Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 09:27 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
OR; equally as likely would be the person making the request on behalf of the Whitehouse is known and held in so low esteem by her peers that this respondent thought it was a joke and responded appropriately while sitting at her desk dressed in normal business attire.

Regardless; if people behaving rudely is an issue for Trumpers; they're the most oxymoronic bunch of misfits on the planet today if that irony escapes their notice.
Truer words have not been spoken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 09:34 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Idiots wouldn’t know this “toilet” is already an insult artwork representing wealthy American waste. The jokes on all of you.
I'm betting Mr. Cattelan would wholeheartedly agree with the replacement offered to Mr. Trump:

Quote:
...For "America" Cattelan replaced the toilet in this restroom with a fully functional replica cast in 18-karat gold, making available to the public an extravagant luxury product seemingly intended for the 1 percent. Its participatory nature, in which viewers are invited to make use of the fixture individually and privately, allows for an experience of unprecedented intimacy with a work of art. Cattelan’s toilet offers a wink to the excesses of the art market but also evokes the American dream of opportunity for all—its utility ultimately reminding us of the inescapable physical realities of our shared humanity. ...
https://www.guggenheim.org/exhibitio...ttelan-America

Personally, I'm grateful for all the folks who share their privately-owned Art pieces with everyone else when they make them available to be enjoyed at Museums & public spaces.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:50 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Can you imagine the worldwide outrage if this was done to Obama? Would the snowflake libees think it was funny and cute?
They would burn the Guggenheim.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Regardless; if people behaving rudely is an issue for Trumpers; they're the most oxymoronic bunch of misfits on the planet today if that irony escapes their notice.
Truth, 100%

Old 01-28-2018, 08:09 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
This is a classic.

Too bad it will get lost in the shuffle of conspiracy tales, lies, and false accusations.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:33 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
The Trumpistas are now getting back at the Guggenheim - by posting one-star Yelp reviews. You can't make this stuff up.

I am having an absolute ball watching the totally-not-Trump-supporters suddenly dropping their pince-nezes at such rudeness and indecency. The obscenity is that you elected the short-fingered vulgarian to hold high office in the first place, now you suddenly stand on decorum?

And this has to be one of the coldest, best-crafted insults ever. Trump wants, so so bad, to be the sort of New Yorker who runs with the Guggenheim board, the Met Opera, the Philharmonic. It's just that he lacks everything that wins you influence in these circles. Style apart from "More gold leaf", class, artistic interest beyond the price tag, refinement, that sort of thing. Basic charm, too. Things money won't buy you.

I effect, he asked the Guggenheim "I'm President now. What do you think of that?" and the Guggenheim responded "This is what we think of that. You asked."

Old 01-31-2018, 01:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The Trumpistas are now getting back at the Guggenheim - by posting one-star Yelp reviews. You can't make this stuff up.

I am having an absolute ball watching the totally-not-Trump-supporters suddenly dropping their pince-nezes at such rudeness and indecency. The obscenity is that you elected the short-fingered vulgarian to hold high office in the first place, now you suddenly stand on decorum?

And this has to be one of the coldest, best-crafted insults ever. Trump wants, so so bad, to be the sort of New Yorker who runs with the Guggenheim board, the Met Opera, the Philharmonic. It's just that he lacks everything that wins you influence in these circles. Style apart from "More gold leaf", class, artistic interest beyond the price tag, refinement, that sort of thing. Basic charm, too. Things money won't buy you.

I effect, he asked the Guggenheim "I'm President now. What do you think of that?" and the Guggenheim responded "This is what we think of that. You asked."
It's funny when these kind of things happen.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:40 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
These photographs of Mr. Trump's penthouse in Trump Tower certainly indicate that a 'golden toilet' would not be out of place:

Donald Trump's $100m New York City penthouse in pictures | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-31-2018, 01:46 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
OMG, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard !! I just called everyone in the office to come and watch that story, and they are still howling ! Sure gonna miss Trump when he is gone, he is a riot !!!

Old 01-31-2018, 04:41 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
These photographs of Mr. Trump's penthouse in Trump Tower certainly indicate that a 'golden toilet' would not be out of place:

Donald Trump's $100m New York City penthouse in pictures | Daily Mail Online
I'm pretty sure Trump already has gold-plated bathroom fixtures.

Maybe the Guggenheim was thrilled to offer something to Trump that they already know he likes. After all, it's a genuine work of art, and if they gave it to me, I'd just melt it down, being a philistine and all.

It's really hard to find a gift for someone who already has everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies