Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 08:46 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,489,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
Interesting but I am not sure what this has to do with the original post. That may be your interpretation but He was simply saying he was extremely popular with the voting public, which turned out to be very true.

It has everything to do with the thread. What is the definition of a stooge? Gullible. Trump is saying that his supporters are so gullible that even if he shoots someone they will still find a reason to support him.

If you can not see the tragedy in that statement that is all on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,592,515 times
Don't be such a snowflake. Your crooked president call people names. Buck up!

Old 01-31-2018, 08:53 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,612 times
Obviously the censors would not allow him to say what he really felt, so he had to settle with 'stooges.'

I'm disappointed in Chris. You got to take a lesson from the one thing the President does well, and come up with far more catchy insults.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:53 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 19 days ago)

27,622 posts, read 16,104,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Don't be such a snowflake. Your crooked president call people names. Buck up!
I would agree with you on individual basis but tingles painted a whole group.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:56 PM

380 posts, read 163,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
It has everything to do with the thread. What is the definition of a stooge? Gullible. Trump is saying that his supporters are so gullible that even if he shoots someone they will still find a reason to support him.

If you can not see the tragedy in that statement that is all on you.
There is no tragedy in the statement. It was a figure of speech. That is your interpretation but not mine and many voters as shown by the election.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,444,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
I don't get why a person in the major news media can say something like this. I am very offended. Yes I voted for Donald Trump and I still support him, but I should not be called a stooge.

Why is Chris Matthews allowed to say such a thing. I always thought reporters from the news stations had to have professionalism in their reporting. Why does he put down me and others that still support Donald Trump?
I don't know if he did or not, seems rude. Is the Matthews guy a real newscaster or a performance artist like Hannity?

The fairness doctrine was killed off by Ronald Reagan, apparently on the advice of Roger Ailes when he was an advisor. That opened the door to a lot of things that don't seem right but are perfectly legal.

I wonder why so many people think Trump supporters are mislead and gullible? How do they get such an idea?

Old 01-31-2018, 08:59 PM

40,948 posts, read 49,138,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I would agree with you on individual basis but tingles painted a whole group.
"Deplorable" helped Hillary lose the election.

Hopefully Stooges catches on with Dems so they can do it again.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
There is no tragedy in the statement. It was a figure of speech. That is your interpretation but not mine and many voters as shown by the election.

Then make sure you use the same "figure of speech" exclusion for all pols. Such as when Hillary said basket of deplorables. I am sure you just laughed it off as a "figure of speech".

Be honest, Did you?

Old 01-31-2018, 09:09 PM

380 posts, read 163,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Then make sure you use the same "figure of speech" exclusion for all pols. Such as when Hillary said basket of deplorables. I am sure you just laughed it off as a "figure of speech".

Be honest, Did you?
Actually I'd never heard the word deplorables used as a figure of speech or heard it used to describe a group of people before.

Also most Trump voters already knew how she felt about them already but I knew it would draw in a bunch of undecided voters.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Actually I'd never heard the word deplorables used as a figure of speech or heard it used to describe a group of people before.

Also most Trump voters already knew how she felt about them already but I knew it would draw in a bunch of undecided voters.

What a dodge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies