Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 07:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Politifact - a progressives best friend posing as an unbias source. Just use WaPo or CNN, same result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 10:42 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Politifact - a progressives best friend posing as an unbias source. Just use WaPo or CNN, same result.

Attacking the source, yet bet you can't show one thing in that list that is not accurate. Go for it, show one thing.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
An interesting article on leadership =https://www.inc.com/nicolas-cole/5-s...after-all.html
Also an article on dictatorship = http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/11/23/...is-a-dictator/

Last edited by jambo101; 02-01-2018 at 05:30 AM..

Old 02-01-2018, 05:42 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
are you all serious? I mean, lets think about this for a moment....

Trump as President, has been briefed on top secret information, right? Remember when he first became President, he knows things that American's will never know, that has been hidden from us...

so how in God's name can anyone say his statements are lies....

One thing I do know, is that under Obama's reign, he did leave go Terrorists....why?

How many, none of us know but the President.

So don't believe everything you read....

you've got, and I say GOT to look at both sides, openly and honestly without bias, and then conclude..b/c each and every politician, and human being has an agenda, even if it's only their core belief.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:07 AM

yanno why Trump is booming.....

Because he has followed thru with everything he said he would do, in his first ever year.

I have watched as millions of other people have and waited and hoped for someone to run for office, that wasn't bought and paid for by the establishment.

True, Trump said what he said about women way back when, so what? That was 11 years ago, and that isn't going to make him or break him if he follows thru with what he said he would. and he is!!!!

I also sat and watched each and every debate, listened closely...it wasn't Trump who convinced me. Those greedy thugs in Washington, were the ones who convinced me along with the MEDIA. What convinced me was Paul Ryan, and how he hated Trump and acted out like a child against Trump, along with Cruz, and all the rest of them. That is what convinced me, Trump was telling the truth, or at least I hoped he would.

I watched the Media for years, how they would rip apart and have nothing to say nice about any Republican President, but When Obama was in there, no matter what he did, they drewled all over him. Why? Because he was doing their
deeds...he to was bought and paid for. If you don't believe me, take a look at the huge corporations that own the media and they're power.

Also, Trump hobnobbed with all these people, he had first hand and in-sight of what was really going on in Washington, and decided, he wasn't going to stand by and watch America slump down into a **** hole country. He has family to think about....and that's why he decided to run.

Yes, he makes off the wall comments, but I watched him admit to what he said...I watch him tweet, and does anyone know why he tweets...b/c he wants the info out there, before the media gets a hold of it and twists and turns everything.

Trump is a great leader...you know what makes him a great leader, is, you know where you stand with him...b/c he filters nothing....and being a good leader isn't easy. While a leader's actions may be scrutinized when things are going south, he doesn't care, he stands by his personal views even when unpopular. He is able to motivate people...and if Trump were as bad as some would like to believe, he wouldn't be doing and accomplishing what he is.

I sat and watched those dems refuse to stand, refuse to clap, acting like little babies...children. They should be ashamed for collecting a pay check. They were unable to have their way....why? Because they knew, the majority of the people side with Trump. They knew, if there was a shut down, it would be their butts that stuck out. I sat there and watched a man, who is a dem, clap and stand, but sat down when he saw his fellow dems were all told by Pelosi, not to stand, not to clap. What irnoy, what worthless leaders they are....

to boot, what Washington has been doing to this country over the past years starting with Kennedy's murder, has been disgusting....and thank God Trump did run. Thank God he doesn't care about being popular....and yeah, he says really stupid things, he Exaggerates a lot...but when it comes down to it, he has done what he promised to do...so, we'll see what happens in the next four years....we'll see...jury is still out as far as I'm concerned and will be for the duration of his term, and I'm watching them all like a hawk and so should all of you.

Geeze Louise, someone raised the stupid question, will you vote for this on or that one in 3 years. Who knows, it depends on what THIS president does or doesn't do, in the next 3 years.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:30 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno why Trump is booming.....
lol but you forgot that "he hires all the best people"
(and these are just from one day)
  • Brenda Fitzgerald, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, purchased stock in Merck & Co., Bayer, Humana, and a tobacco company after taking her post last June. Politico quoted numerous ethics watchdogs expressing opposition to the conflicts of interest she took on by buying stock in firms affected by her work. Fitzgerald resigned today.
  • Health and Human Services Secretary Ben Carson’s son, Ben Carson Jr., participated in his father’s work in ways that may have benefited his son’s businesses. The scandal would come as no surprise if you had read Alec MacGillis’s report on HUD from last August. MacGillis found Carson Jr. constantly hanging around and networking HUD projects in ways that implied some relation to his own businesses.
  • Trump’s infrastructure council is filled with business owners who stand to benefit from the policies Trump is advancing. For instance, Richard LeFrak, one of the developers on Trump’s council, has lobbied against flood-risk regulations that Trump has eliminated. The plan writ large would steer public funding toward privately owned infrastructure projects that would benefit the developers on Trump’s committee, as well as potentially members of his own family.
4 New Trump Corruption Stories From the Last Day Alone

Old 02-01-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol but you forgot that "he hires all the best people"
(and these are just from one day)
  • Brenda Fitzgerald, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, purchased stock in Merck & Co., Bayer, Humana, and a tobacco company after taking her post last June. Politico quoted numerous ethics watchdogs expressing opposition to the conflicts of interest she took on by buying stock in firms affected by her work. Fitzgerald resigned today.
  • Health and Human Services Secretary Ben Carson’s son, Ben Carson Jr., participated in his father’s work in ways that may have benefited his son’s businesses. The scandal would come as no surprise if you had read Alec MacGillis’s report on HUD from last August. MacGillis found Carson Jr. constantly hanging around and networking HUD projects in ways that implied some relation to his own businesses.
  • Trump’s infrastructure council is filled with business owners who stand to benefit from the policies Trump is advancing. For instance, Richard LeFrak, one of the developers on Trump’s council, has lobbied against flood-risk regulations that Trump has eliminated. The plan writ large would steer public funding toward privately owned infrastructure projects that would benefit the developers on Trump’s committee, as well as potentially members of his own family.
4 New Trump Corruption Stories From the Last Day Alone
oh come on, do you honestly believe I'd change my mind from someone who claims to live, "somewhere over the rainbow"

Seriously, there very well may be truth to all of these you've listed....what politician doesn't allow corruption and power to guide him or her? Eventually when it comes down to is, money does talk...you must know that. However, he is keeping the people happy, isn't he, um, except for the dems. We'll see, time will tell, right? Isn't that what you would say? Best to keep our eyes open. (pssst, I never said, he hires all the good people)

Old 02-01-2018, 08:17 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
He's not winning with me.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:31 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
oh come on, do you honestly believe I'd change my mind from someone who claims to live, "somewhere over the rainbow"
You are welcome to look up each of those incidents and verify or disprove them, but if you base what you believe or don't believe based on a user name or where a person indicates that they live, then there must be an awful lot of people on C-D who don't meet your believability standard.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You are welcome to look up each of those incidents and verify or disprove them, but if you base what you believe or don't believe based on a user name or where a person indicates that they live, then there must be an awful lot of people on C-D who don't meet your believability standard.
oh yes, there are, especially here on CD....and do you want to know why? Well, I'll tell you why....a lot of times, people can't discuss things nicely...they get all heated up and start to insult you, with ugly remarks, or mock you, b/c they believe that will shut you up, or come in with one line zingers.

like I said before, I don't care what you believe...that's your choice...I'm not going to continue to argue my point, I've written enough. I can't change anyone's mind, and you shouldn't be changed by my posts, but what you should do is investigate with an unbiased mind...that is difficult b/c people today, allow themselves to be identified by their political affiliation. Sad, but true. If only they didn't they wouldn't feel like they'd have to back their beliefs with a corrupt party.

you must have been hearing all these things over the past especially since 911 happened.

I remember when 911 happened, my girlfriend whose son worked for Homeland Security called me and said, Turn on your TV....I did so, and there were Muslims dancing on roof tops...celebrating what just happened. I saw that with my own eyes. then, the media took it off and you couldn't find them any longer.

I'm sorry to the Muslims who are peaceful...but if they were truly reasonable and caring, I believe they would understand. If it had happened to them, they would feel the same way some of us do, and we have all the reasons in the world to be concerned about this.

If I were an innocent Muslim, I'd get rid of the garb and speak up against terrorists. There are groups in the U.S. that do that....remember they came here to escape the hatred and sickness of these extremists.

in answer to your question, yes, your right, there are a lot of people here I don't believe while there are others that never utter an unkind word, but post in defense of their beliefs using sensible words...

forgive me if you will, but I've grown defensive from the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies