Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 08:48 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,058,080 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why Nunes would switch the memo.

If all the Republicans say the memo is devastating, and will lead to people being fired, or being prosecuted, why would Nunes switch the memo?

This doesn't make sense that Nunes would switch the memo.

However, it makes perfect sense that Scfiff would lie to discredit the memo like he has been doing for two weeks now.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:52 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,464,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

If all the Republicans say the memo is devastating, and will lead to people being fired, or being prosecuted, why would Nunes switch the memo?

However, it makes perfect sense that Scfiff would lie to discredit the memo like he has been doing for two weeks now.

Easy. Deniability. Nunes gives WH a copy without unsubstantiated claims. Nunes releases a much more salacious version. When the discrepancies come up WH and Nunes claim a clerical error.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:01 PM

1,239 posts, read 506,329 times
Quote:

It'll make perfect sense when you realize that the memo is full of bs, written by a guy who is quickly making himself known as the dumbest liar in all of Washington.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Easy. Deniability. Nunes gives WH a copy without unsubstantiated claims. Nunes releases a much more salacious version. When the discrepancies come up WH and Nunes claim a clerical error.
I'll say it again,

Hundreds of people saw the memo, all the Republicans say its bad, why would Nunes switch the memo?

Old 01-31-2018, 09:02 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,871,472 times
Quote:
I'll say it again,

Hundreds of people saw the memo, all the Republicans say its bad, why would Nunes switch the memo?
I agree it would be very odd.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:09 PM

1,239 posts, read 506,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I'm going to put 2 possibities out there.

1. He realized something in it could be proven false without the need for classified information.

2. He added some extra crazy stuff that he didn't think would get through a vote.

Both obviously just silly theories as It's impossible to guess what a madman being led by a madder man will do.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yes, it is odd.

There is no way for any of us to know if a switch was made, but it makes no sense to switch it.

Schiff clearly doesn't want the memo released, he is saying it can't be released because this isn't the memo they voted to release.

It would appear this is a last ditch attempt to stop the release of the memo by Schiff.

This has been one crazy day.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,807,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep.

Last I heard, Nunes had given the memo to Wray, on Sunday, so that Wray could block out anything that was classified and shouldn't be released. What they probably have is the very same memo but with one or more things blocked out. schiff is making a mountain out of a nothingburger.
That is not what Schiff said. He said Nunes changed the memo.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:15 PM

15,480 posts, read 10,402,990 times
"Nunes sent the White House a different memo than the one voted on"

They don't know that, actually it's highly doubtful. Last I heard, the FBI had the White House make or omit a couple of things. That's probably the confusion, it will all come out.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:24 PM

17,026 posts, read 14,366,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Nunes sent the White House a different memo than the one voted on"

They don't know that, actually it's highly doubtful. Last I heard, the FBI had the White House make or omit a couple of things. That's probably the confusion, it will all come out.

Yep. That's what's being reported now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies