Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 06:49 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,095,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Their HOME is America!!!

If you would take two minutes and research who qualifies as a Dreamer, you'd see that's true. These people GREW UP here in America. The only reason they aren't "Americans" is because of a piece of paper.
So you understand this is a huge problem that needs to be solved and prevented from reoccurring. Once and for all.

Next stop: anchor babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 06:54 AM

62,712 posts, read 28,915,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Do you think any type of attempt by the U.S. to assert sovereignty is acceptable? Or are all types of such attempts racist?

Amazing, isn't it that they think that securing our border against a foreign invasion is racist yet we allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year most of whom are Mexicans and other Latinos.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:22 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,227,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, That is not what i meant. You read too much into what I posted.

sheesh back at ya.

I said, " I am not going to dispute it because you obviously believed it."

Not good enough for you?

duh!
Well...why wouldn't I believe it? Its an educated opinion informed by facts.

Duh? Really?

Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
"Here’s everything you need to know about Democrats, they call Americans deplorables and illegal immigrants dreamers."

Don Bongino
Brilliant. Careful with that double-edged sword you're wielding. There have been plenty of boneheaded one-offs Republicans have uttered as well.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 AM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
Well...why wouldn't I believe it? Its an educated opinion informed by facts.

Duh? Really?
Go fight with somebody else. Really!

I said I won't dispute it, and you still have to throw a hissy fit.

Seriously? !

At least, you admit it was an opinion, an educated opinion is still an opinion.

Plus, I NEVER said your article was wrong, I said

Our economy is fiercely resilient as well as broad enough to weather the gradual loss of a combination of 800,000 students and early stage employees. Shrouding the discussion of DACA reversal as an economic rather than a human issue does great disservice to those affected.

Got that?

Old 01-30-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
So you understand this is a huge problem that needs to be solved and prevented from reoccurring. Once and for all.

Next stop: anchor babies.
No. Don't attempt to twist my words. Want to make a point? Do it yourself instead of attempting a game of gotcha, okay?

Old 01-30-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Go fight with somebody else. Really!

I said I won't dispute it, and you still have to throw a hissy fit.

Seriously? !

At least, you admit it was an opinion, an educated opinion is still an opinion.

Plus, I NEVER said your article was wrong, I said

Our economy is fiercely resilient as well as broad enough to weather the gradual loss of a combination of 800,000 students and early stage employees. Shrouding the discussion of DACA reversal as an economic rather than a human issue does great disservice to those affected.

Got that?
If you don't like what I write, place me on ignore.

I didn't say you said the article was wrong. I'm just saying there is no reason NOT to put stock in it.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
If you don't like what I write, place me on ignore.

I didn't say you said the article was wrong. I'm just saying there is no reason NOT to put stock in it.
well, why should I put you on ignore? There is no reason for that.

sheesh, I am only arguing

One more time

Never implied there is no reason NOT to put stock in it. Just trying to look at the subject from a different angle. That is all.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:42 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,933,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, I went to Catholic schools. Illegal wasn't even a word mentioned. It was all about God accepting all of us as his children. It wasn't about where we came from, it was about acceptance. So you can smack your own head. Anyone who truly believes in God was not taught about discrimination. They learned that on their own and blame it on their christian beliefs which is very hypocritical.
Garbage. I went to Catholic school also, and since my father was a cop, I learned that word.

Illegal: against the law. Period. Catholic, Buddhist, whatever - you don't get to break a law in the name of your god. It's not discrimination, in spite of what the racists on the left tell you.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, I went to Catholic schools. Illegal wasn't even a word mentioned. It was all about God accepting all of us as his children. It wasn't about where we came from, it was about acceptance. So you can smack your own head. Anyone who truly believes in God was not taught about discrimination. They learned that on their own and blame it on their christian beliefs which is very hypocritical.
LOL

Please, let's leave religion out of it. You are not the only one who went to Catholic or religious school.

Matter of fact,

A Illegal means one is entering the country outside of due process and hence it is illegal. Nothing in Ezekial condones permits or applies to this type of movement of people. In fact in Ezekials day, if there was illegal immigration (understanding there were no passports or such control, but rather “invasion” or “non invasion”, then the likely response would be to drive them back or to kill them.

B As Christian hosts, we have the duty of hospitality whenever we find a needy person before us, whatever the cause of their need. This is different, however, from justifying the “illegal” immigrant. Without wishing to minimise the hardships which make people immigrate whether legally or not, it cannot be denied that some do not have a valid reason for leaving their home countries except that “the grass is greener on the other side.” Neither Ezekiel 47 nor any other verse in the Bible justifies that.

Leave religion out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies