Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:53 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The killer apparently trained with a white supremacist group and wore MAGA hats.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nikola...up-leader-says
I see the lunacy of this thread and raise it a link of separate lunacy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 10:54 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Glad libs plan to use gun grabbing as a campaign issue after it has proven to be a failure. And like how they are blaming Trump more than the shooter.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:54 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Usually how it goes when the killer isn’t black or Muslim.

After mental illness, it must be a false flag.

Clockwork.
Of course, because now that we know the killer-thug was adopted and probably not Hispanic, he's now a fragile white kid.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:55 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Multiple shooters now being reported as more students are questioned.
One girl said she heard shots in several locations and when she saw one shooter, it was not Nick Cruz.
Where is that being reported? Alex Jones?

Certainly she has lots of experience, and can tell echos from fire, and isn't distracted by the events going on around her.

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Not a bad speech - that is if your threshold is just listing platitudes and other empty statements. Most of us who live in reality want more than that from our "leaders."
It would be unwise and phony if he announced a strategy or action that cannot definitively be carried out.
As he said-
It is not enough to simply take actions that make us FEEL like we are making a difference; we must actually MAKE that difference.

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Why don't you tell that to one of the parents at the funeral of his son or daughter.
Typical emotive and irrational non sequitur. Can't have a 50% reduction in the gun homicide rate or a 76% reduction in nonfatal violent gun crimes rate because a nutjob killed 17 people in a gun free zone.

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
100% of Illegal immigrants are criminals. What part of "illegal" do you not understand?

They say perception is reality. I was trained to understand that someones perception is "their reality". "If you need a kaleidoscope to see out your butt, your perception needs an adjustment".
quote by "Me"

My heart aches for the families and the kids who suffered through this. Very preventable tragedy. If schools were secured like work sites this would not happen. Badged entry and metal detectors. Spend the cash and save some kids. The technology is there. Failing to implement it is like saying "we cant afford to protect your kid"

Using this as a reason to go after gun owners is ridiculous.
All children have a right to a public education.

Do they all have a right to safe schools?

Who pays for it, District, State, Fed, is the hot potato.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:56 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
please stop lying?

I know you're not trying to but your tearing the social fabric of this country apart. We are not Europe, guns are embedded into our constitution, we are a low density country where people use guns for a living and are free to buy them when and however they want.

If I want to into the woods in Utah and have fun with target practice on a tree or go hunting I can, if I want to protect myself, I can.

If guns were allowed on the school this wouldn't have happened, it's the gun-free zones that cause, if Cruz (the shooter) wanted to getting a gun of the black market would be the easiest thing ever. We already of tough gun laws and guess what? the state with the fewest regulations (New Hampshire) also has a lower homicide rate, and guess what that is a fact.

I don't care what CNN tells you that is a fact.

90% of gun related deaths happen due to handguns, statistically the total deaths that happened here are less than a fraction of a percent of the total murder rate.

If you want to stop gun violence then stop crimes, don't outlaw the guns. That thinking didn't work in the drug war or prohibition.

THESE are the facts, please listen and don't fall for those laws the MSM tells (told by a bunch of rich hypocritical new yorkers who have never seen violence ONCE in their lives).
Strange that I couldn't find anything in your idiotic rant that disputes anything that I posted. If you are going to call me a liar you better be able to back it up. You are a moron.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:57 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Um .. this school is in SoFL.

80-90 degrees every day.

She is wearing a TURTLENECK SWEATER.
She's just hiding the hickeys!

Old 02-15-2018, 10:57 AM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Glad libs plan to use gun grabbing as a campaign issue after it has proven to be a failure. And like how they are blaming Trump more than the shooter.
Those NBC tools in the video were disgusting, creating as many problems as possible with the speech.
The media calls Trump divisive, but its often the media that create phony controversies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies