Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 03:55 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I was watching a morning report on the Today show or some such morning thing a few days ago and one high-profile field reporter like Jeff Rossen or similar is doing this report about flu mobiles going around giving shots. At the end he goes into the vehicle, smiles at the camera, rolls up his sleeve and says, "And just to demonstrate I take this flu seriously I am getting a shot too!" And I thought to myself, "Riiiiiight! He should have gotten it last October when the flu season started, but he held off getting it so he could do this report."

Probably told the nurse before the cameras started rolling, "Saline please."

She understood, I'm sure. "Deception is just fine if it serves a noble cause like fattening my paycheck."
Yep.

News is entertainment. Politics is entertainment. All of it is programming.

It's not true, not all of it. Smile and dance for the cameras, boys.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:30 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
If fear doesn't sell flu shots, use GUILT. Your flu shot is not just about YOU. Protect the vulnerable around like babies and the elderly, like ME?

Herd Immunity. 90% need to be vaccinated for Herd Immunity, IF the vaccination is 99% effective which the Flu Shot isn't. Maybe then 100% of the population needs flu shots for Herd Immunity? Good Luck.

I have never had a flu shot in all my 69 years. Haven't had the flu in decades. The Pro-Vaccinators excuse for that is that I am an Asymptomatic Carrier for the Flu. Ok, let's discuss that. If the vaccination is at best only 60% effective, how will me getting a flu shot protect others? I can still be vaccinated, catch the flu, and have NO SYMPTOMS whatsoever, breathing on people giving them the flu!!!!! Maybe you need to round up the entire population and flu test the entire country!!! Quarantine Camps!

Dumbing Down of America with people who will believe everything the "gods" tell them; be that medical professionals or politicians.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Not even that, food is reported too, at least for the docs.

https://www.cms.gov/regulations-and-...fact-sheet.pdf
I think they get away wiith the catered lunches, however, because the rep is just providing a meal while teaching the staff. Not the same as taking a doctor out for $200 dinner.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Again I feel it is the right decision for me. You don't believe in getting one. Its all good. Its not for me to tell you what you do. Seriously with no sarcasm involved please remain in good health!
I'm with you on this. To each his own.

I do think it's important to get such shots for children, the elderly, those with breathing conditions or a suppressed immune system.

I just have a distrust of Big Pharma, but anything that works for an individual, they should do.

Mostly, I was just yanking your badge, Officer.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:45 PM

242 posts, read 184,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
One of my best friends - a healthy, vibrant woman in her 30s - died alone in her apartment from the flu two weeks ago. We've since learned she didn't get her shot. People in her social circle who developed the flu at the same time all had their shot and were only out of commission for a week.

Get your damn flu shot. It may not prevent the flu this season, but it will lessen the severity and may prevent another person like me from finding their dear friend dead in her apartment.

How could you know this?

Old 01-30-2018, 05:50 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
There will always be the disbelievers but the vaccine will lesson the severity of the flu. At least think of those in your social circle. A lot of people including kids have died this season.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:37 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,101,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesickgirl View Post
How could you know this?
Use your imagination. Friends talk about things, including whether they got a flu shot.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:18 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
I used to be a conspiracy nut and I've completely done a 180. I don't swallow the anti-vaccine kool-aid. If I could I'd take a vaccine for every virus and bacteria in existence. They should try to take 100 different cold virus strains and put them into a single vaccine to give out. Reminds me of the anti-fluoride crowd. Fact is many well water sources have higher levels of fluoride in them than what they add to domestic water supplies. If you're that concerned about extra fluoride from water or bromide from a Mountain Dew or breads just take some extra iodine. It will out-compete for the same receptors in the body.

Personal experience tells me stress causes most illness. Stressing out over boogeymen like vaccines and fluoride included. Since I've gotten into personal development and worked on my stress levels most of my various illnesses have vanished. If you go out into public you will get a cold. My father brainwashed this idea into me that if you get a cold you're doing something wrong with your diet or lifestyle and it's just plan BS. If you are around an active cold virus you can catch a cold. Don't feel bad about it.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:33 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesickgirl View Post
How could you know this?
I dunno, the text to her sister in their last conversation noting she should have gotten the flu shot combined with a bunch of emojis was a big hint.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:14 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
One's chances of getting the flu in any given year range from 5% to 20%. If this year's flu vaccine is just 10% effective as we have been told, it barely even registers in terms of reducing one's risk of getting the flu.

We've heard news reports of people who have had the vaccine and died from the flu. We've heard news reports of people who did not have the vaccine who have died form the flu. We've heard news reports of people who died but the vaccine status was not disclosed. We've even heard news stores attributed to the flu but the flu tests were negative and the autopsy showed otherwise. These stories still pushed the vaccine. It does make one wonder.

Last edited by MissTerri; 01-31-2018 at 08:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies