Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 06:50 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,165,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This isn't Australia , UK (although they are having issues with knives, guess banning guns didn't work), Germany or Japan.

Personally , I'd like to get to the root cause of these issues. Why is taking another life becoming the rational , in their mind, thing to do ?
Wouldn't you really like to end these things ?

The majority of our violence is broken down into a view areas.

Inner Cities (gangs , culture, poverty)
Mental Health (mental disorders, bullying,suicide )
Crimes of Passion (cheating, divorce, etc.)

What can we do to help the people that have these issues and feel the need to kill ?

Make sure firearms are not available. BTW, you described the entirety of the US population or indicators that most Americans can relate to. As for other countries using knives, when was the last time someone in Japan killed 50+ people from a high rise building or even 5+ anywhere? Think about it.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:52 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,133,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
We don't have volcanos to worry about or incoming nukes from North Korea LOL

Mosquitos? My town sprays for them. Non issue.
Humidity sucks.
Nightlife is good.

You think paying more in taxes is good? I keep more of what I earn.

Bag on Florida all you want. Let a tsunami come or volcano boil over you're doomed you're way out in the middle of the ocean with nowhere to go.

Me. 6 hours I'm in Georgia. You?
Volcano? Tsunami? Probably you have never set foot on Honolulu.

Little fat Kim's missiles? Now it is capable to hit anywhere in US Mainland including Florida. The difference is only minutes between it hits Hawaii and Florida.

I don't pay much tax. I paid $1,700 annual property tax for my one million dollar assessed home. How much do you pay for your Florida home?

Old 01-24-2018, 06:53 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post

Make sure firearms are not available. BTW, you described the entirety of the US population or indicators that most Americans can relate to.
Really? I don't have or relate to any of those things.

Sweet!

Old 01-24-2018, 07:02 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,333,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Yet the right thinks more guns is the answer...instead of banning them...and keeping them out of our schools...

Australia never has school shootings. Neither does the UK or Germany or Japan.
The US didn't have school shootings when kids were allowed to bring their own guns to school, when schools had shooting clubs and taught firearm safety. Sadly liberals would rather kids and adults remain as ignorant as the average anti gun nut so those things aren't taught anymore.

I'm sure more classes on gender fluidity will take care of the problem.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:04 PM

28,983 posts, read 14,336,347 times
Quote:
[/b]

Make sure firearms are not available. BTW, you described the entirety of the US population or indicators that most Americans can relate to. As for other countries using knives, when was the last time someone in Japan killed 50+ people from a high rise building or even 5+ anywhere? Think about it.
Last year, 19 , in Japan
Japan knife attack: At least 19 dead - CNN

Old 01-24-2018, 07:08 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,333,372 times
Quote:
[/b]

Determined to prove how little you know? Why limit to Japan?

Knife-wielding attackers kill 29 at China train station - CNN
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School...010%E2%80%9312)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_stabbings

I'm sure the 86 people killed and 458 injured by the terrorists using a truck in France are so happy they weren't shot. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack
Or the 8 killed in New York https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us/ne...red/index.html
Or the 8 killed and 48 injured by a truck in London https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_2..._Bridge_attack

It's amazing how you people hold on to your mantra "it's the guns fault" in spite of all evidence that the tool doesn't matter.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Determined to prove how little you know? Why limit to Japan?

It's amazing how you people hold on to your mantra "it's the guns fault" in spite of all evidence that the tool doesn't matter.
Hey it was done by any other means that's alright as long as it wasn't done with a firearm that is all that matters.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
Volcano? Tsunami? Probably you have never set foot on Honolulu.

Little fat Kim's missiles? Now it is capable to hit anywhere in US Mainland including Florida. The difference is only minutes between it hits Hawaii and Florida.

I don't pay much tax. I paid $1,700 annual property tax for my one million dollar assessed home. How much do you pay for your Florida home?
*yawns*
PM me if you want to talk smack or would you rather leave your ignorance on display for the world to see proving my point for me that you're insufferable miserable control freaks.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:36 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,783,331 times
Who is raising children and young adults to do these kinds of things? Guns are prevalent in our home and neither of my children shot anyone when they were in high school.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:36 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,133,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
*yawns*
PM me if you want to talk smack or would you rather leave your ignorance on display for the world to see proving my point for me that you're insufferable miserable control freaks.
Go pissed off with your lousy concealed carrying weapon and save your condescending attitude on teaching others bring this obscene law to other states!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies