Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 11:30 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Oh if that happened to a Dem, you'd be all over it. But since it's your boy, no one can laugh about it.
No, I wouldn't "be all over it". Sorry to disappoint you

Old 01-30-2018, 12:35 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Must have hired a DACA kid to do the proof reading.
Or any one of a number of C-D posters.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:40 AM

10,747 posts, read 4,342,219 times
There is nothing worse than a person who enjoys correcting the spelling mistakes of others.
Spelling is almost irrelevant in most cases, as its clear what the intended word is
Spelling enthusiasts are the worst people you'll ever meet.
And you can see by my posting history, I'm one of the best spellers in the world, so I'm not vengeful on this subject.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:39 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
There is nothing worse than a person who enjoys correcting the spelling mistakes of others.
Spelling is almost irrelevant in most cases, as its clear what the intended word is
Spelling enthusiasts are the worst people you'll ever meet.
And you can see by my posting history, I'm one of the best spellers in the world, so I'm not vengeful on this subject.
We all make spelling errors and it's usually due to being in a hurry and not checking.

My one pet peeve is I wish people would learn when to use the words Advice / Advise correctly. The rest I can overlook.

That's my advise.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Pure churlishness on the part of the left.

Cry about every little thing.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:35 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Pure churlishness on the part of the left.

Cry about every little thing.
And yet they whined for weeks about Obama's 57 states comment. Right-wing hypocrites.

As for the State of the Uniom, it'll be nothing but lies, stealing credit for Obama's economy, and more jingoist lunacy. Exactly what we can expect from Trump and what will fire up his rage-focused base while they dream of slights only they can perceive. They won't hold him accountable for decades of sleaze and crime, or even 1 whole year of failure, but they'll gladly believe that "this time" he'll be telling the truth. And that is how con artists work.

As for me, I could sit back with a cup of covfefe and watch the idiocy, but I'd rather not listen to an orange fraud and liar. I wonder if all my tax documents will arrive this week since some of us - unlike Trump - actually have to pay their taxes.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:39 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I notice that since Trump took office there are a lot more governmental typos being mocked in the media, though not sure if that's a sign of stupidity or carelessness.
When an egoistical loon like Trump with a horrible track record campaigns on how he alone is some sort of miracle worker who can fix "duh broken gubermint," it is only natural for stupid mistakes made by the self-appointed savior to be highlighted in a mocking fashion.

It's no different than playing an online game and listening to some idiot mouth off at his team the whole time about "how they all suck" - and then he's the first to die with a horrible score at the end. Trump's huge ego earned him this attention, not "angry Democrats" or some other lunacy.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:42 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
And yet they whined for weeks about Obama's 57 states comment. Right-wing hypocrites.

As for the State of the Uniom, it'll be nothing but lies, stealing credit for Obama's economy, and more jingoist lunacy. Exactly what we can expect from Trump and what will fire up his rage-focused base while they dream of slights only they can perceive. They won't hold him accountable for decades of sleaze and crime, or even 1 whole year of failure, but they'll gladly believe that "this time" he'll be telling the truth. And that is how con artists work.

As for me, I could sit back with a cup of covfefe and watch the idiocy, but I'd rather not listen to an orange fraud and liar. I wonder if all my tax documents will arrive this week since some of us - unlike Trump - actually have to pay their taxes.
You mean like the clean and well spoken lies that deluged us for eight years?

Doubt it.

Don’t like Trump, don’t watch, like I didn’t watch the clean and well spoken idiot for the last eight years.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:21 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

As for the State of the Uniom, it'll be nothing but lies, stealing credit for Obama's economy,

So, by this thought, will you give credit to bush for the first year of Obama?

I though not....

Old 01-30-2018, 06:41 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times
I do not think the political parties were responsible for printing the tickets. This is a function of the Sergeant at arms of the House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies