Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 02:12 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
she took the side of the communists in North Vietnam. She never visited South Vietnam and their cause before or after the communists took over. I find her a hypocrite and a fake.

That's like saying Hitler is bad but taking the side of Stalin and Mao and their cause and then padding herself on the back that she is a champion of women's rights. PLEASE!.....did she visited all the people of Vietnam under communist rule to call out basic human rights violations? NO!

the Question Megyn asked her was legit.....just like of an athlete is on the juice and he promotes books and is constantly on tv with his propaganda about his looks and health.

she should be proud of her plastic surgeries, she sure spent millions of dollars and she used her looks to promote herself and her pockets.

as for Megy's show? I could care less if they cancel it or not. I think all these shows are crap and I can't stand any of the hosts.
One of the things that Jane did back then was women's rights. Ms Kelly had Jane, who has discussed plastic surgery in the past & Robert Redford, who was rumored for years, to have had plastic surgery, at the same time. They were promoting a movie, not a book or video by Jane. If Ms Kelly couldn't think of a decent question for the two of them, that's on her. To ask Jane about plastic surgery was catty. If she's only good for catty questions, she doesn't deserve the show or the big money. Pulling the Hanoi Jane thing out of her butt doesn't excuse her asking a catty question.

Had she asked a general question about plastic surgery & aging of both guests, it's unlikely that Jane would had had a negative response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 02:13 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I think it's obvious that Jane Fonda is full blown nuts and Kelly is a little nuts. Cat fights between women, don't get between them.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
What little respect I had for Megan Kelly is gone. Trying to start some Trump like Twitter war with Jane fonda, ridiculous. What was the point for that craziness? To get more people to tune into her show, draw attention? She is a goner. Just another mean girl who likes to "put people in their place".

Not that I'm a big fan of Fonda. What should we do, cane her for some really stupid stuff she probably was manipulated into over 40 years ago. She was never a very clever person and I think easily manipulated back then. Remember that embarrassing movie she did for her French husband.
Yeah, Barbarella was a humiliation to her. The Vietnam War stuff was promoted by her 2nd husband. She also got involved with Gloria Steinem, Bella Abzug, et all in that time period. That outlasted the antiwar stuff & the 2nd marriage.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:28 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
One of the things that Jane did back then was women's rights. Ms Kelly had Jane, who has discussed plastic surgery in the past & Robert Redford, who was rumored for years, to have had plastic surgery, at the same time. They were promoting a movie, not a book or video by Jane. If Ms Kelly couldn't think of a decent question for the two of them, that's on her. To ask Jane about plastic surgery was catty. If she's only good for catty questions, she doesn't deserve the show or the big money. Pulling the Hanoi Jane thing out of her butt doesn't excuse her asking a catty question.

Had she asked a general question about plastic surgery & aging of both guests, it's unlikely that Jane would had had a negative response.

women's rights in communism Vietnam? LMAO! How did that worked out on her visit to North Vietnam when she sided with our sworn enemy, the communists, and took on their propaganda to humiliate our troops and pows?

did she go to South Vietnam to check on women's rights when the communists took over? yeah, I'm sure they had plenty rights for women under communist rule. In prisons and concentration camps and shut your hole and do what the state says or else government. I'm sure Jane was on top of that with her comrades & friends.

By the way, it was 1 question and Hanoi Jane didn't want to answer and they moved on....again, what's the big deal? did that hurt Jane's feelings? She should feel proud of her plastic surgeries. She spent lots of money and she has used her looks for profits.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:28 PM

693 posts, read 356,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
What little respect I had for Megan Kelly is gone. Trying to start some Trump like Twitter war with Jane fonda, ridiculous. What was the point for that craziness? To get more people to tune into her show, draw attention? She is a goner. Just another mean girl who likes to "put people in their place".

Not that I'm a big fan of Fonda. What should we do, cane her for some really stupid stuff she probably was manipulated into over 40 years ago. She was never a very clever person and I think easily manipulated back then. Remember that embarrassing movie she did for her French husband.
Exactly.
She made stupid comments...based on some truth, during a time when many americans were protesting. It was a fiery time in our history.

And, she apologized for them. They were dumb comments, made by a young and dumb person, during a dumb period in our history (hippies come to mind). That doesn't define a person.

The irony here, is that folks want to define Jane for comments she made over 40 years ago, but brush away and accept every little bit of garbage that comes out of the mouths of others.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
on a personal note, you disgust me.

I won't loose sleep.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
women's rights in communism Vietnam? LMAO! How did that worked out on her visit to North Vietnam when she sided with our sworn enemy, the communists, and took on their propaganda to humiliate our troops and pows?

did she go to South Vietnam to check on women's rights when the communists took over? yeah, I'm sure they had plenty rights for women under communist rule. In prisons and concentration camps and shut your hole and do what the state says or else government. I'm sure Jane was on top of that with her comrades & friends.

By the way, it was 1 question and Hanoi Jane didn't want to answer and they moved on....again, what's the big deal? did that hurt Jane's feelings? She should feel proud of her plastic surgeries. She spent lots of money and she has used her looks for profits.
Try reading what I wrote. I did not tie the antiwar stuff to women's rights. Those were separate movements. There were few enough rights for females in the US.

The antiwar stuff was promoted by her 2nd husband. She later apologized profusely for the North Vietnam trip. She took responsibility for it, but most people knew that the husband was at the bottom of it.

Apparently, you're good with highly paid interviewers asking catty questions. You haven't figured out the problem with the plastic surgery question, yet, even though I've laid out what's wrong with the question as plainly as possible.

Last edited by southbound_295; 01-23-2018 at 02:53 PM..

Old 01-23-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
Exactly.
She made stupid comments...based on some truth, during a time when many americans were protesting. It was a fiery time in our history.

And, she apologized for them. They were dumb comments, made by a young and dumb person, during a dumb period in our history (hippies come to mind). That doesn't define a person.

The irony here, is that folks want to define Jane for comments she made over 40 years ago, but brush away and accept every little bit of garbage that comes out of the mouths of others.

she did more than that.......she only apologized for the anti-aircraft gun picture . She never apologized for the millions of South Vietnam people that were taken over by the communists and were tortured, killed, sent to prisons and concentration camps when she champions herself for women's rights.

She never said a word about them.....she took a big dump with her anti-war propaganda and didnt think of the consequences and still she claims she did the right thing.

What kind of American during war take the side of the enemy, goes in person to use their Hollywood celebrity status to promote the propaganda of our enemies, wants us to lose, bash our soldiers and pows and don't give a damn about the people of South Vietnam and then keep her celebrity status back home like nothing happened.

Can you imagine if a celebrity does what she did during WW 2, you think she would have a career in the public and be allowed on t.v. and movies and be celebrated like she has been?

Old 01-23-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
she did more than that.......she only apologized for the anti-aircraft gun picture . She never apologized for the millions of South Vietnam people that were taken over by the communists and were tortured, killed, sent to prisons and concentration camps when she champions herself for women's rights.

She never said a word about them.....she took a big dump with her anti-war propaganda and didnt think of the consequences and still she claims she did the right thing.

What kind of American during war take the side of the enemy, goes in person to use their Hollywood celebrity status to promote the propaganda of our enemies, wants us to lose, bash our soldiers and pows and don't give a damn about the people of South Vietnam and then keep her celebrity status back home like nothing happened.

Can you imagine if a celebrity does what she did during WW 2, you think she would have a career in the public and be allowed on t.v. and movies and be celebrated like she has been?

She need not apologize for south Vietnamese people getting killed. She didn't do it. She wasn't responsible for it.

For the record, I'm not defending her bashing our troops, but, if we sit here, and really be objective, she was used for a different agenda, taken advantage, and that was easy for young/dumb people like her, ESPECIALLY, since some of what she was being brainwashed with is TRUE.

We can spin it all day, but it is factually correct that not only should we not have been there, but we did commit quite a bit of atrocities.

I support my troops, but that doesn't mean that I'll turn a blind's eye to our country's true motives and atrocities committed to carry out those motives.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Try reading what I wrote. I did not tie the antiwar stuff to women's rights. Those were separate movements. There were few enough rights for females in the US.

compare to communist countries? the U.S. had plenty of rights compared to communist countries in the 70's but she never said a peep about communism and their horrors to basic rights. She took their side and their cause against our country, the people of South Vietnam and our troops.

Quote:
The antiwar stuff was promoted by her 2nd husband. She later apologized profusely for the North Vietnam trip. She took responsibility for it, but most people knew that the husband was at the bottom of it.
blame the hubby now.......she never apologized for making the trip to North Vietnam. She only apologized for the anti-aircraft gun pics.

Quote:
Apparently, you're good with highly paid interviewers asking catty questions. You haven't figured out the problem with the plastic surgery question, yet, even though I've laid out what's wrong with the question as plain as possible.

everybody on tv is over-paid or highly paid (whichever you like to put it) there's nothing for me to figure out, that's just your opinion. When you have your own show then you get to ask whatever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies