Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 03:08 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,490,786 times

Advertisements

Haven't they all slashed jobs after getting these tax cuts? If there are less jobs then what did regular folk get from tax cuts? Being told the jobs were being cut because taxes were too high was the argument for many years. Now they still slashed jobs. Just shows they're liars. The supposed "job creators" always have some excuse to slash American jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 03:21 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
And i guess your stupidity is what prevents you from accepting this or doing your own research?

If I go to the Walmart reddit, and see where a comanager has posted an internal document., and me as a Walmart worker know what to look for, then what is wrong with that evidence?
Walmart has been doing and talking about closing under-performing stores, to include the now failed "Walmart express" stores for years

the closing of the underperforming sams clubs was posted in 2016....

the recent tax cut (which DONT GO INTO EFFECT FOR ANOTHER 11 MONTHS) has made the PLANNED closings easier on them, AND afforded them to give severance packages

Old 01-28-2018, 03:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Hmm... you seem like you have a wonderful personality, perhaps you should work for retail?

Let me ask you something. Where and when would you expect associates to learn most of this information? Walmart for example, has over 100,000 different skus/plus in its average store, how do you expect someone to know where each and everyone is at? Even if it’s something in their department, most times they’re understaffed, overworked, and the store is constantly changing with little communication to the average worker.

And while having a job, you should try and do your best at it, how do you expect someone to care or do their best when the work place is already understaffed and you only make 10$ an hour? If you’ve worked in retail on a store level within the last five years, I would have to question where your logic comes from. And if you haven’t, it’s quite obvious you don’t know what you’re talking about.
deflect much

I am now in my 50's
but at one time I wasn't.....my first job (at 3.50/hr and that is .50 OVER min wage) was White Castle
the next job was retail...Pergament Home Centers (like a Home Depot)...and I learned my job, be it stocking, mixing paint, or KNOWING WHERE STUFF IN THE STORE IS LOCATED...or even KNOWING WHEN TO ASK, so I could....wait for it...HELP THE CUSTOMER

todays wienies, don't seem to WANT TO LEARN,... they just want 15 dollars HANDED TO THEM

90% of the retail workforce is incompetent, only about 10% really want to work or learn

Old 01-28-2018, 03:39 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
deflect much

I am now in my 50's
but at one time I wasn't.....my first job (at 3.50/hr and that is .50 OVER min wage) was White Castle
the next job was retail...Pergament Home Centers (like a Home Depot)...and I learned my job, be it stocking, mixing paint, or KNOWING WHERE STUFF IN THE STORE IS LOCATED...or even KNOWING WHEN TO ASK, so I could....wait for it...HELP THE CUSTOMER

todays wienies, don't seem to WANT TO LEARN,... they just want 15 dollars HANDED TO THEM

90% of the retail workforce is incompetent, only about 10% really want to work or learn
I also worked retail as a teen, and todays associates lack the work ethic my generation had.

Work ethic is not dependent on wage level or skill level. Its a sign of your character.

The kid slacking off at the McJob will be a slacker in the office, if he/she finishes college and gets a professional job.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:45 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
My husband is a mid level manager in retail after working in the construction and then health industries for years. He spends so much time trying to get the 20 somethings to actually work rather than chit chat or sneak looks at the cell phone. They actually work harder at not working. Our son worked at the same place for a bit before starting college (after his military stint) and the other managers asked my husband if he knew any other hard workers like our son to hire. If they don't learn to be useful when young then they don't gain a work ethic for later.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:46 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Walmart has been doing and talking about closing under-performing stores, to include the now failed "Walmart express" stores for years

the closing of the underperforming sams clubs was posted in 2016....

the recent tax cut (which DONT GO INTO EFFECT FOR ANOTHER 11 MONTHS) has made the PLANNED closings easier on them, AND afforded them to give severance packages
The tax cut is in effect now and applies to income earned in 2018. The withholding has not been adjusted-we should see the extra money in our paychecks next month.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:26 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
Amazon is doing better with their on line business than Walmart has done. I'm sure there are some upper level managers getting the boot too.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:06 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
It is not their money but money gained through ill gotten tactics.
Like threatening suppliers they will go elsewhere if they do not agree to Walmarts shady tactics.

It's obvious that you don't like what they do. But can you point to something in that ballkpark that they are doing that is actually illegal (rather than just being something you don't like) ?

Quote:
They also utilize slave labor countries to have their widgets made.
Again, you obviously don't like what they are doing, but can you point to something illegal. It doesn't sound like it, else you would already have done so.

Quote:
How much money would Walmart make if it was not for cheap slave labor?
I dare anyone to start a business on a remote island with no workers or consumers and see how well they do it all themselves.
Is that you Liz?

Old 01-31-2018, 05:01 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times
Just heard the old supercenter I worked at lost both comanagers as part of the mass elimination.

But I guess it was just #fakenews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies