Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2018, 06:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

The President should not answer any questions about the firing of James Comey, as it involves questioning the exercise of his constitutional authority, thus creating a Constitutional crisis. This according even to the well respected Constitutional attorney, Alan Dershowitz.

Other attorneys have also weighed in and said that the President should not answer any questions that do not have to do with a crime. Firing of Comey was not a crime. In fact, Gregg Jarrett, attorney and Fox News legal analyst, has pointed out that the Special Counsel investigation is illegitimate, because the law requires a crime to be stated for a Special Counsel to be appointed. No crime was stated in the appointment of Mueller as Special Counsel. It is an investigation in search of a crime; i.e., "a witch hunt."

Neither has there been any obstruction of justice. It was not a crime for Trump to tell Mueller, "I hope you can find a way ..." in regards to Flynn. That wasn't obstruction, according to the same attorneys, including Alan Dershowitz, who has stated this many times on-air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 06:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's attorney claims he was speaking "hurriedly."

https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/statu...47318072217600

Oh, damn. And we were this close.

Wow. How long did that lie last? Less than 24 hours?

Old 01-25-2018, 06:44 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wow. How long did that lie last? Less than 24 hours?
Before he left US air space.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:45 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Neither has there been any obstruction of justice. It was not a crime for Trump to tell Mueller, "I hope you can find a way ..." in regards to Flynn. That wasn't obstruction, according to the same attorneys, including Alan Dershowitz, who has stated this many times on-air.
Also, obstruction of justice loses its meaning when there is no underlying crime, as is the case here.

At any rate, it looks like this long, meandering, pointless jihad is finally petering out. It will end with a whimper, not a bang. Except, as I hope, Mueller leaves the door open for investigating collusion between the DNC, FBI, DOJ and Russia. For which there actually is evidence.

I never thought the President or any but a few really rednecked Congressmen wanted to stop the Mueller probe. Everyone knew all along there was nothing there, but it had to run its course so every suspicion would be laid to rest. Except those of the most strident Marxist-Leninists.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
The President should not answer any questions about the firing of James Comey, as it involves questioning the exercise of his constitutional authority, thus creating a Constitutional crisis. This according even to the well respected Constitutional attorney, Alan Dershowitz.

Other attorneys have also weighed in and said that the President should not answer any questions that do not have to do with a crime. Firing of Comey was not a crime. In fact, Gregg Jarrett, attorney and Fox News legal analyst, has pointed out that the Special Counsel investigation is illegitimate, because the law requires a crime to be stated for a Special Counsel to be appointed. No crime was stated in the appointment of Mueller as Special Counsel. It is an investigation in search of a crime; i.e., "a witch hunt."

We will see, We will see.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:46 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:

I agree with you that he should not answer questions due to constitutional crisis.

However, do you feel it would be okay for President Trump, or any politician for that matter, whether it be democrat or republican, to not have to answer questions that are directly related to possible crimes? That essentially is allowing them to get away with any crime that may or may not have been committed, because they can't be questioned about it. Not quite sure how I feel about that.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I agree with you that he should not answer questions due to constitutional crisis.

However, do you feel it would be okay for President Trump, or any politician for that matter, whether it be democrat or republican, to not have to answer questions that are directly related to possible crimes? That essentially is allowing them to get away with any crime that may or may not have been committed, because they can't be questioned about it.
Which is why the POTUS attorneys nearly lost their dinners last night. POTUS Attorneys trying to keep him in office and the Liar in Chief keeps giving more reason to remove himself.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

However, do you feel it would be okay for President Trump, or any politician for that matter, whether it be democrat or republican, to not have to answer questions that are directly related to possible crimes? That essentially is allowing them to get away with any crime that may or may not have been committed, because they can't be questioned about it. Not quite sure how I feel about that.
That would be participating in the witch hunt. No President should do that.

The President has the right to fire the head of the FBI, NSA head and no reason is necessary.
That would be my answer to every question concerning the firing of Comey and Flynn.
When and how the president exercises his authority is not a crime. Why would he answer any questions that have nothing to do with a crime ?
Mueller can ask the questions but he has to accept the answers. He doesn't have to like the answers.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:17 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's attorney claims he was speaking "hurriedly."

https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/statu...47318072217600

Oh, damn. And we were this close.

You know, for a man with "the best words" he seems to need a whole staff of people to tell us "what he really meant".

Old 01-25-2018, 07:30 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You know, for a man with "the best words" he seems to need a whole staff of people to tell us "what he really meant".
What President didn't have such a staff ?

The prior President had a whole staff of people to explain how I was going to be able to keep my doctor, my health plan and the IM wasn't a tax. When none of that turned out to be true the staff was out explaining what he meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies