Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 05:57 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times

Advertisements

I figured with all the trash the protesters leave, Trump created 40,000 jobs just to clean it all up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 06:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
One need only visit SE Asia to see why.

Many new vibrant cities and open countries with fantastic old temples and natural wonders entice tourists away.

Further, America itself with expensive visa policies that require many to pay a $160 just to apply to come to US as a tourist is a deterrent. It took me two trips to Manila and days of forms to get a visa for my Filipino boyfriend. My total investment to take him to USA was over $1000 and that was before the actual travel costs.

If I wanted to take him to Singapore the ASEAN agreement between countries permitted a 30 day visit with no visa fee whatsoever.

There is the threat of the US health care industry to worry about. Medical travel insurance for visit the USA is double the cost of other countries.

Finally, we here people like Trump claim that American cities are nothing but a crime wave filled full of addicts.
What was that brilliant inauguration speech he gave about how horrible America is? "American Carnage' I believe were the uplifting words he used. Hell, I wouldn't want to come here either if I didn't live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
If someone is scared of Trump i wouldn't advise them to go to The Philippines under Rodrigo Duterte.
Trump and Duterte - two peas in a pod and dragging us down with him.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:15 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
#so much whining

Old 01-24-2018, 06:36 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,990 times
Nobody cares if tourism is down, if people around the world, don't want to come to the USA. I say so what. If they hate our President, then they should stay home.

Less traffic on our roads sounds great to me. Plus these foreigners don't believe in tipping for our American restaurant employees.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:37 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So things took a dive in 2008. Makes sense.

Then things were on an upward trend until 2015.

What happened in 2016 to start a downward trend?
You might have a point if the election had been held 9 months or so earlier, but by the time the heavy favorite/lead pipe cinch otherwise known as Hillary Clinton had lost the election, over five-sixths of 2016 had already passed by.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:51 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm sure the gun violence in this country has something to do with the downward trend. Who in their right minds would come to a country where gun violence is so commonplace it's a mainstay of American culture?

Now throw in Donald Trump and the world must think between those two things America has lost its mind.

And it would be difficult to disagree.
Location specific crime information for the U.S. is available online, and that has been the case for a number of years. Utiliizing that information to eliminate the 'fear' above doesn't take much effort.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:15 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
thats because America isn't considered a safe place to travel. Lingering effects of Obama.

Trump is changing that.
That is due to the liberal media making the US seem unsafe. 99% of the US is safer than anywhere in the EU, but when the media only runs blood and gore news 24x7, broken only by intermissions to attack Trump, it makes the US seem like a war zone. The reality is only a few dense liberal areas are a war zone.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm sure the gun violence in this country has something to do with the downward trend. Who in their right minds would come to a country where gun violence is so commonplace it's a mainstay of American culture?

Now throw in Donald Trump and the world must think between those two things America has lost its mind.

And it would be difficult to disagree.
More ignorance on display. Except for a few liberal areas the US is safer than it's been for 30 years and getting safer all the time.

"gun violence" is a mainstay of liberal MEDIA, not American culture. Funny how the areas with the worst 'gun violence' resemble the rest of America the least.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's mostly Trump since the smart people from overseas can sense that he doesn't like people who are not lilly white. That tends to cut down on the universe of potential visitors...they will go somewhere else like Dubai where the Muslims treat them like human beings.
Right, muslims treat all people like human beings. And you wonder why people say liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:28 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
As for the OP point that foreigners are avoiding America more these days, I was just reading in a yachting magazine that a lot of mega yachts are avoiding coming to the US for repairs and retrofits these days because of the hassles their crews are experiencing. There have been cases where crews were blocked from entering the US, even though they had been coming here for years.

Those yachts are now starting to go elsewhere, and taking the billions of dollars in revenue with them. Places like the Caribbean are licking their chops and gearing up to handle the influx of these wealthy boaters and their yachts.

There have been so many similar rejections of America that we are not aware of on a daily basis, but the cumulative effect will be very bad for our overall economy if it continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies