Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 08:32 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Why is it the mass shootings never occur at places that are awash in firearms such as gun stores, shooting ranges, and gun shows? According to the logic of hoplophobes, firearms cause murder as if they're some kind of airborne contagion that transforms otherwise rational people into homicidal maniacs like a zombie plague. If this is the case, the morgues should be overflowing with bodies of people who regularly visit gun stores and gun ranges, what with all of the guns under one roof. Our guns laws are based upon the premise that guns cause people to commit homicide, and that homicide is directly correlated with the abundance of firearms. In practice, however, it seems the opposite is true.

Mass shootings do not occur at places with a high abundance of firearms sometimes or rarely, they never occur at places rife with guns. Mass shootings almost always occur at gun-free zones. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that not only do guns not cause mass shootings, but they in fact prevent them. If you were a homicidal maniac intent on killing as many people as possible, would you perpetrate a mass shooting at a place where you would be met with armed resistance and swiftly neutralized such as a gun store, or would you go to a government school where not only are would-be victims disarmed, but in the event of an armed intruder are forcibly imprisoned in a lockdown such that they can be swiftly and strategically slaughtered? Gun-free zones may as well put up a sign "Mass shooters welcome" since gun-free zones facilitate mass murder.
Agree.

The solution is to give everyone access to nuclear weapons. The government has no right to tell me what weapons I can and cannot have. The Founding Fathers didn’t put any restrictions on the second amendment, and neither should we.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 08:36 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not being a smart A here because I literally do not know....I've never been to a gun show and do not own a gun.

Do they have ammo at these shows?

Edit: wait, I do own guns in my Call of Duty and GTA games I play occasionally LOL.
Pallets of it!

Old 02-02-2018, 08:38 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Agree.

The solution is to give everyone access to nuclear weapons. The government has no right to tell me what weapons I can and cannot have. The Founding Fathers didn’t put any restrictions on the second amendment, and neither should we.

Only with proper training. And you must use your own reactor.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:06 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
The point being they claim the NRA to be some terrorist organization or are some great boogey man, when they've allowed many anti gun policies become law...
Kinda odd how for an organization that has compromised is some scary organization that endorses these mass shootings and school shootings, when as you point out they have quite the opposite agenda...

I find the whole "NRA" to be nothing more than hysterics from a bunch of uneducated simpletons that can only parrot anti gun rhetoric because that's what sounds good.

Exactly, but they have to have someone to point their fingers at.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:38 PM

50,286 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly, but they have to have someone to point their fingers at.
Some of these metro types were born in a mall and have never left. Anything related to firearms is strictly taboo to them as they've never touched one. To each their own, I'd hate that life.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:45 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
What?

Did the OP really just basically ask, "Why is it people who want to commit mass murder avoid people who could shoot back?"

Are we REALLY sinking that low when it comes to the level of reasoning and debate on this forum?

Look, I know this is a right-wing forum, where more guns is the supposed solution to every problem, but seriously... just stop. Trying to defend the gun-nut line of reasoning in this fashion is just insane, unless we're going to pretend the "solution to gun violence" is everyone with lots of guns, ready to shoot anyone suspicious. I shouldn't have to explain the problems with that one.

Seriously, just stop drooling over the thoughts of a wild west world where life is cheap and anyone can be a big man by shooting somebody else and take a look next time you're out driving on the road. Pay careful attention to the idiots. The people texting while driving, running red lights, tail-gating, etc. The people who's stupid carelessness damn near gets you killed. Now, understand THOSE are the people you think should have a gun - a device with the sole purpose of killing - with no real questions asked and certainly no restrictions based on their responsibility, maturity, or emotional state. Get real.

Old 02-03-2018, 02:50 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Really, then why do other countries who ban guns don't have the violence we have.
Good question! I think it's American culture, not JUST gun culture" but many aspects of American culture. Add to it the social Darwinism feature, lack of socio-economic mobility and boom!

Old 02-03-2018, 03:05 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,209,487 times
I can't remember any mass shootings taking place at used car dealerships, either. Or cosmetology colleges. Or comic book conventions. Or open pit copper mines.

What can we learn from this?,

At mass shooting incidents, what do they all have in common, every single one of them? The perpetrator had guns and ammo and the expertise to use them effectively.

What can we learn from that?

Last edited by cebuan; 02-03-2018 at 03:36 AM..

Old 02-03-2018, 04:44 AM

37,173 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL NRA boogey man again...
The same NRA that let asinine regulations come to be? That same NRA that allowed Hughes to slip through? NFA to exist? Etc. Etc.
One and the same. The one that pays to have gun legislation ignored.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:48 AM

37,173 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Thank you! I can see why this would be a very bad idea for a nut to attack a gun show.
Perfect place to attack. All of the guns are unloaded, and if they are like the ones here, there are big cable ties through the actions of the guns and the ammunition is packed away in its original boxes. It would take a minimum of thirty seconds to a minute to respond to a shooter. How many rounds is that from an AR...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies