Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 06:47 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Economy is booming. Stock market setting daily records. Unemployment is low even among all races. The average American is spending more and improving their quality of life. ISIS is basically defeated. We are finally making a stand in Israel. Corporate tax rates are finally competitive and money is flowing into the country. We are thriving and prosperous. Those are the facts.

So why do Democrats keep selling us on election conspiracy bull**** and bull**** discrimination marches that have no basis in reality? Nobody is buying it!
It’s all they have. Eventually the lie they have been selling becomes a truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 06:47 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
BTW...you’ll see this November what’s being bought.
That's the only absolute truth in this discussion thus far. Rest is opinion and very subjective.

Me: I am enjoying the stock market gains. I am of the opinion it can't be sustained. I think that Obama's slow and steady (and unprecidented) growth over most of 8 years was good, and that such a huge hit as we've seen in 2017 will have to be corrected. It's not necessarily bad, just more volatile. If over the long run of 4 or 8 years of Trump, we have the same average growth, than that will be good.

Democrats and Republicans are not that far apart. It's the politicians that want to divide us. In general, I think "about" an equal number of people are buying what R's and D's are selling. What is interesting, and ENCOURAGING is that a growing number of citizens are not buying either. That's what really needs to happen.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:52 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am finding a lot less dollars in my pocket these days with the surging gas prices. We will be seeing prices north of 3 bucks in much of the country by summer. I thought drill, baby drill was supposed to bring them down. WTF?
You can thank the continuing depradations of the EPA on American refineries. Want clean air? So does everyone. Want cheap gasoline? You'll never see that in our lifetimes again.

Largest East Coast oil refinery goes bankrupt, blaming 'broken' EPA rules - Jan. 22, 2018

Old 01-24-2018, 07:11 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Instead of keeping the oil produced in the US in the country. POTUS has eliminated the regulation which now allows that product to be sent overseas.

The oil industry owns POTUS and his administration. We will all be paying for their increased profit.
It's always been sent overseas. Where do you come up with this stuff? (And I do not support Trump)

Old 01-24-2018, 07:12 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
That is one of those pesky regulations they dropped.
No it is not. It went to $150 under Bush and $100 under Obama and not because of fundementals.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:41 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
And plenty enough more Americans would rather not stand with Communists/Democrats.

That's why they have been suppressed by the voters.

There's no such thing as perfection, only the pursuit of it. The dems are always moving in the direction of concepts proven faulty over time.

Then they call it "Progressive".......well that's superior intellect for ya.

CN
I’m questioning your own ability to view things clearly if you think Democrats and Communists are the same thing. That’s the equivalent of saying Republicans and fascists are interchangeable.

Nothing is ever all golden under any administration.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:44 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,075 times
Quote:
Instead of keeping the oil produced in the US in the country. POTUS has eliminated the regulation which now allows that product to be sent overseas.

The oil industry owns POTUS and his administration. We will all be paying for their increased profit.
Uh no. Oil has always been a global commodity. We’ve always exported US oil and imported oil. The only thing Trump has done to impact the oil industry was remove regulations against off shore drilling. However I have yet to see any oil companies actually looking to drill off shore.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:45 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Yeah, more than half the voting populace are "buying" into the Dem's agenda.

And all those immigrants, legal and illegal, most of them will vote the D-ticket, each and every time.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:47 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,571 times
What have these Democrats done for these minority groups? Behind every single sh*thole project is a Democrat politician. If Democrats cared about minorities they would advocate for the exact opposite of what they advocate for. More police to clean up their communities, less taxes and regulations so that jobs can return to these communities, more school choice so that these kids can get a quality education, less abortions so that black genocide can end, more minorities entering the military so that they can learn some discipline, a solid plan to rebuild the black family unit, less illegal immigration so that our poor doesnt have to compete with workers willing to work for peanuts. They are purposely keeping these people poor.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:48 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
I believe the Dems have so much contempt for the sweaty masses that they represent, they think they will just accept whatever the leaders say. Unfortunately, they have been rightin the past.

I keep a glimmer of hope that this time, the sheep will choose the truth that is in front of their faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies