Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 04:24 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You always have options and choices regarding your health care, whether that's to take medication for a diagnosed condition or forgo treatment completely. Also, please stop throwing out your longevity as evidence that drugs are evil. They are not. They are a tool for controlling disease, one that you retain the power to consume or not, as the case may be.
Good nutrition and alternatives are important prevention to not have to go to the drugs.

Drugs can and do save lives, but Prevention, it's up to us.

I love to hear stories about people's good health, but some can't stand to hear them. ummm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 04:24 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Yes but in the US it happens EVERY year - sometimes 2X a year.
I haven't seen any number that I trust. The Bloomberg number of 18 so far this year includes a lot of non-injury firearm incidents. Suicide is still the worst of the count, especially since many shooters go to hell by their own hand.
I have no answer other than the personally observed rush to irrational behavior by young males. You can't fix that even if you close all the guns stores and take all 300 million guns away from the public by force. Most males just try to do a double backflip into a shallow pond, or whatever. A dozen or so head out to kill as many as possible.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:26 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Why do people need medication for mental conditions in the first place? - it doesn't seem like other mammals have a great range of mental conditions that can be a danger to themselves or others.

Maybe folks just need to chill a bit more, and keep their diet/ eating habits simple.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:27 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
The Bloomberg number of 18 so far this year includes a lot of non-injury firearm incidents.
The 18 number is wildly high and inaccurate. But how many school shootings is too many? 5? 2? 1?

Old 02-16-2018, 04:29 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Good nutrition and alternatives are important prevention to not have to go to the drugs.

Drugs can and do save lives, but Prevention, it's up to us.

I love to hear stories about people's good health, but some can't stand to hear them. ummm
My condition is the result of a quirk in my antigens and based in genetics. There is nothing specific I could have done to prevent it. No test to tell me that I would develop it. Exercising and eating clean are great for general health, and everyone would be wise to do so, but some conditions do warrant more than herbal remedies, and we should all be grateful for the hard work that went into making medicines available to those who need them. I know I am!

Old 02-16-2018, 04:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Why do people need medication for mental conditions in the first place? - it doesn't seem like other mammals have a great range of mental conditions that can be a danger to themselves or others.

Maybe folks just need to chill a bit more, and keep their diet/ eating habits simple.
Why? Because of brain chemistry. It is science and rather complicated to explain if you have not actually studied it or researched it at the very least. People's brains and bodies are very different from animals or animals would be running some companies.

Medicine works.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:45 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Why? Because of brain chemistry. It is science and rather complicated to explain if you have not actually studied it or researched it at the very least. People's brains and bodies are very different from animals or animals would be running some companies.

Medicine works.
Who says medicine doesn't work?

Who says animals are fundamentally different from humans - animals can display much the same types of behaviour, if placed in high stress/ unnatural situations.

There is nothing to show that running companies inherently makes folks need medication for mental conditions - possibly the opposite is true.

So why do people need medication in the first place? -is it just luck of the draw brain chemistry, or something else?

Old 02-16-2018, 04:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I haven't seen any number that I trust. The Bloomberg number of 18 so far this year includes a lot of non-injury firearm incidents. Suicide is still the worst of the count, especially since many shooters go to hell by their own hand.
I have no answer other than the personally observed rush to irrational behavior by young males. You can't fix that even if you close all the guns stores and take all 300 million guns away from the public by force. Most males just try to do a double backflip into a shallow pond, or whatever. A dozen or so head out to kill as many as possible.
I was waiting for someone to call B.S. on the "18 school shootings this year" FAKE NEWS story. This FAKE NEWS story was repeated a couple of times here and other places on C-D and sadly picked up and screamed out over much of MSM and the nut news MSNBC/CNN by the likes of Brian Williams and Don Lemon.

I'm still waiting for a correction on any MSM channel. Bet it's going to be a LONNNNNG wait...

Old 02-16-2018, 04:59 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Where are the FACTS the shooter took drugs?

Old 02-16-2018, 04:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
What drugs was this kid on?

you all seem to know I can't seem to find....having google issues I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies