Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one?
Republican 34 53.97%
Democratic 15 23.81%
Green, Libertarian, etc 14 22.22%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 05:10 PM

5,895 posts, read 3,894,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I'm surprised Republicans are ahead in this particular poll so far, especially given the unpopularity of the current administration, but only 16 votes total (as of right now) isn't a representative sample of the US as a whole.
Most of the people on this site are older 65 and up conservatives so it's really not surprising to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 05:12 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
It's not a requirement that you have to be white to be Republican...
I dont get it. My Liberal coworkers and friends have told me numerous times I should vote Democrat because of the color of my skin Lol. This is why I truly believe Liberals are among the most racist people on earth, contrary to what you see and hear in the media.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:13 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,377,904 times
I think with regards to the demographic argument, most fail to take into account that most individuals become more conservative with age and experience in the real world and common sense overtakes adolescent idealism. However, we will always have some segment of the population permanently stuck in the adolescent stage of human development-liberals.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:16 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I dont get it. My Liberal coworkers and friends have told me numerous times I should vote Democrat because of the color of my skin Lol. This is why I truly believe Liberals are among the most racist people on earth, contrary to what you see and hear in the media.
Interesting. Nobody has ever told me how I should vote. We don't even really talk politics at work. Even if we do, nobody tells others how they 'should' vote. You must work somewhere very different.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:16 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Interesting poll results. Knowing my generation well, I don't see it playing out that way at all.

Of course, we'll see what happens.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:17 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
In 2050 - projections are still that Non-Hispanic Whites will be the Majority in the USA.

This "demographic shift" business is way in the future as our Nation continue to diversify.
It's an insult to all races to say "you must be a Democrat or a Republican because of your color"

Here's a novel approach ..... how about if we just make an attempt to do what is best for ALL instead of the Leftist Baskets of Identity that they use to divide us for Political Gain & Power.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
In 2050 - projections are still that Non-Hispanic Whites will be the Majority in the USA.

This "demographic shift" business is way in the future as our Nation continue to diversify.
It's an insult to all races to say "you must be a Democrat or a Republican because of your color"

Here's a novel approach ..... how about if we just make an attempt to do what is best for ALL instead of the Leftist Baskets of Identity that they use to divide us.
My predictions have nothing to do with race.

It has a lot to do with my generations' feelings on many social issues, though. And how those align with the two parties we currently have (I'll give you a hint: they don't tend to align very well with the current party in power).

Until Republicans cut off the noose around their neck (read: the evangelical Right wing portion of their party), they will continue to have this problem.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
I think there's hope for a "No Labels" type of party made up of independents and moderates from across the political spectrum.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think there's hope for a "No Labels" type of party made up of independents and moderates from across the political spectrum.
I'd love to see that - but don't see it anytime soon.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:25 PM

183 posts, read 103,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Which party has the best future and the most support? Democrats or Republicans?

As far as demographics shifts are going, the Republicans are in trouble because whites will eventually be the miniority in the near future.

The Democrats keep moving farther to the left, and their crazy SJW base definitely doesn't completely help their base. For some millennials, they lean more to the Democratic Party but there's a lot of sources that claim the future generation will have a higher percentage of conservatives than the millennial generation.

I know people will ask about how long into the future. For this post, I want to focus on the 2020's.
Whites are not going to be the minority in the future in the united states. The browning of america was based on 2040 stats that showed immigration continuing at present levels and extremely high hispanic birth rates adding to it, thats probably not going to happen

Immigration, both legal and illegal , is the major topic of the day. It wasnt for the last 35 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies