Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 09:54 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I meant people seem to be so against this parade because Trump wants it bigly, but they bring up homeless vets deserving money as a reason to hate the parade? Clearly they just don't want this because Trump does want it.

It isn't double speak- a lot of people would attend a big military parade like that, it is interesting to see that stuff rolling along, that the public would otherwise never get to see. The parade isn't for Trump to see privately.
Nope. I would not want it no matter WHO asked for it.

If he brought home all of our troops tomorrow and it was a parade to celebrate their return, I'd be fine with it, though.

There are times when a parade like this is appropriate. Just to flex our muscles and make him feel like a big man? No. I do not support that waste of money and time.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:54 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
As a veteran, I'm the exact opposite. I always view the military with pride, but the idea of showing it off is just silly. I've done my fair share of retirements, new commands, etc. and generally, they are a complete pain in the ass. They take away the troops from their day to day job, force them to work longer hours, and is a colossal waste of money and resources.
I find parades generally a colossal waste of money, but my family digs on them, and why not goof off outside on a sunny day? So I go, and I can tell you, having been to many 4th of July and Memorial Day parades on Constitution Ave...people cheer like crazy for all the military stuff.

Hell, my favorite memorial in that town, The Lone Sailor, is off the beaten path and kinda tiny, but is one of the few that doesn't glorify a politician, rich person, or officer. Most of that town honors a dead politician or rich guy, and I find the entire theory of venerating politicians to be kind of repellent. But, people dig on seeing the coolness go down Constitution Ave, and Trump isn't the first one to want bigger, brighter plumage on the floats.

My point is that Trump is not being unique here, he's just uniquely despised so a new narrative is evolving that in the history of parades, he'll be the first to flaunt the military. It's bunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 09:55 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I don't think he has a lot of comparison to Hitler, Trump is a wanna be dictator of a different flavor. He is more like a Mafia thug, but that's beside the point.

Where did you hear the part about attendance being required? A little skeptical of this claim without some sources. But then again - with Trump nothing would really surprise me at this point.
As I said, I heard this 4th hand telling this morning. That is why I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
If you need it explained, you shouldnt be telling me to watch the History Channel. But we can start with the fact that Trump hasn't exterminated millions of lives. But I'll end here because its obvious troll bait.
Sounds like Trump would not have a problem with doing that is he could. I was asking a serious question, Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No one is going to take you seriously, it's just more TDS.
What is TDS? Sounds contagious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Found a reasonable source.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...ade-1517975085

interpret it for yourself.

I see it as more of an ego feed than a threat. Just more signs he is imbalanced but I dont believe the Hitler comparisons.
THANK YOU!! Now I can see how the rumor got started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Go ahead make light of the holocaust with the Hitler crap.

Its the best the left can offer when they have no policy.
Are you talking to me? Where did I make light of the Holocaust? I had an old man Holocaust Survivor as a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It was ignored because it was a troll post. Just like your OP.
Chuck you. I am not a troll. I asked the question in all sincerity. Just because it does not meet with your standards.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Okay -- the forced attendance -- that's just crazy talk -- lol.

I think folks didn't respond in the other thread because whether or not you support a parade the whole notion of mandatory attendance seems ridiculous.
I agree. Would anyone support mandatory attendance?? I sure don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, as others have said, there is your problem. What is wrong with comparing Trump to Hitler? If you had the slightest bite of education about Hitler, you would know without asking. I actually knew someone who remembered the naked dead bodies stacked in the streets and also studied World History in high school.

I often wonder why the Jewish people want to keep the Holocaust front and center, I suspect this is one reason why, the ignorance of people who would compare Hitler to all but a handful of people in the history of the world.

It is hard to combat the parroting of liberal media by those who choose to remain ignorant.

Yes, that should definitely bring them victory in 2020, NOT!

And, for the OP's entertainment, "43 People (and 1 Cat) Who Have Been Compared To Hitler": https://www.ideagrove.com/blog/44-pe...ared-to-hitler

Also, for those that think comparing Trump to Hitler is an original idea ^^^.
WTH are you talking about? I do know "a bite" about how Hitler came to power. Who doesn't?

Like I said I had a survivor as a friend. You needn't tell me about the horrors of concentration camps. I did term paper in 11th grade in WORLD HISTORY on concentration camps and received a "A" too.

WHY do the Jews want and try to keep the Holocaust in people's minds??? TRYINGTO PREVENT ANOTHER ONE!!!! That is a no-brainer.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:58 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
I don't have a problem with a parade but to save costs, it should be a scaled down version using miniature jeeps, tanks and small children dressed up as troops. The Dotard and his cult wouldn't be able to tell the difference if viewing from a distance.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:00 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,644,836 times
It fits his personality for sure!

Old 02-07-2018, 10:01 AM

23,964 posts, read 15,059,733 times
He can let the troops pass in review, have a couple of bands.

Heck, the AF even has a little Blue grass band. Let's hear all the music.

Leave the tanks on the base.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:04 AM

8,478 posts, read 6,875,465 times
Ok. But will the bone spur cadets be represented? Just asking.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,519,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
My apologies to those I replied to saying it was fake news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Apology accepted. Now, about you voting for him November ‘16 ...
LOL that is a good one

As of now, I will be voting for him again if he runs again.

I believe we disagree there.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:06 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
But what Trump is proposing sounds like a random, unnecessary glorification of HIM. He's no supporter of the military. He called the military a disaster when he was running. And he obviously has no history of military service. Trump is a showman and loves a spectacle. IMO, that's all this notion of a military parade is to him. He wants to stand on a parade platform and nod as military personnel pass by and salute him. It seems like a gross waste of money and resources.
He salutes them. At his inauguration he saluted the military people in the parade.

I have never been in the military either but I have greatest respect for those who have served.

Trump can be cringey on a lot of things but I do think he actually respects the military and veterans.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:07 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Washington Post again! LOL You people will believe anything. SMH Washington Post lies. They make things up.
Yeah, completely fabricated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies