Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 09:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
accurate
Complete balderdash!

Old 01-24-2018, 11:31 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, you really did not, you did not quote me....

When did trump call for people to start shooting people?

Maybe not shooting, but the repubs want you to die, pushing granny off a cliff and the list goes on....and if you think that does not provide a mental image to the lefts followers then you are flat out being dishonest....
Stop being so obtuse.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:08 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Stop being so obtuse.
Why? That's what the quote button is for.

Don't tell me someone answered me, then provide and answer to someone else.

If you don't like it, don't answer.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:12 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
There is no requirement to quote someone in order to respond to a point they made. So yes, you are being obtuse and making a false statement if you want to keep claiming no one responded.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
There is no requirement to quote someone in order to respond to a point they made. So yes, you are being obtuse and making a false statement if you want to keep claiming no one responded.
Sorry, if you want to respond directly to me and answer my response, then quote me, that's what that button is for.....so you can directly respond. I really did not think that had to be explained.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:59 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sorry, if you want to respond directly to me and answer my response, then quote me, that's what that button is for.....so you can directly respond. I really did not think that had to be explained.
I'm quoting you this time so you can't pretend it's non-responsive. But no, there is no requirement that a post has to be quoted in order to respond to the point made. If I happen to respond immediately after someone posts, I often don't bother to quote. If there are intervening posts, I will generally quote to make it clear what I'm responding to.

The fact that you may choose to use different practices in no way mandates that everyone has to. I really would not have thought that needed to be explained, that you don't get to dictate to everyone else how they are supposed to post.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:48 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,756 times
Quote:

The fact that you may choose to use different practices in no way mandates that everyone has to. I really would not have thought that needed to be explained, that you don't get to dictate to everyone else how they are supposed to post.

You dont get to dictate it either

Old 01-24-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I'm quoting you this time so you can't pretend it's non-responsive. But no, there is no requirement that a post has to be quoted in order to respond to the point made. If I happen to respond immediately after someone posts, I often don't bother to quote. If there are intervening posts, I will generally quote to make it clear what I'm responding to.

Good, you're learning something.

You answered someone while quoting them, then expect me to believe that answer was also for me?

^^^ Right back at ya....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies