Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 12:38 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You get it. So now we have these irrational young people leading a movement that quite possibly will change things... Change is good as long is it based on facts and will have positive results. Change is bad when it's based on emotion.
Yeah, I would get pretty emotional when I see fellow classmates massacred, and when politicians kowtow to the likes of the NRA rather than actually restricting access to the most common use firearm in these mass shootings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 12:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
To me it is mind boggling to see on TV the shooting survivors dressed in the same color as the shooter!

Are they honoring the shooter and now blaming America for the failure of mental health care, FBI not following up and putting the shooter on a pedestal?

I'm lost for words. I feel so sorry for the departments that should have acted up and people should be fired!
Two seconds of research on Google would have told you that burgundy is the school's color. The shooter was probably wearing it as part of his escape plan to blend into the crowd that was rushing away. What do you want them to do, adopt another color for their school? Do you want the shooter to take that away from them as well as taking their classmates? I swear I'll never understand why people are looking for reasons to run these kids down. They've got a right to be angry!

Old 02-21-2018, 12:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The conspiracy theories that come out of the alt-right after every shooting are disgusting.
They are Putin's Pundits, and proud of it.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:44 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
To me it is mind boggling to see on TV the shooting survivors dressed in the same color as the shooter!

Are they honoring the shooter and now blaming America for the failure of mental health care, FBI not following up and putting the shooter on a pedestal?

I'm lost for words. I feel so sorry for the departments that should have acted up and people should be fired!

Knock! Knock!

Hey!

Are you ok inside there?....

Old 02-21-2018, 12:44 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yeah, I would get pretty emotional when I see fellow classmates massacred, and when politicians kowtow to the likes of the NRA rather than actually restricting access to the most common use firearm in these mass shootings.

So is it just the mass shootings you have a problem with or all shootings in general ? The handgun is the weapon of choice for the majority of killers. Actually knives kill more annually than an AR.

Yet the AR is the problem right ?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:01 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
So is it just the mass shootings you have a problem with or all shootings in general ? The handgun is the weapon of choice for the majority of killers. Actually knives kill more annually than an AR. Yet the AR is the problem right ?
Yes high capacity detachable magazines and assault style weapons are a problem when it comes to mass shootings. The shooters in Las Vegas, Parkland, Sutherland Springs and many others would have resulted in far fewer deaths if the assailant was armed with a handgun or a knife.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yes high capacity detachable magazines and assault style weapons are a problem when it comes to mass shootings. The shooters in Las Vegas, Parkland, Sutherland Springs and many others would have resulted in far fewer deaths if the assailant was armed with a handgun or a knife.
Don't be naïve, there is no such think as an assault weapon. How many times do we have to go thru this.
Your focus is on semi auto mag fed rifles with high capacity mags. So it's either all semi auto rifles you want banned or high capacity magazines pure and simple.

Yet, more are killed by knife, and even more by handgun.....

Old 02-21-2018, 01:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Don't be naïve, there is no such think as an assault weapon. How many times do we have to go thru this. Your focus is on semi auto mag fed rifles with high capacity mags. So it's either all semi auto rifles you want banned or high capacity magazines pure and simple..
I said "assault style", didn't I? So miss me with the "there is no such thing as an assault weapon" which is just NRA blather. Start with either banning hi cap detachable magazines or if there isn't consensus on that, only allow people to purchase or possess them who go through vetting with local law enforcement such as is now conducted for CCW applicants
Quote:
Yet, more are killed by knife, and even more by handgun.....
yeah but they usually involve one victim, see the difference yet? And most of the victims of assaults with knives or handguns are not school children in their classroom.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:16 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
So if Nikolas Cruz didn't have this particular rifle what do they think would have happened? Nothing?

The kid was bat***t and I wonder how many of these types are wandering around as time bombs because no one in authority takes them seriously when they act like lunatics. Apparently even if their threats are reported to the FBI, still not taken seriously.

One thread among these mass shooters is a history of violence and/or threats. Often domestic violence to their wives, girlfriends or parents.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I said "assault style", didn't I? So miss me with the "there is no such thing as an assault weapon" which is just NRA blather. Start with either banning hi cap detachable magazines or if there isn't consensus on that, only allow people to purchase or possess them who go through vetting with local law enforcement such as is now conducted for CCW applicants

yeah but they usually involve one victim, see the difference yet? And most of the victims of assaults with knives or handguns are not school children in their classroom.

Okay.

I don't. Each one of those lives, whether they were taken one at a time or all at once matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies