploaded to some synch or backup system it is not going to be easily recovered.

And note that a knowledgeable user with a belief that the system is collecting the data automatically may deliberately delete the information so it does not remain on his relatively insecure device.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:30 PM

18,728 posts, read 7,606,770 times
If I do my taxes and send them in electronically, and the IRS rules that I owe them $50,000, can I expect them to lose my returns, or "fail to preserve" them, so I no longer have to worry about what they said?

Can I expect the U.S. Government to be as casually unconcerned about my missing tax returns, as they are about these 5 months of text messages?

Old 01-22-2018, 10:31 PM

18,728 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
These are the people we have investigating crime?
"Regulations for thee, but not for me."

Old 01-22-2018, 10:34 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
If I do my taxes and send them in electronically, and the IRS rules that I owe them $50,000, can I expect them to lose my returns, or "fail to preserve" them, so I no longer have to worry about what they said?

Can I expect the U.S. Government to be as casually unconcerned about my missing tax returns, as they are about these 5 months of text messages?
Do you know they are being casual about it?

How do you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies