Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wish Obama was still President?
Yes 237 41.65%
No 332 58.35%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 05:28 PM

27,548 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
BLM was initiated from the extremely abusive and murderous attitudes engendered on the part of so many rogue scumbag members of American law enforcement.
I support American law enforcement. I believe that this country is extremely lucky to have individuals who are willing to sacrifice so much to go after criminals and drug dealers and keep our neighborhoods safe from that element. The police are real American heroes just like our troops. We can never repay them.

Black Lives Matter was a misguided political movement.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:46 PM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I support American law enforcement. I believe that this country is extremely lucky to have individuals who are willing to sacrifice so much to go after criminals and drug dealers and keep our neighborhoods safe from that element. The police are real American heroes just like our troops. We can never repay them.

Black Lives Matter was a misguided political movement.
No.

Our country has a very long history of illegally brutalizing people of color. That especially goes for members of the black community. This has been going on for centuries. Very little has changed in terms of the prosecution and conviction of these murderous racist rogue scumbags who pose as policemen. We absolutely must do a better job at vetting truly honorable people to fill the ranks of American law enforcement. Enough with these extreme right-winged klan types bringing dishonor to American law enforcement.

When these Neo-Nazis types are allowed to subject others to racist ideologies by brutalizing minority communities, they significantly reduce the confidence level of the communities they're hired to protect. This abhorrent behavior then negatively impacts upon the efficiency of law enforcement.

It's essentially these Klan-types that give law enforcement a bad name and in effect, have created groups like BLM. Trust me on this one!
I know......

I too honor truly respectable members of law enforcement and hold them in high regard.

Last edited by zeliner; 02-09-2018 at 06:56 PM..

Old 02-09-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
No.

Our country has a very long history of illegally brutalizing people of color. That especially goes for members of the black community. This has been going on for centuries. Very little has changed in terms of the prosecution and conviction of these murderous racist rogue scumbags who pose as policemen. We absolutely must do a better job at vetting truly honorable people to fill the ranks of American law enforcement. Enough with these extreme right-winged klan types bringing dishonor to American law enforcement.

When these Neo-Nazis types are allowed to subject others to racist ideologies by brutalizing minority communities, they significantly reduce the confidence level of the communities they're hired to protect. This abhorrent behavior then negatively impacts upon the efficiency of law enforcement.

It's essentially these Klan-types that give law enforcement a bad name and in effect, have created groups like BLM. Trust me on this one!
I know......

I too honor truly respectable members of law enforcement and hold them in high regard.
I don't disagree with essentially what you're saying, except that neo-Nazi type people are an extremely small percentage of the American police force.

The vast majority of American police are honorable people. They put their lives on the line every day and many of them die in the line of duty. Yet, they get little in return for their heroism. I shudder to think what would happen to our communities and our country without the police.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
537 people voted in this poll?????
Holy crap, the bots came out of the woodwork. That has got to be an all time record for this forum.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
No.

I know......
Ironic how people who feel this way you do about our law enforcement ignore, some even support, the very highest of our law enforcement, the FBI, being used against their parties political opponents.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
So I would guess you're not too familiar with Brietbart, FOX news, Steve Bannon, Richard Spencer, or the current POTUS.

That's not to mention our current Congress!
I don't understand what any of that has to do with terrorism. Richard Spencer is a white supremacist, but not even he is a terrorist. In any case, he is as lunatic fringe as you can get.

Dylan Roof committed a heinous act of terrorism back in 2015, but practically all Americans agree that he was a sick sociopathic kid.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ironic how people who feel this way you do about our law enforcement ignore, some even support, the very highest of our law enforcement, the FBI, being used against their parties political opponents.
The FBI, as well as most other law enforcement agencies in general, work diligently to fight crime and all attempts to undermine and destabilize our government.

Whenever there's substantial proof that some abhorrent political group or person has some nefarious affiliation with a known adversarial country, at that point it becomes imperative that our country utilizes all tools of law enforcement to monitor, restrict, and eventually dislodge that perceived potential threat.

At this point there's very little doubt that Russia interfered with our election. This fact was suspected long before it was known....

Immediate surveillance was necessarily mandated.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
The FBI, as well as most other law enforcement agencies in general, work diligently to fight crime and all attempts to undermine and destabilize our government.

Whenever there's substantial proof that some abhorrent political group or person has some nefarious affiliation with a known adversarial country, at that point it becomes imperative that our country utilizes all tools of law enforcement to monitor, restrict, and eventually dislodge that perceived potential threat.

At this point there's very little doubt that Russia interfered with our election. This fact was suspected long before it was known....

Immediate surveillance was necessarily mandated .
"The 80's called and they want their foreign policy back."

The Obama WH knew, why didn't the Obama admin do anything about it. Seriously, anyone who doesn't understand that Russia always has and always will try to destabilize our gov't is naive. Yet our secretary of state had an unsecure server in a bathroom and got away with it. We can't allow our gov't to be careless but we did and some still defend it.

Last edited by petch751; 02-10-2018 at 12:26 AM..

Old 02-09-2018, 11:56 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,281,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
Wish he was never President to begin with.

He is a treasonous, traitor, divider and anti American who just got nailed for illegally spying on Americans which I believe he was doing many years ago.

I am hoping he get indicted very soon.

He nearly destroyed America as he planned to.
I second this.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't understand what any of that has to do with terrorism. Richard Spencer is a white supremacist, but not even he is a terrorist. In any case, he is as lunatic fringe as you can get.

Dylan Roof committed a heinous act of terrorism back in 2015, but practically all Americans agree that he was a sick sociopathic kid.
Neo-Nazis, the Klan, and most other like-minded groups are considered to be members of the far right. Most advocate white supremacy, racial segregation, and an unequal application of our rule of law. This fact would have to necessarily follow, if you fully understand the universal goals of most extreme right-wingers.

Richard Spencer and others of his ilk would not or rather, should not be assigned to serve on a jury in a Dylan Roof-type case, due to conflict of interest. That's only because their political philosophies are very closely aligned and subsequently pose a threat to our national security.

The Klan was once a very popular group existing primarily in the south. These days, there are many Klan-like splinter groups who are now gaining much notoriety due to our current administration. Strangely enough, something similar is occurring in Europe, as well.

IMHO, this is a very dangerous epoch in time. These groups present a very serious threat to our democratic civilization. I believe that the previous administration was aware of this threat and acted accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies