Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2018, 04:09 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
What is funny is that the liberal state of MA, hopefully a part of my future nation without the South, has an economic growth rate that blows away theirs. Southerners love to go on about all the people moving down there. They are all retirees lol, with zero economic growth associated. Meanwhile Amazon is going to pick Boston for their eastern HQ and not go near the backward South. I love it.
That's why all the foreign car companies chose the south to locate manufacturing plants. Nothing locates in MA, or the northeast anymore. You are delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 04:11 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Speaking of southern charm, the Loyal White Knights holds several gatherings each year in North Carolina, ceremonies for the induction of new members, celebrations of Trump as POTUS, and so forth.

Chris Barker, imperial wizard off the Loyal White Knights, maintains that at the present time they have no plans for public cross burnings.

KKK rally is still happening in NC, and several groups aren

Good to know.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:11 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Speaking of southern charm, the Loyal White Knights holds several gatherings each year in North Carolina, ceremonies for the induction of new members, celebrations of Trump as POTUS, and so forth.

Chris Barker, imperial wizard off the Loyal White Knights, maintains that at the present time they have no plans for public cross burnings.

KKK rally is still happening in NC, and several groups aren

Good to know.

you and the rest of the Democrats invading my state need to go to those meetings, you'd be right at home

Old 01-28-2018, 06:25 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
Triumph voters want a King, not a President. Nobody elected his family either.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:32 AM

10,452 posts, read 4,035,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Only if Trump is assassinated or removed from office.
Depends on who did the killing. I can totally see someone like John McCain be the one to walk up to Trump and put a bullet in his head, and then get off by claiming insanity due to his cancer treatments.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:47 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
I have grown to despise the whole notion of USA. I am growing ever more fondly of my region and nearby states. I despise the South to the depths of my soul and would never do a thing to help a single one of them. I truly despise their hatred of the Fed govt and their right wing Christianity. I want nothing to do with them nor share a nation with them. I would gladly join any movement to break the US into different nations with no binds or connections with the South. I no longer stand for the national anthem as it means nothing to me. To see people in Alabama stand for the national anthem makes my skin crawl. Them and their ilk killed thousands of Americans due to their treason and they are proud of their treasonous ancestors there. I just want a nice peaceful agreed upon break up of this monstrous nation which means nothing to me anymore.
You are hopelessly off the wall. The southern states have an active and capable left leaning minority. The most biased of the states will likely remain there but the more interesting are in fact going to go purple and may well end up blue.

And the loss by Clinton was driven by rust belt states which are normally blue or at least purple.

The US is not dividing peacefully or by blood shed. So we need to work on dealing with our differences not splitting up.

I was born in Manhattan but grew up in the borderline South. My nickname on my last year of high school on Long Island was "Rebel" over my accent. It is pretty nice country with nice people. There are asinine bible thumpers but they are not the majority in most places.

Last edited by lvmensch; 01-28-2018 at 10:59 AM..

Old 01-28-2018, 10:55 AM

183 posts, read 103,716 times
Quote:
I'm happy for you. But do you realize that the majority of white folks in AL voted for Roy Moore. Are you okay with him? I share no values with the people of AL. I have been down there for work in Mobile numerous times. The things discussed in public are so anathema to a northerners ears it makes you realize we are not fellow citizens. They don't share our values of belief in a strong central govt that protects people from over zealous capitalism. I believe in the govts of Europe, Canada, and Australia. The only way we can ever get there in my region is to be rid of the south and their ilk and their hatred of govt and authority in general. They just don't believe govt has a role in society down there.

The hateful elected officials from the South prevented FDR from massive improvements in the life of Americans like national health insurance and the workers bill of rights amendments to the Constitution. The South thwarted FDR at every turn and I despise them to this day for that.
Quote:
LOL check the stats. That state is growing at a snails pace and is dead last in so many categories not worth mentioning. Sorry but you are delusional about AL. Their growth rate is .4% per year compared to my northern states rate which is 1.77% per year. sorry but it ain't growing at all compared to my state.
You are the biggest liar on here. You are also the same clown on here who writes how much he hates living around black people in his own city and how they have ruined philly. You are a gay progressive bigot, what a combination

By the way most people in Pennsylvania dont like philly but why are so many educated young people leaving . If the South is this bible belt alot of people must love it considering the tons of northerners moving here

Study: Educated Millennials Are Leaving Pennsylvania – Philadelphia Magazine

Reports: More people leaving Pa. than moving here | CPBJ

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...ania-than.html

Old 01-28-2018, 11:53 AM

"The 2006-2016 compound annual growth rate for Alabama real GDP was 0.4 percent."

"2016, Alabama had a per capita personal income (PCPI) of $38,896. This PCPI ranked 47th in the United States and was 79 percent of the national average, $49,246. "

https://www.bea.gov/regional/bearfac...TATE&geotype=3

"The 2006-2016 compound annual growth rate for Pennsylvania real GDP was 1.4 percent"

"2016, Pennsylvania had a per capita personal income (PCPI) of $50,742. This PCPI ranked 16th in the United States and was 103 percent of the national average, $49,246."

These stats are from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Dept. of Commerce.

Young people leave places all the time, looking for adventure, for something different.

But hard to imagine anyone with their wits about them leaving Pennsylvania for Alabama when the GDP growth rate is triple that of Alabama and the per capita income $10,000/year higher.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:55 AM

BTW, Huntsville, Alabama where a lot of engineers are moving and income is higher is also the part of the state that tended not to vote for Moore.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:15 PM

183 posts, read 103,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"The 2006-2016 compound annual growth rate for Alabama real GDP was 0.4 percent."

"2016, Alabama had a per capita personal income (PCPI) of $38,896. This PCPI ranked 47th in the United States and was 79 percent of the national average, $49,246. "

https://www.bea.gov/regional/bearfac...TATE&geotype=3

"The 2006-2016 compound annual growth rate for Pennsylvania real GDP was 1.4 percent"

"2016, Pennsylvania had a per capita personal income (PCPI) of $50,742. This PCPI ranked 16th in the United States and was 103 percent of the national average, $49,246."

These stats are from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Dept. of Commerce.

Young people leave places all the time, looking for adventure, for something different.

But hard to imagine anyone with their wits about them leaving Pennsylvania for Alabama when the GDP growth rate is triple that of Alabama and the per capita income $10,000/year higher.
I dont know if this post was directed at me but I wasnt comparing pennsylvania to alabama. They both have low growth rates. I dont even like the souths fast population growth, my dads house in florida is now filled with traffic just to get there but corporations and people are flocking to the south. Some of its corporations moving to places like the Texas triangle,Atlanta,Nashville Raleigh, Charleston etc. Some of its just people wanting to get away from the ****ty weather up north, the beaches and weather are much better down south

I was talking about this tomfalcons guy who is a left wing "progressive" bigot. People like this scumbag love to point out race problems down south but says stuff like this on here

tom77falcons-

Does Philly have the worst perception problem

I heard thru a friend that a visitor from Seattle remarked that he felt like he landed in Nigeria walking around Center City Philly. Philly is a little unique in that the very poor urban hoods are right smack against downtown Philly while in a place like Chicago and now even DC they are further removed.

Why not be honest. Cities with high black populations like my own have lots of crime and a high population of black urban poor. Know what it is like to live around them? Come to Philly and I will give you a tour. I'm tired of everyone pussyfooting around this issue. And I'm a progressive.

Why doesn't Boston have a notable or significant black community like New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, etc?

It gets tiring dealing with kids throwing rocks at you, and people on the bus screaming at you cause you accidentally dis-respected them. People throwing trash on your street as they walk by your house, etc. Just a completely different culture and everyone knows it. It has come to the point where many of us just can't stand living around them anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies