Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 11:52 AM

8,141 posts, read 6,879,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
You should be arrested for bringing a firearm onto school property. Not to mention, the gun is not registered to the new owner, thus you. Not to mention, most states have strict guidelines for selling weapons, which you could have very well broken.
He would know all of this if he were actually a gun-owner.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:53 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,477,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Or, just the work of gun industry shills. Has the RW ever been happy without fearing something?
Where is the fear in wanting the means of lawful defense?

Prove me wrong disregard the troll, prove me wrong and prove to me you're genuinely concerned for the safety of kids and citizens.

Prove to me you will stop standing on the bodies of the deceased as statistics to push for your will of curtailing rights to fit your agenda in breeding weak feeble victims repaint on government dependency to handle an attack or heinous vile scumbag regardless of their motive.

You can start by reflecting on what doesn't work. That is gun free zones.
When seconds matter, help is minutes away.

I'm convinced you're not genuinely concerned in preventing, stopping, or deterring these incidents by endorsing for the revocation of a constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms for all lawful purposes.

I'm convinced your side of the aisle is thrilled when these events occur to fear monger and push to attack our rights and the rights of future generations.

Blood is on your hands. Not ours. We want the ability of lawful defense. We want the ability to act with impunity on behalf of ourselves, our communities, and the ability for teachers or school appointed faculty to identify and eliminate the hostile threat the moment it arises.
Not huddle in the corner of a class room to become fish in a barrel. Nor be in fear.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:56 AM

19,701 posts, read 10,038,494 times
Quote:
You don't need a gun to "protect" yourself.

Look at actual numbers. The number of murders by home invasion is a very insignificant amount.

Stop living in fear. You're significantly more likely to die in a car accident than by a home invasion.
I live in a rural town of 8,000. There have been 4 home invasions here since November. They do happen.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:57 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Where is the fear in wanting the means of lawful defense?

Prove me wrong disregard the troll, prove me wrong and prove to me you're genuinely concerned for the safety of kids and citizens.

Prove to me you will stop standing on the bodies of the deceased as statistics to push for your will of curtailing rights to fit your agenda in breeding weak feeble victims repaint on government dependency to handle an attack or heinous vile scumbag regardless of their motive.

You can start by reflecting on what doesn't work. That is gun free zones.
When seconds matter, help is minutes away.

I'm convinced you're not genuinely concerned in preventing, stopping, or deterring these incidents by endorsing for the revocation of a constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms for all lawful purposes.

Actually, the fear I was referring to was the fear of "Obama breaking into my house and taking all of my guns away" I apparently have a lot more faith in both the Constitution and the SCOTUS than you.

Quote:
I'm convinced your side of the aisle is thrilled when these events occur to fear monger and push to attack our rights and the rights of future generations.
Your inane beliefs are your own, enjoy!

Quote:
Blood is on your hands. Not ours. We want the ability of lawful defense. We want the ability to act with impunity on behalf of ourselves, our communities, and the ability for teachers or school appointed faculty to identify and eliminate the hostile threat the moment it arises.
Not huddle in the corner of a class room to become fish in a barrel. Nor be in fear.

Hallucinations are not a good sign.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:58 AM

1,330 posts, read 695,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not to those who are murdered. Looking at the cost of home insurance paid year after year, and I paid it for 31 years before having a claim, I see no issue with spending far less one time for home protection no matter how small the likelihood of needing it. It's like wearing a parachute while flying aerobatics, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
It's statistics. Say 100 people are murdered in a home invasion every year. You have a 1:3,000,000 chance. I'll bet that a lot of those are concentrated in higher risk areas too, so say only 1/3 of those are in "good" areas.... that leaves you with a 1:9,000,000 chance (or 0.00001% chance) A car accident though, you've got a 0.01% chance.

Again, living in fear for such a small number is pretty damn stupid.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Hair View Post
Who says I brought it onto school property?
Then, why are you stalking a teacher? As a boyfriend to a middle school teacher, I would have called the cops on you and potentially had a restraining order placed as that could be seen as a passive threat.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:00 PM

50,135 posts, read 46,774,167 times
Quote:
You don't need a gun to "protect" yourself.

Look at actual numbers. The number of murders by home invasion is a very insignificant amount.

Stop living in fear. You're significantly more likely to die in a car accident than by a home invasion.
And .... you have less than 1/10th of 1% chance of dying in a mass shooting.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I live in a rural town of 8,000. There have been 4 home invasions here since November. They do happen.
How many involved a death?

Old 01-24-2018, 12:02 PM

8,141 posts, read 6,879,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Hair View Post
LOL... you can't handle the truth, so you call me a troll?
You lost, we won... get over it.
I rest my case.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:02 PM

19,701 posts, read 10,038,494 times
Quote:
How many involved a death?
None, all were frightened away by armed homeowners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies