Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 02:46 PM

272 posts, read 218,001 times

Advertisements

Daddy-Daughter Dance Rescheduled Due To NYC’s Gender-Neutral Policy « CBS New York

Quote:
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Officials opted to postpone the father-daughter dance at a school in Staten Island because it excludes other genders, claiming city policies forced them to scrap the tradition.

Some parents say being politically correct has gone too far. As for the disappointed girls at PS 65, they say they’ve been getting ready for the dance for months.

“I’ve got my shoes, I got my dress,” one student said.

“It’s really fun! I go with my dad, I see my friends,” Victoria Cugini said.

This year’s dance was supposed to be on Friday, right before Valentine’s Day, but the school’s principal directed the Parent-Teacher Association to reschedule it because of the Department of Education’s gender-neutral policy. It was originally put in place a year ago and requires school events to include all types of students and families.
Ugh, will this **** ever end? Democrats and Liberals are just ruining everything. Ridiculous.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:02 PM

693 posts, read 357,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Daddy-Daughter Dance Rescheduled Due To NYC’s Gender-Neutral Policy « CBS New York

Ugh, will this **** ever end? Democrats and Liberals are just ruining everything. Ridiculous.
Hmmmmm, this decision seems odd. There are tons of public schools in NY, yet the officials in this one school decided to go this route?

Let me say this, there is no "liberal" or "democrat" law in NY that bans daddy/daughter dances, nor pushes for this.

This is sensationalism. You get one school that does something stupid, and then others want to make villains out of an entire group.

It's like saying.....
"Ugh, will this **** ever end? Republican, conservatives and christians are just ruining everything. Ridiculous."
'To Kill a Mockingbird' Banned at Mississippi School | Time

https://education.good.is/articles/h...orship-schools

Old 02-06-2018, 04:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
They should have gone ahead with it and changed the name to The Guess Who-Guess Who Dance.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:17 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Gender neutral? Kind of surprises me that the issue wasn't that some girls had no idea who and/or where their "daddy" was, so no one would be able to celebrate!

It is sad that a few want to destroy traditions like this in order to make a statement.

I wonder if boys and girls both attend the talk on menstruation now, so no one is left out, and of course the fathers and mothers both expected to attend that.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:19 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Yet another reason to send your children to private schools.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:26 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post

What is so silly about this is that many schools who have a Daddy-daughter dance also have a Mother-Son field day/sporting event later in the spring.

What about Daddy Donut breakfast at school?
What about Mothers for lunch at school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies