Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 11:48 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

There are a lot of ways to destroy another country without dropping bombs on them, and the Russians are probably the best skilled at those tactics than anyone else. They played with our election, they stoke the fires between gun lovers and those who want controls on some weapons, and they even infiltrate forums like this one to pit you against me. And from all indications, they are doing a Hell of a good job.

How many Russians do you know personally?

They "played" with our election? LMAO!.

Let me get this straight, if Russia didn't exist, we all be 1 united country politically and have "smart" gun control laws and everybody in this forum would agree in all the debates and topics and be as one, talk as one and think as one............stay away from the crack pipe dude.

You don't know the history of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 11:50 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
How many Russians do you personally know?

They "played" with our election? LMAO!.

Let me get this straight if Russia didn't exist, we all be 1 united country politically and have "smart" gun control laws and everybody in this forum would agree in all the debates and topics and be as one, talk as one and think as one............stay away from the crack pipe dude.
Unable to distinguish between "creating" division and exacerbating existing division? Well, that's a bit sad.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:50 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
I'm not of the Schiff is an idiot (like Nancy & Maxine) opinion. Dude is creepy, slimy and & kind of scary (& smart).

Like Gowdy is for the Republicans....Schiff is a damn Neidermeyer for the Dems. & for 3 years I've watched him on TV and i've never seen him blink.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:51 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Unable to distinguish between "creating" division and exacerbating existing division? Well, that's a bit sad.
And how did they "exacerbate existing division"?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Do I need to post it for you a third time?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:57 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post

actually, I know the difference and that has been the American media and our politicians in "exacerbating" existing divisions.

Russia doesn't control our media, news or entertainment industry which all have an agenda.

well, that is a bit sad that you don't know what is what and blame a foreign nation for our divisions because that is what you are told to believe without any evidence or common sense.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:58 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
It could really only take somebody with Adam Schiff's base levels of malice and ill will to try this one.

Taking politics out of it all for one moment, but does anybody else think Adam Schiff is epitome of of a dirty politician with an equally repulsive physical appearance : those beady eyes straining with madness and the infamous pencial neck & the oh too big shirt collar probably his wife bought for him as he liked the idea of wearing a bigger collar size to placate his frail and tormented ego.
I do.

First time I saw Schiff I thought for sure it was Central Casting who just sent over "evil Lawyer" or "evil Congressman".

He could play an attorney for the mob....or a slimy Prosecutor trying to put Mary Poppins away for life (for chim chim cherreeing without a permit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
actually, I know the difference and that has been the American media and our politicians in "exacerbating" existing divisions.

Russia doesn't control our media, news or entertainment industry which all have an agenda.

well, that is a bit sad that you don't know what it what and blame a foreign nation for our divisions because that is what you are told to believe without any evidence or sense.
Who is blaming our foreign nations for divisions? Not me. I think maybe you need to go back and re-read this thread to understand Schiff's claim.

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
What, "social media"? LOL!

Old 02-06-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
What, "social media"? LOL!
So your position is that the US should not take steps to ensure Russian bots are not promoting certain propaganda or focusing the electorate on certain issues to affect our elections?

There was just something on this on PBS yesterday. If you don't think its an issue that should be addressed in any way, you can just say that and be done with the conversation. Apparently, the issue was serious enough in the eyes of Congress and our security apparatchiks to launch several investigations into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies