Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

How do you think religious charities get their money? It's from the fed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 04:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
I am saying this as a supporter of keeping troops in Iraq until the job is finished.

The protests were weak. I live in DC and the protest forced me to spend a whole 10 extra minutes getting home. Their "mock waterboarding" should be turned into a skit for Saturday Night Live. If so much of the country is against the war, why were they only able to get 1000 protestors out there? They couldn't get a single government office or business shut down. What kind of civil disobedience is that?

On the IRS, let's get real. They also collect taxes for everything the government provides. Want us to pull out of schools, welfare, and policing too?
You do realise I could probably get 1,000 protesters outside protesting the existance of you on this website. Yes, thats a huge number of people protesting the war!!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You do realise I could probably get 1,000 protesters outside protesting the existance of you on this website. Yes, thats a huge number of people protesting the war!!
You might even get some classy folks like these, who disrupted Easter mass in Chicago...

Iraq war protesters disrupt Chicago Mass - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Old 03-24-2008, 06:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
So how was the protest. Did you bang some pots and pans or what?

Why would I waste my time trying to convince some pig-headed, tunnel-visioned ideologues there are actually other ideas in the world besides theirs?

Did YOU enjoy it? Did you bring some pots and pans or just flap your yap?

Old 03-24-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You might even get some classy folks like these, who disrupted Easter mass in Chicago...

Iraq war protesters disrupt Chicago Mass - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Do you think we'll get 'classy' folks making cheesey, baseless comments like: "Ah, but they never miss a chance to gloat over death." or would that be reserved for those 'classy' folks on the other side ofthe aisle?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you think we'll get 'classy' folks making cheesey, baseless comments like: "Ah, but they never miss a chance to gloat over death." or would that be reserved for those 'classy' folks on the other side ofthe aisle?
I have no idea what motivates you to defend these despicable lowlifes who invaded a church on Easter and disrupted the services, or what that has to do with comments posted on a Forum.

Westboro Baptist much?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what motivates you to defend these despicable lowlifes who invaded a church on Easter and disrupted the services, or what that has to do with comments posted on a Forum.

Westboro Baptist much?

You might have a point if the comment was made in that context but it wasn't. As it was made it came off as nothing more than if you don't agree with me you're a POS, not too 'classy' but that's just IMO.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
You might have a point if the comment was made in that context but it wasn't. As it was made it came off as nothing more than if you don't agree with me you're a POS, not too 'classy' but that's just IMO.
Your IMO appeared to be little more than calling anyone a POS except the real POS who invaded that church on Easter Sunday -- which was the point of my post.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Your IMO appeared to be little more than calling anyone a POS except the real POS who invaded that church on Easter Sunday -- which was the point of my post.

So you made the comment about an Easter Sunday attack on a church?

I have 2 observations:

I see no prior mention of a church attack in that thread, we would know the comment was about this because?

You claim it was an Easter Sunday attack, you made the comment on Good Friday.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
So you made the comment about an Easter Sunday attack on a church?

I have 2 observations:

I see no prior mention of a church attack in that thread, we would know the comment was about this because?

You claim it was an Easter Sunday attack, you made the comment on Good Friday.
You're mistaken. See post #13 and follow the link. I posted it today.

Or follow this one: War protesters disrupt mass at Holy Name Cathedral -- Demonstration, Holy Name Cathedral, Francis George -- chicagotribune.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies