Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:18 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’m with you Mike, I believe healthcare should be non profit by constitutional amendment. There are 10,000 other ways to get rich in America, healthcare shouldn’t be one of them. But it’s just a fantasy in my head, will never happen..
It will happen if we fight for it. The ruling elite count on people being discouraged. Far higher obstacles have been overcome in the past by people willing to fight even though the personal consequences for themselves were severe.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:20 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’m with you Mike, I believe healthcare should be non profit by constitutional amendment. There are 10,000 other ways to get rich in America, healthcare shouldn’t be one of them. But it’s just a fantasy in my head, will never happen..

Agreed.

It's a fantasy in your head because it's a stupid idea that no one with common sense will agree to.

My employer provides me with fantastic insurance and I don't have to pay for it.

Why would I want ****ty insurance that I have to pay for and the waiting lists that come with a single-payer system?

Why are leftists so hell-bent on forcing the working poor to cover the expense of heath insurance for fat cat employers?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I have helped people fight this type of thing with their insurance. It’s a long and tough process but you can get results if you are in the right. The problem is that it costs you money up front, and you don’t alwsys get back the money you spent fighting.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:22 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
The US, could save $2-3 Trillion each year, by going to a Singlepayer system, with negotiation of drug pricing, similar to other OECD nations. And everybody would be covered for ANY conceivable illness.

And you wonder why the donors/lobbyist does not want to have this discussion.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:23 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
I got electricity going through my heart, from my left arm and out the right arm, 3 years back.

Called my doctor, 10 min later I took an EKG at his office, 30 min later I was at the ER for a full check up and spent the night in the heart ward.

Was checked in the morning, everything was OK. Walked down the stairs and said bye to the personal at the entrance and walked out.

Never seen a bill.

Thats healthcare in Norway.
Had a visit to the ER.

Never saw a bill.

I have Medicare and a supplemental BC/BS coverage policy. That's my healthcare in the USA.

Want universal health care? Go get you pay stub and a calculator. Subtract 25% of your take home pay ---- there's your new take home pay with universal healthcare.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
It will happen if we fight for it. The ruling elite count on people being discouraged. Far higher obstacles have been overcome in the past by people willing to fight even though the personal consequences for themselves were severe.

Most Americans get their insurance through their employer and are happy with that arrangement.

You want to create a system in which employers no longer provide heath insurance and ordinary working stiffs pick up the tap because you think that will stick it to the ruling elite?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
The US, could save $2-3 Trillion each year, by going to a Singlepayer system, with negotiation of drug pricing, similar to other OECD nations. And everybody would be covered for ANY conceivable illness.

And you wonder why the donors/lobbyist does not want to have this discussion.

My employer covers the cost of my insurance...why do I want single payer?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Agreed.

It's a fantasy in your head because it's a stupid idea that no one with common sense will agree to.

My employer provides me with fantastic insurance and I don't have to pay for it.

Why would I want ****ty insurance that I have to pay for and the waiting lists that come with a single-payer system?

Why are leftists so hell-bent on forcing the working poor to cover the expense of heath insurance for fat cat employers?
What are you talking about? Of course you pay for your health insurance. Your gross wage is simply reduced by your employer by the corresponding cost of the health insurance. And if you get sick and lose your job, you lose your health insurance. You have to rely on the government unless you want to pay out of pocket.

The working poor can never benefit from a privatized system of health insurance as the cost of health care will not be adjusted according to ability to pay, unlike a Medicare-for-all system. The billionaire fat cat and the poor elderly widow will be charged the same price for a health care service in a privatized system.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:34 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
Employe covered insurance is such a bad idea on SEVERAL levels..

Bad for the economy
Bad for the workers
Bad for the companies
Bad for the country

All facts.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Most Americans get their insurance through their employer and are happy with that arrangement.

You want to create a system in which employers no longer provide heath insurance and ordinary working stiffs pick up the tap because you think that will stick it to the ruling elite?
Employers want submissive employees chained to their job. Thats what health insurance through employer means. It gives employers immense power over the worker. The worker has a severely disabled child dependent on the parents' employer based health insurance? Well, the worker better stay long days in the office, as losing the insurance means pain and suffering for the child.

Instead of employers paying 15% of the wage in privatized health insurance as part of the compensation package, they can pay 10% in a Medicare payroll tax instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies