Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 10:11 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times

Advertisements

Trump character on SNL

“But guys this memo might be the greatest memo since the Declaration of Independence, I don’t know, I haven’t read either one of them,”

‘SNL’: Donald Trump Declares Nunes Memo ‘Greatest Ever’ — Watch – Hollywood Life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 10:21 PM

This news that Nunes may not have even written the memo is logical since everyone asks why was it released if all it does is prove the opposite of what Trump claims.

Nunes must be surprised.

I wonder if he is like Trump and doesn't read beyond the first page of a document.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:26 PM

There seems to be a background story about who really wrote this memo.

"Prior to writing his portion–believed to be the majority–of the controversial surveillance memo, Patel traveled to London in order to force a meeting with Steele.

Patel and another congressional staffer were apparently “dispatched” by Nunes to show up, unannounced, at Steele’s office building. And, that’s apparently what they did. "

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ar-and-failed/

Who paid for this trip to London and did they fly first class?

Old 02-03-2018, 11:06 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
This memo is bogus. Nunes was on Trumps transition team and should have been recused. This whole year has been a nightmare where Trump has gone after our intelligence agencies. If Trump supporters don't think he is hiding something to incriminate him then you guys are just in denial.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:18 PM

Rules? RULES?

I am Nunes an agent on the behalf my king. I don't have to follow any rules!

"Traditionally, a visit like Patel’s–that is, a House staffer being dispatched to corner an ex-spy and/or their attorney(s)–would be coordinated with the help of counsel and with the knowledge of House Democrats and the American Embassy."

Hmmmm not sure why the US Embassy and DNC were not informed that aides for Nunes we're meeting in London with Steele.

Wasn't he reclused?

Old 02-03-2018, 11:27 PM

18,012 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This memo is bogus. Nunes was on Trumps transition team and should have been recused. This whole year has been a nightmare where Trump has gone after our intelligence agencies. If Trump supporters don't think he is hiding something to incriminate him then you guys are just in denial.
The Memo is bogus.

You must be popping smack.

The Superbowl thread isn't one tenth the size. I'm not watching it either.

I'm gonna read and re-read the Memo over and over again until the stupid game is over.

What's the over and under on the kneeling? Don't answer that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Membo dumbos
This article does not corroborate the Steele dossier because it is derived from information leaked by Steele himself to Yahoo News. The Page FISA application incorrectly assesses that Steele did not directly provide information to Yahoo News. Steele has admitted in British court filings that he met with Yahoo News—and several other outlets—in September 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS. Perkins Coie was aware of Steele’s initial media contacts because they hosted at least one meeting in Washington D.C. in 2016 with Steele and Fusion GPS where this matter was discussed.
I will admit though, I'm already bored.

Well evidently, my cat is a Trump fan too.

Watching the SNL skit now because we used to watch this... Sometime before the whole Trump Presidency. Watching the Rexine skit where Natalie Portman had to "kiss some ass" for her paycheck. Harvey Weinstein probably wrote that skit.

I'm going back to FOX news. No, actually, Im gonna go listen to my stereo.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-03-2018 at 11:48 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 11:32 PM

Travel by Nunes aide Patel to London to interview Steele is not listed in Congressional data base.

Search Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives - Gift Travel Filings

Either Patel personally paid for trip, Nunes paid for it, or trip was not reported to the Clerk and paid by third party.

How odd.

Last edited by pbmaise; 02-03-2018 at 11:51 PM..

Old 02-03-2018, 11:44 PM

Another article on issue of odd trip by memo author.

Primary author of GOP memo tried to arrange Steele meeting outside official channels: report | TheHill

Old 02-03-2018, 11:44 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
There seems to be a background story about who really wrote this memo.

"Prior to writing his portion–believed to be the majority–of the controversial surveillance memo, Patel traveled to London in order to force a meeting with Steele.

Patel and another congressional staffer were apparently “dispatched” by Nunes to show up, unannounced, at Steele’s office building. And, that’s apparently what they did. "

Who paid for this trip to London and did they fly first class?

The trip is interesting as is the fact that Kash Patel brags about "bowling with the Don's"

"A senior official for the Republican majority on the Intelligence Committee, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the matter, said the purpose of the visit had been to make contact with Mr. Steele’s lawyers, not Mr. Steele. Still, the visit was highly unusual and appeared to violate protocol, because they were trying to meet with Mr. Steele outside official channels.

Ordinarily, such a visit would be coordinated through lawyers, conducted with knowledge of the House Democrats, who were not informed and the American Embassy.

In the months since, Mr. Patel has apparently forged connections at the White House. In November, he posted a series of photos to Facebook of him and several friends wearing matching shirts at the White House bowling alley. “The Dons hit the lanes at 1600 Pennsylvania,” Mr. Patel wrote under the photos."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/u...?smid=tw-share

Since so many people who have posted in this thread advocate transparency, maybe we should ask Nunes to enlighten us as to the details of this trip and how many times Kash has gone 'bowling with the Don's"

Old 02-03-2018, 11:49 PM

John Dean argues Nunes and Patel (memo author) should go to jail.

"Patel was issued a rare “order of ineptitude” from a federal judge in 2016.

“They both belong in jail for betraying national security with their scam,” he continued."

This is getting interesting.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/nix...onal-security/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies