Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 12:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Hair View Post
Let me guess... liberal laws forced you to leave it at home where the burglars can easily get it and potentially use it against you?

This wouldn't have happened if you had an extra gun in your car.
so leave a weapon where they can break a window and take it?

You really need to work on engaging them, you make us all look stupid.

If you said leaving a firearm secured in your car or on your person...
Secured as in how mine has where you can't readily take it. My truck guns are more secured than what is found in police cruisers.

First you have to find it. Second you have to take it. Good luck with that. I have a steel cable lock that goes through grommets in the floor board and around the frame rail and through the receivers. It will take someone with alot of determination making alot of noise to either cut the cable lock or destroy the weapon itself. Where as the police cruisers have a simple clamp lock. Undo 2 pins and slide the upper out of the lower, and remove the lower through the clamp.

Leaving one under the seat, or in a glove box is ill advised.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:37 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Those are delicious!

I'd be OK with pretty much any European chocolate instead of the wax crap they pass off as Chocolate here
Yeah, to get decent chocolate here, you have to get the expensive imported specialty stuff. Cheap convenience store chocolate tastes like cheese vomit (I think due to the butyrate).

Old 01-24-2018, 12:39 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,144,741 times
There are ways to stop campus shooting.

Though all schools are designated Gun Free Zones, it is never thoroughly enforced. Though some structures install metal detectors, anybody can still carry guns and roam around the campus.

Most high schools should be built in the way like airport terminal or prison. A wall or a 6-ft high barbed wire fence should be constructed to surround the entire campus with just one or two entrances/exits. Every student, teacher, parent and visitor has to be thoroughly body searched when they enter campus. It is just like as if you enter a prison compound or airport terminal. Two or three security guards should be hired and station permanently on every campus.

Like TSA, a national agency called SSA should be set up to oversee campus safety.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:44 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post

Though all schools are designated Gun Free Zones, it is never thoroughly enforced. Though some structures install metal detectors, anybody can still carry guns and roam around the campus.

Most high schools should be built in the way like airport terminal or prison. A wall or a 6-ft high barbed wire fence should be constructed to surround the entire campus with just one or two entrances/exits. Every student, teacher, parent and visitor has to be thoroughly body searched when they enter campus. It is just like as if you enter a prison compound or airport terminal. Two or three security guards should be hired and station permanently on every campus.

Like TSA, a national agency called SSA should be set up to oversee campus safety.
Jesus christ. Talk about school-to-prison pipeline.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:47 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,144,741 times
Or you can make a personal choice. I reviewed all the campus shooting in High Schools since Columbine. It seems most happened in Public Schools or Charter Schools. Rarely or maybe had it ever happened in Private High School.

So send your kid to Private School if you worry about his/her safety.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post

That will cost big bucks to build schools like that and have the support staff to operate it...

My approach.
Let the faculty get their concealed carry license, train to respond to that event, and either keep the weapon secured in a locked drawer or on their person. For when the event unfolds the weapon is accessible and ready to dispatch the threat.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:48 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,481 times
Quote:
It's statistics. Say 100 people are murdered in a home invasion every year. You have a 1:3,000,000 chance. I'll bet that a lot of those are concentrated in higher risk areas too, so say only 1/3 of those are in "good" areas.... that leaves you with a 1:9,000,000 chance (or 0.00001% chance) A car accident though, you've got a 0.01% chance.

Again, living in fear for such a small number is pretty damn stupid.
It's not just being murdered but assaulted during the home invasion. The woman in the video below wasn't murdered so then it must be OK that she couldn't defend herself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CavkSl2gyc

And I don't live in fear. Would you say I fear having a house fire since I have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen and smoke detectors in every room? That's just being prepared for the worst.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:49 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Yes I am. How many schools in Japan, UK, etc. had shoot-ups this year?
Again, this isn't Japan or the UK. You cannot compare apples to oranges.

This is your opinion, I'm posted links proving you are wrong.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When someone makes utterly baseless statements as you have like I have blood on my hands?

YES!
Shall we go back the Vegas thread where you and others held law abiding gun owners responsible for that and state the victims blood was on our hands?
Where folks were calling for the NRA to be labeled a terrorist organization? Where folks called for something to happen to Wayne Lapierre and/or his family?

Old 01-24-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Those are delicious!

I'd be OK with pretty much any European chocolate instead of the wax crap they pass off as Chocolate here
Harry and David. Top notch chocolate. Puts everything else to shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies