Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 11:38 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Because they can't control him which is the reason the Democrats hate him. You liberals have such awful ways of expressing yourselves. I avoid low class people like you so carry on your trash talk. You are incapable of doing anything else.
I missed your addendum in my first response.
I thought the question is a fair one for both right leaning and left leaning individuals.

Why is it that Trump can inspire so much devotion in a core of America and so much loathing in a sizeable percentage of the nation?

What is the glue that holds his power base together? What is the reason so many Americans are repelled by his actions and his governing abilities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 11:59 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,142 times
Trump's political style - ROCKS!

I like that he can't be bought, among other things.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:12 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Refreshing if you want to become a third world country. Or maybe it's refreshing that we have a dictator in office. Why does anyone in this country want to be off balance. What a weird thing to say.
I'm neither a Trump supporter nor voter, but I can still hear the world's saddest song being played on the world's smallest violin in the background while reading the bolded.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:17 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Policy wise he's basically the same as Reagan and Bill Clinton but the difference is in combating current PC culture. I've never seen anything like it he never bothers to even attempt to play defense. He's always on offense. As most conservative politicians spend the majority of their time playing defense against the Media and entertainment Trump just immediately goes on offense against them. Take the Porter situation for example; he could have played defense saying "well i wasn't aware, the background check never came back" nope he says "You people are ruining innocent men's lives based on accusations". Go back to the miss piggy/P*ssy tape thing he could have said "I am so sorry, I respect women" nope he brings in Bill's accusers for a press conference. I can not name one instance in which he has been on the defensive for the past 3 years, he takes negatives doesnt deny doubles down and accuses the accusers of even worse and typically wins. It's pretty remarkable.
The issue I have is it's not his job to 'combat PC culture.' It's not his job to play 'offense' or 'defense' against the media or anyone else.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
But he has no backbone because of his ego. It's all about him. When have we ever had a president put himself first before our country. This is what Trump is doing. All presidents are criticized but they brush it off because it's part of the job. Plus they have more important things to do. That is what having a backbone is all about.
Obama wasn't brushing anything off when, speaking to a crowd, he said that he would take it as a personal insult to his legacy if they (the people listening) didn't vote for Hillary.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:19 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
In other words, you're saying he's the consummate ass hole and really good at it.
Well, I'd say drama king, but yours is good too.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:25 AM

Quote:
So enlighten me with your truth then. We were never even close to being third world county so don't blame it on Trump for saving us from that. He is taking us down though.
Then why did you bring up 'third world country' in this thread?

No one else introduced 'third world country' into this thread, YOU did...in the third post to the thread.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I don't want a bully president. I want a president who is admired by the world and our country. I want a president who is looked up to. This is what makes our country great and other countries admire us. No other country admires Trump
No, you want a president who kowtows to those who do the bidding re what you want done, and ingore what you want ignored.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Well for one thing I read the news every day. I live in the DC area, my son is in politics and is on the hill several times a week with meetings. And what do you think my pay grade is since you mentioned that.
The part of your response that I bolded, and NCN's post that you were replying to indicate that NCN has a good working grasp of what that phrase really means, and you don't.....which is pretty sad considering that she lives in a non large metro location in the Carolinas, and you live in the DC Metro with a son in politics.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
A lot higher than hers. My guess is you've probably actually traveled internationally too. And read or watch an occasional international news program and not just Fox news, right?
You haven't read very many of her posts if you think that IF she has, that that potential travel has had any appreciable affect on her perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies