Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 01:24 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If you need to hide from reality, I am sure you have a closet, too. Perhaps that can be your safe space.
Don’t make your twisted “reality” everybody else’s business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 01:25 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,923,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Look at all the homophobes (and yes, that's who you are - stop being a snowflake about it) ranting about LGBTQ people.

Again, it's none of your darned business about other people's lives. If you don't like same sex marriage, don't enter into a same sex union. But don't prevent other people from doing so, and don't use your hatred to prevent them from going about their jobs and lives.
You have to realize that this is about tribal psychology; the radical Right needs to demonize someone, and it can be LGBTQ or Liberals or Mexicans or immigrants or communists, whatever works at any given time. Populism always works best when there is a focus for their joined hatred.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:26 PM

29,447 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then don't get bent, when they throw it in my face and I throw it right back at them twice as hard and they run to their safe space of granted privilege.

Attacking someone because they don't accept you, is a hate crime. See, it is a two way street, until government gets involved.

Come on, we all know the double standard set by the left.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:27 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Another thread where the real bullies claim to be the victims. Turn off the Fox News are look at the issue objectively. In many parts of the country it's still very difficult to be openly gay and doing so carries with it a huge risk and social stigma. I live in one of them. Christian parents still throw their children to the streets for coming out of the closet.

I fear a time is coming where the LGBT community will be forced back into the closet or into conversion therapy by law with the alternative being the death penalty. That is the ultimate goal of religious conservatives.

I think the society depicted in A Handmaid's Tale is closer than many want to admit.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You have to realize that this is about tribal psychology;

True, the loony limp wristed liberal snowflakes, demonize anyone that doesn't buy their entire catalog of Crazy. They will eat their own quick if they step out of line.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Another thread where the real bullies claim to be the victims. Turn off the Fox News are look at the issue objectively. In many parts of the country it's still very difficult to be openly gay and doing so carries with it a huge risk and social stigma. I live in one of them. Christian parents still throw their children to the streets for coming out of the closet.

I fear a time is coming where the LGBT community will be forced back into the closet or into conversion therapy by law with the alternative being the death penalty. That is the ultimate goal of religious conservatives.

I think the society depicted in A Handmaid's Tale is closer than many want to admit.

Their are choices in life. Own who you are and wear it like a badge of honor. Or let your conscious run your life.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:33 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,620,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Well, we never thought about the T's in LGBT until three or four years ago, so that's going to make some difference. While the G's and B's do stuff in private (and sometimes in public) that create health problems for the rest of us (proliferation of viruses, STD's, and antibiotic-resistant bacteria), everyone knows G's who by and large don't have any negative impact on one's personal life. In fact, most of us get along with and even like a lot of these G's. But the T thing is weird and especially scary for parents of young children. People don't choose to be G, but some people do choose to be T. And we must keep the pro-T propaganda away from our kids.

To the extent that T's make up a bigger share of the people we associate with the LGBTQ label, our "comfort and acceptance of LGBTQ people" is going to decline.
To anyone who doesnt know...this is Blaire White:

Blaire is trans...born as a male..could you even tell?

On the other hand,,this is Riley Dennis..

Another trans..born a male but NOW identifies as a transgendered lesbian (?) Despite doing very little at all to be a trans..but makes sure and browbeats anyone who dares questions his trans status. Again..identifies as a woman..who is a lesbian... And this guy (sorry, i will not call Riley a girl/ woman) actually says that misgendering someone is considered assault!

See the difference?

Old 01-25-2018, 01:35 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Look at all the homophobes (and yes, that's who you are - stop being a snowflake about it) ranting about LGBTQ people.

Again, it's none of your darned business about other people's lives. If you don't like same sex marriage, don't enter into a same sex union. But don't prevent other people from doing so, and don't use your hatred to prevent them from going about their jobs and lives.
Actully, I don't call them homophobes. A phobia suggests fear and people who are homophobic really aren't scared. They're just intolerant jerks.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Come on, we all know the double standard set by the left.
In your face double standards, create terms like "Hate crime" to protect their base from the truth.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:38 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Don’t make your twisted “reality” everybody else’s business.
How, exactly, am I doing that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies