Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2018, 04:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

What they should be fed is the same stuff hospitals use to feed comatose and vegetative state patients. All the nutrients you need in a can. Don’t deliver it to the bums. Give them cards good for that good only. Every grocery store will soon be stocking it.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
It's all BS. Giving tax breaks to the wealthy while squeezing the poor is beyond absurd. It's downright cruel.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Then make it so soda is not able to be purchased with food stamps.

I don't really see how boxes to be delivered to people is a better solution than just allowing only certain types of food to be bought with them.

Seems much simpler, and far more cost-effective.
All sorts of things could be made ineligible for purchase with SNAP.

Big Sugar and Big Grocer lobby Congress Critters.

Back when Congress would not allow Obama to continue temporary increased SNAP benefits, the world was going to end. Walmart went so far as changing their earnings forecasts and put alarm bells in their annual report.

But you know, so long as politicians and the media that feed off them continue to portray everything as partisan, no one pays much attention to the details.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
I never said it can't happen. Just that it is an extreme example.
I'm not arguing the frequency. I'm arguing the logic. And it can't be refuted.

Refuse to pay your taxes and you will be first sent a reminder. That turns into a fine. The fine, if left unpaid, turns into wage garnishment. If you don't have wages or won't show a means to pay the fine (either by choice or actual hardship) a warrant will be issued for your arrest. If you don't turn yourself in the State may send armed agents to your place of residence to apprehend you to place you in a cage. If you resist this immoral and illogical act (because it's kidnapping) they may use force, perhaps deadly, to subdue you.

It's that simple.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
So the solution is for the government to get into the business of food delivery?
The solution for the government is to completely go out of business.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:33 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not arguing the frequency. I'm arguing the logic. And it can't be refuted.

Refuse to pay your taxes and you will be first sent a reminder. That turns into a fine. The fine, if left unpaid, turns into wage garnishment. If you don't have wages or won't show a means to pay the fine (either by choice or actual hardship) a warrant will be issued for your arrest. If you don't turn yourself in the State may send armed agents to your place of residence to apprehend you to place you in a cage. If you resist this immoral and illogical act (because it's kidnapping) they may use force, perhaps deadly, to subdue you.

It's that simple.
I have not been disagreeing with you that it can't happen. Just that it is rare.

And we are not alone in the world. As I asked earlier, is there a country that does not collect taxes?

Old 02-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's all BS. Giving tax breaks to the wealthy while squeezing the poor is beyond absurd. It's downright cruel.
The solution is to steal from no one and redistribute to no one.

Correct?

Old 02-12-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I have not been disagreeing with you that it can't happen. Just that it is rare.

And we are not alone in the world. As I asked earlier, is there a country that does not collect taxes?
Not that I know of all. Rose was specifically busted for not paying federal income taxes. There are some countries that don't collect federal income taxes but tax in other places.

All States commit armed robbery over the people that reside within their claimed borders.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:37 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I guess the 'meat, poultry or fish' will have to be the canned type.
Interesting idea. I am open to new ideas.

One of the issues I have with illegal immigrants "working jobs Americans refuse to work" is that we have such a high number of non-producers that are receiving benefits. Those receiving benefits should not have the luxury of refusing work. However, in many cases those receiving benefits are poorly educated, low skilled workers that cannot afford to work a minimum wage due to the cost of daycare, therefore they cannot work themselves out of their situation. It's an unfortunate trap.

Food packages "could" be an excellent idea, but there needs to be a comprehensive solution that integrates funds for daycare and education.

America needs to adopt a "helping hand not a hand out" mentality. But it needs to be a genuine effort to help someone grow, not an effort to grow a voting block.

Last edited by Mad_Jasper; 02-12-2018 at 05:03 PM..

Old 02-12-2018, 04:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not true. You'd be surprised at what food is delivered by mail these days. I got a frozen food delivery last week. Don't they advertise Omaha steaks on TV?
Um, OK. You seriously think that the fed gov is going to provide high-quality meat to people who need help paying for groceries? I'm pretty sure that if you searched this board, you'd find people being outraged because they saw someone buying steak with their SNAP benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies