Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 02:54 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I couldn't really tell but I did get the impression that the clerk was speaking Spanish and at first I assumed he might have been Hispanic himself.
He was speaking Spanish, and given it is Kendall, would be surprised if he was not Hispanic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 02:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Oh, look...another "poor me" video that not only starts when the complainer decides it should, but also has a curious deletion just before the clerk tells her to leave.

BTW, she was also demanding a refund, which that clerk wasn't giving her. But we're to believe this had nothing to do with the kerfuffle.

The only travesty here is that UPS corporate toadies flapped their gums about "diversity," and are now "investigating" the incident--after they fired the clerk.
That's who I really despise maybe the most .

There was a story where diversity tried to burn down a catholic college just like they do it in their homeland.

The University toady's response, "Commited to MOAR diversity!".

Old 01-27-2018, 03:16 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
For me nothing wrong with not speaking English if you came here over the age of 30-40. It is much harder to learn a second language when your old than if you already know several languages and are younger. My problem would be if her children didn't speak English.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:18 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Social media was designed to bring people closer and keep each other up to date with what is going on in their lives. But in reality, people are becoming too dependent on social media looking for attention and social “interaction” online rather than in the real world.

To me, this is a misunderstanding at best.

Research already shows that relationships suffer from thoughtless, emotional posts. why can't some people just Learn to express oneself persuasively and well?

"Excuse me sir, did you kick me out because I only spoke Spanish, or I misunderstood you? I am still a paying customer and i am sorry, but your customer service skill is not good enough." That is all she has to say (in Spanish or in English)

When communicating with others, others will see how well you combine passion, compassion, with purpose.

Social media is also a new way people vent. Whether it’s a simple status or tweet, our feelings are being let out and put on display for the world to see.

If you decided to be a drama queen about everything, please keep in mind that somebody's career might be ruined because of your emotion. It is not a kind thing to do.

Innocence until proven guilty still matters even if customers are always right.

Sad situation.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:12 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
For me nothing wrong with not speaking English if you came here over the age of 30-40. It is much harder to learn a second language when your old than if you already know several languages and are younger. My problem would be if her children didn't speak English.
It's not hard learning a second language at that age, especially a language that is somewhat related like Spanish and English are. There are people who come to American speaking only Vietnamese or Korean yet they still learn English, which isn't similar to their native language at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies