U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:52 PM

20,185 posts, read 22,873,380 times

Advertisements

Lol, the OP isn't like someone who posts a lot... obviously either a quirk or a saboteur... too many "assumptions" make his story completely ludicrous... albeit he is mixing in some truths in there, perhaps to make people disbelieve everything he says?... mix up the truth with the outrageous to make people not believe in the truth because they don't separate it from the outrageous... its true that we are trying to form a "union" between Canada and Mexico but there is no military takeover, its more insidious and silent, it costs less that way...

Last edited by evilnewbie; 03-22-2008 at 11:17 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 03-22-2008, 11:23 PM

22,008 posts, read 22,111,013 times
Ain't gonna happen. The Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees it. Remember that the next time you're considering voting for some new gun control law...

As for the "Amero", it's a hoax. Let me say that one more time, a little louder. IT'S A HOAX!

And Halliburton building prisons/camps/whatever... Nonsense. I have direct knowledge of a lot of their activities and there's no such construction taking place in this country. Now, if you're looking to build a wind farm, you might want to give them a call. They are involved in a lot of that in this country...

Old 03-23-2008, 12:25 AM

7,946 posts, read 16,625,222 times
The OP's theory sort of reminds me of the plot behind Star Wars Revenge of the Sith, when Chancellor Palpatine declares himself Emperor in the name of security and stability, and initiates a mass purge of all who oppose him. I almost don't think its beyond Bush to do such a thing. Congress passed a provision in 2007 allowing the President to declare supreme dictatoral powers in the event of a national emergency. This act got very little news coverage. Such an economic crash would be the perfect opportunity for Bush to do away with democracy and establish his empire. If this were to happen, would we as Americans stand for it? I don't think our military, who swear to defend the Constitution of the United States would stand for it.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:15 AM

39 posts, read 338,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Ain't gonna happen. The Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees it. Remember that the next time you're considering voting for some new gun control law...

As for the "Amero", it's a hoax. Let me say that one more time, a little louder. IT'S A HOAX!

And Halliburton building prisons/camps/whatever... Nonsense. I have direct knowledge of a lot of their activities and there's no such construction taking place in this country. Now, if you're looking to build a wind farm, you might want to give them a call. They are involved in a lot of that in this country...
ok you win. I wont say anything else. But I do have a question. What is happening to USA? What is SPP? Why are all these FEMA camps empty? What is really happening to our dollar? What is NAFTA? Did Bush really make himself a dictator on May 9th 2007 in the event of an emegency like the guy above stated? And last but not least are these made up too?

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:52 AM

22,008 posts, read 22,111,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPD77 View Post
ok you win. I wont say anything else.
If only...

Quote:
But I do have a question.
*A* question? LOL! Let's look at your "one" question...

Quote:
What is happening to USA?
Um, ok... Let's see... It's drifting on tectonic plates. What the hell kind of question is that?!

Quote:
What is SPP?
Security and Prosperity Partnership Of North America. No secret agenda there - they even have a website!
SPP Home

Quote:
Why are all these FEMA camps empty?
What FEMA camps?

Quote:
What is really happening to our dollar?
It's losing value. Economies go in cycles. Didn't they teach you that at black helicopter school? Probably not - it works against their conspiracy agendas.

Quote:
What is NAFTA?
North American Free Trade Agreement.

Quote:
Did Bush really make himself a dictator on May 9th 2007 in the event of an emegency like the guy above stated?
I don't know. He said something about the US resembling a Star Wars movie and Congress passing a "provision" but didn't state which provision he was referring to. Perhaps you can enlighten me (and don't ruin the ending - I haven't seen Star Wars!).

Quote:
And last but not least are these made up too?

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
Signed in 1962 by President Kennedy. Deals with the health and safety of government employees. It has nothing to do with transportation.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
No it doesn't. Signed in 1962 by President Kennedy, it deals with management of the radio frequency spectrum and mandates effective and efficient use of the airwaves for the Executive branch. Section 7 of the order specifically states, "Nothing contained in this order shall be deemed to impair any existing authority or jurisdiction of the Federal Communications Commission."

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
No... It doesn't. That order (also signed in 1962 by President Kennedy - noticing a pattern here?) deals with national preparedness in the event of a nuclear attack. It discusses plans for procurement in the event of an attack, stockpiling before the attack happens, etc.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
1962, Kennedy. Same concept as 10997, except it pertains to agriculture.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
1962, Kennedy. What's wrong with the government hiring civilians? They do it every day. This order discusses recruitment, training, mobilization and guidance of civilian labor in the event of an attack.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
I won't bother looking up the rest. I did enough research to know that this is nothing but lunchmeat for the tin foil hat crowd. You're looking at orders that are over 40 years old and trying to claim that the current administration is going to use them to take over the country.

Again, the 2nd Amendment guarantees that these things you're so concerned about simply can't happen. That's why it's there. If the government tried to do any of the things you're suggesting, they'd meet up with about 200,000,000 pissed off, armed citizens.

I have to go now - I hear the black helicopters coming and I have to go turn on my CIA radio jammer, so they can't find me...

Old 03-23-2008, 06:16 AM

39 posts, read 338,489 times
CIA radio jammer did you mean NSA ? Or wait I know there not spying on us thats just a conspiracy theory.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:18 AM

11,135 posts, read 13,698,516 times
I believe this thread has gone where no man has gone before.

Swishhhhh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.