Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 07:06 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Let's see the darn memos already. CNN and Fox News both need to shut the **** up about whatever their opinions are of the memos, because nobody at either network has seen them.

Oh wait, I forgot. Both networks will do and say anything to appeal to their bases for ratings.
It's good for ratings and the bottom line. Most viewers forget this and some are aware of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 07:44 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Welp!....(checks watch)....(tapping foot under desk)....one more day...

Old 01-31-2018, 07:54 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
I'm glad it's only 4 pages so you don't have to wade though all the minutiae.

Another thing: You can bet that were the memo been damaging to Trump it would have been leaked in a thousand places and you know who would have done it. I fully expect the Democrats 10 page rebuttal to be all over the usual venues as soon as the 4 pager is released.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:08 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Nunes is a snake.

That is all.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:37 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
And yet after reading the memo, there is no objections.

You're desperate, I understand, you should be, the memo is the beginning of the end of this Russian collusion conspircy.
Just exactly what part of "Rosenstein and Wray voiced their concerns personally to Kelly during a meeting at the White House on Monday ahead of the vote by the House intelligence committee" do you not understand?

Old 01-31-2018, 08:43 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Just exactly what part of "Rosenstein and Wray voiced their concerns personally to Kelly during a meeting at the White House on Monday ahead of the vote by the House intelligence committee" do you not understand?

doesn't matter to Trump lemmings. Those guys are part of the conspiracy anyway. All that matters is that they think their side is #Winning. They don't understand government norms so they don't care ot burn them down. They claim to love freedom yet want big strong Daddy to protect them from everything. They would rather believe an insane theory that the entire US intelligence apparatus along with the DOJ, the Democratic party, and previously praised Republican officials in the FBI are somehow in a grand conspiracy to overthrow the host of Celebrity Apprentice and replace him with...........Mike Pence....b/c that's their end game.
Just like Susan Rice, the "tapped phones", Seth Rich, Uranium One, etc. they move on from one wild unproven conspiracy theory that people used to laugh at to the next one, immediately forgetting that the previous one had no pay off, most likely b/c of Obama or RINOs or brown people...

Last edited by Metsfan53; 01-31-2018 at 08:55 AM..

Old 01-31-2018, 08:45 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did any of these come from unnamed sources?

LOL...of course not....
They sure have.

Your poor memory skills do not make your statement true.

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/u...-manafort.html

Read the story. The three advisers and two others with knowledge of it were not named, hence making them unnamed sources. And what they said was true.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:51 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
doesn't matter to Trump lemmings. Those guys are part of the conspiracy anyway. All that matters is that they think their side is #Winning. They don't understand government norms so they don't care ot burn them down. They claim to love freedom yet want big strong Daddy to protect them from everything. They would rather believe an insane theory that the entire US intelligence apparatus along with the DOJ, the Democratic party, and previously praised Republican officials in the FBI are somehow in a grand conspiracy to overthrow the host of Celebrity Apprentice and replace him with...........Mike Pence....b/c that's their end game.
Just like Susan Rice, the "tapped phones", Seth Rich, Uranium One, etc. they move on from one wild unproven conspiracy theory that people used to laugh at to the next one, immediately forgetting that the previous one had no pay off, most like b/c of Obama or RINOs or brown people...
Exactly. I predict this memo will come out, there will be a frenzy for a few days, but that will quickly fizzle out and die by the end of the month as people come to realize there's not much there.

I could be wrong (we can always be wrong), but that's just how I think this will play out.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:56 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Exactly. I predict this memo will come out, there will be a frenzy for a few days, but that will quickly fizzle out and die by the end of the month as people come to realize there's not much there.

I could be wrong (we can always be wrong), but that's just how I think this will play out.
Yup- it's why there's already articles out about Pau Ryan begging House members to stop calling the Memo the next Watergate, as it's being oversold and they risk a massive letdown.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:33 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
That is another unnamed source saying that.

There is no public statement objecting to the memo being released after Wray reviewed it.

Like I said, I understand the desperation from the dems, this is the beginning of the end of the Russian collusion story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies