Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 06:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I would have agreed w/ this prior to the election, but I think Trump has governed well to the right (a pleasant surprise to me). We got Gorsuch on the court, who looks to be in the mold of Clarence Thomas (time will tell). We got Rex Tillerson proposing to cut the Dept of State by 30%. We got Betsy DeVos, a longtime school choice advocate, as Ed. Secretary. We didn't get progress on school choice like that that under Ronald Reagan!
I guess that's true, but it was what he promised mostly as I recall. And it's a matter of perspective how right-leaning these actions are. They're considered so today but my argument is that's because Democrats have shifted the window so far leftward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 06:49 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
You don't have to like either party. Establishment party is both Dem and GOP, it's only when the President is with one party that's when the issues are moving towards one side. When the Dems lost the house and senate, you can see that Obama had no choice but to side with the establishment GOP on a number of issues and go Executive order on his own.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:59 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
It’s almost as if you don’t know the guy you voted for is the king of name-calling.

It’s no wonder he was able to con so many of you.

Back during the Depression, hobos and con artists had a special, secret mark they put on the front gates of houses where suckers lived, who could be talked out of food and money. You'd think that some enterprising crook would compile the names of Trump voters on a sucker list and sell it to the modern-day counterparts of those con artists.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:34 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
This thread is good reading and right on point. We all need to be sure and vote in every election.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:34 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Back during the Depression, hobos and con artists had a special, secret mark they put on the front gates of houses where suckers lived, who could be talked out of food and money. You'd think that some enterprising crook would compile the names of Trump voters on a sucker list and sell it to the modern-day counterparts of those con artists.
Hahaha, right!

Hey suckers, I’ve got $1.50 for ya!

Old 02-04-2018, 08:11 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
You can put my name on that list; but your con artists will not go too far. I wasn't a big enough sucker to vote for Hillary!

Hillary never understood that; calling people names does not win voters. She made us proud to be deplorable! She made us proud to not vote for her and I still am! She made me proud that I am no longer a Democrat!

Old 02-04-2018, 08:29 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You can put my name on that list; but your con artists will not go too far. I wasn't a big enough sucker to vote for Hillary!

Hillary never understood that; calling people names does not win voters. She made us proud to be deplorable! She made us proud to not vote for her and I still am! She made me proud that I am no longer a Democrat!
The Democrat left still does not realize that calling people names, harrassing them, insulting them and trying to intimidate and bully them, does not make people want to vote for the people who act like this. This seems like it should be pretty obvious, but to millions among the Democrat left, it apparently is nothing of the sort.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Democrat left still does not realize that calling people names, harrassing them, insulting them and trying to intimidate and bully them, does not make people want to vote for the people who act like this. This seems like it should be pretty obvious, but to millions among the Democrat left, it apparently is nothing of the sort.
Yeah it's like they were showing favoritism to gays, illegals, potential immigrants and foreigners. Most American's don't fit those identities and even among the few that do, they don't all support favoritism.

On top of that Hillary was trying to shame everyone from voting for Trump by making a caricature of his supporters. But voters saw the camera footage and saw who the shameful and disgraceful really were.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:45 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
We try to help them and they refuse to see the light. It kind of reminds me of that stupid commercial on TV where they talk about people that love to bang their heads, sit in gum and walk into doors! You cannot win an election if you alienate half the voters before you ever present your campaign pledges. Actually I should not say they will never see the light, if they hit themselves in the head hard enough; there is always a chance!

Old 02-04-2018, 09:07 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
I never trusted either main party but changed my party based either on whim, fashion or to vote for a particular person. Most of the time I didn't vote at all.

I voted for Trump because he couldn't be pigeonholed and didn't owe anyone anything since he wasn't a career politician. However, I had no idea how truly corrupt the Dems were until I started paying attention to politics, thanks to Trump. I think that is true for most people, which is a good thing. Fewer will just passively swallow the pap spewed out by biased elite media. The worm has turned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies