Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 11:08 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Trump Is Probably the 'Most Dangerous' President, Schumer Says to Rally 2018 Midterm Democrats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjnA8AVzDcA

According to Schumer ""We are dealing with probably the most dangerous and worst man in the presidency we have ever had in the history of this nation" and ""I have will the sole power to determine what goes in the floor of the senate".

Glad, that we have a diplomatic and bi-partisan President Trump who doesn't see as an America First agenda as a partisan issue.

It is shockingly sad days after President Trump talked about bringing Republicans and Democrats together to Make America Great Again, that Schumer started with a divisive message that he was going to have the sole power to determine what goes on and then he calls a great President Trump "most dangerous and worst man in the presidency"
As a Republican I disagree with Schumer but we do need an opposing party as a check and balance on the power of either party, in this case, we need Democrats to do their duty for the nation.

To be honest, I doubt Schumer believes the words he says, he is just playing politics. He actually probably schmoozes with Trump on a regular friend to friend basis and those 2 men can work together which they'll need to do to get the infrastructure bills passed.

Again as a Republican, I think we can work with Schumer however, Pelosi is too extreme and dangerous to work with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 11:15 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
Trump needs to negotiate immigration, infrastructure, longer term budgets with the more centrist Democrat senators from the states he won. There are enough of them to bypass Schumer. It's almost laughable to think back when Obama and the Dems labeled the Republicans obstructionists during Obama's final 6 years when the Republicans, who held congress, actually negotiated several longer term budgets with the Obama administration. Even conceded domestic spending line items to Obama.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:46 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Trump needs to negotiate immigration, infrastructure, longer term budgets with the more centrist Democrat senators from the states he won. There are enough of them to bypass Schumer. It's almost laughable to think back when Obama and the Dems labeled the Republicans obstructionists during Obama's final 6 years when the Republicans, who held congress, actually negotiated several longer term budgets with the Obama administration. Even conceded domestic spending line items to Obama.
Its a very good point, not often referred to.
Republicans definitely did not have the sour grapes we're seeing from Democrats.
Republicans have proven to be very classy by comparison.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:51 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
It sure is nothing like the era of JFK and FDR, that is for sure. I wonder what they would think of the party today?
Well, in the case of JFK...his platform would be too far to the Right for even the Republicans.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:11 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Yeah Trump and Republicans need to work around Schumer. Schumer is a true believer in mass, globalized immigration, majority-minority and American dispossession.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:11 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
I know it's interesting to compare to the party even when Bill Clinton was in office, compared to today.

It sure is nothing like the era of JFK and FDR, that is for sure. I wonder what they would think of the party today?
Same with the GOP

I miss Reagan vs Oneil

Old 02-10-2018, 08:11 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Chucky "The Israeli" Schumer...as I like to call him, is a rabid Zionist who declared himself a warrior for Israel.

He isn't even a real American. Real Americans don't have dual nationalities and divided loyalties and spend so much time worrying about serving foreign interests. Real American politicians only care about the needs of their own fellow citizens...because that is what being a public servant is about - serving the citizens.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:17 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
The problem is you need 60 votes to pass anything in the Senate. McConnell sees a life with a Dem. majority and will not change the Senate rules.

So Schumer is correct.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:19 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Chucky "The Israeli" Schumer...as I like to call him, is a rabid Zionist who declared himself a warrior for Israel.

He isn't even a real American. Real Americans don't have dual nationalities and divided loyalties and spend so much time worrying about serving foreign interests. Real American politicians only care about the needs of their own fellow citizens...because that is what being a public servant is about - serving the citizens.
This is just blowing smoke in the wind. Just remember what Trump did to destroy our standing in every capitol except Tel Aviv.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
This is just blowing smoke in the wind. Just remember what Trump did to destroy our standing in every capitol except Tel Aviv.
He's not blowing smoke but pointing out a track record. And I don't think there should be only one acceptable white ethno-religious supremacist state while the rest are latin-Americanized via mass, globalized immigration and migration. Schumer needs to make Israel diverse first off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies