Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 10:15 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
We absolutely cannot allow this current gun crazed trending to become a normal part of our country. This is nothing but a tyrannical psychological vice hoisted upon the minds of the American public.

Confiscate all semi-automatic firearms!

What compensation would you pay for those semi-automatic firearms? Why or why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 10:23 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Bwaaa haaaw haaaw haaaw........ Just the humor I needed to brighten up my morning! You must be a writer for Colbert and/or Kimmel, keep up the good work!
Not so much more humorous, than true!

I'm most certain it didn't brighten your day as much as it most probably just awakened you a little....

Old 02-22-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
[/b]

What compensation would you pay for those semi-automatic firearms? Why or why not?
Not just me!

We would all be compensated by having more of our lives spared...

Old 02-22-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Really? They've been accepting it in Chicago,Detroit and other cities for years now, has something changed? Where was everyone's outrage so far?
Oh, yeah, TV camera's are currently running and the MSM is spinning like a top to take as much advantage as they can.

Once the shock wears off and eyeballs switch to the next outrage it'll all be over and the inner city killings will go on unabated just like they're doing now. Hear anyone talking about anything other that Florida or Colorado? Nope.

Here's a hard and uncomfortable question for y'all, why is one high school shooting of 17 such a big deal and places where 10 times that amount of people were shot in just the first 6 months last year (and many years prior) is not? Many of these places have some of the toughest gun laws on the books and yet the killing continues.

Why weren't people marching in the streets demanding all guns be taken and beating down the last presidents door demanding action?

This is part of the reason why I'm skeptical about all this "sudden" concern for kids being shot and any laws being enacted to stop it.
This isn't "sudden concern"......

This is more like the American saturation point!

How much more useless carnage and gore do you think we can take?

Old 02-22-2018, 10:34 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
One thing for certain, I know we don't NEED our children mowed down like blades of grass every few weeks at a time, just for the sake of somebody's GD gun-owner's rights, or the darned so-called 2nd Amendment.

That's especially since I'm mature enough to have witnessed the entire scenario play out to where are today. This ordeal lies squarely upon the twisted and corrupt shoulders of the NRA!

I wish I could dictate what I'd like to have done. There wouldn't be one congressman that's taken an NRA bribe, still walking around the capitol freely and without handcuffs. I'd also declare the NRA a terrorist organization and an enemy of the state!
As an actual mature adult, I'd like to point out the horribly insulting nature of your statement.

I do not support the NRA, but as an organization, they represent the opinions of their ~5M members, most of who I assume are American citizens. So you are basically OK with calling 5M of your fellow citizens "terrorists" and comparing them to the likes of actual terrorists like Mohamed Atta because you have political differences with them?

Not only is that a horrible way to view people with different opinions and life experiences than you, but its an even more horrible way to de-legitimize those who actually died at the hands of real terrorists.

Overboard statements like yours are part of what make it impossible to have real debates with real progress. Don't get me wrong, for every person saying what you say, there is likely someone just as ridiculous on the other side, and they are just as bad and just as guilty for the mess we are in.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:40 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
[/b]
$2000 a piece, with a receipt. So after 10 years if a school shooting has happened despite the bad guns being gone they get them back. Doubled with interest.

No, really, how much would it cost? Much less than equipping all the schools with protective facilities as described in the NRA plan. Look at all the lives it would save.
[/sarc]

Old 02-22-2018, 10:42 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
$2000 a piece, with a receipt. So after 10 years if a school shooting has happened despite the bad guns being gone they get them back. Doubled with interest.

No, really, how much would it cost? Much less than equipping all the schools with protective facilities as described in the NRA plan. Look at all the lives it would save.
[/sarc]
How many guns at $2K are you estimating are out there?

Old 02-22-2018, 10:44 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
It's the people, and always will be. Not the weapons. Are you going to ban vehicles because someone drives one into a crowd and runs a bunch of people over? Do we ban pressure cookers because a terrorist made bombs from them in Boston? Lets ban propane tanks, gasoline, baseball bats, crossbows, metal, and lumber, we can all live in a foam wrapped pillow world and even then someone will still fashion a way to kill people. When there is the will to harm someone a weapon will be found or fashioned it doesn't matter what it is.
Sadly in many cases, the people that do these mass shootings have been in trouble before, didn't receive the care they needed(some just need to be locked up in the mental ward and the key thrown away), and/or, were gently hand slapped by our weak liberal justice system and released back onto the street.
Locally we had a kid shoot up a mall a few years ago and kill several people, at 19 he already had 7 priors and had been questioned regarding his mental health twice yet was out free, stole a gun, and did the deed. I don't blame the gun. I blame the kid, and I blame the justice system for their failure as well.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:00 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
If the source is corrupt, then you must consider its twisted motives.
"then you must consider its twisted motives"

Please explain.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:02 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
I wouldn't exactly call a Bump stock, or a high capacity magazine, simply a "cosmetic feature".

Are you delusional or something?

Also, while I've never mentioned Heston's name, I have repeatedly mentioned Harlon Carter's name, since he was the NRA lunatic that started this gun-ownership rights and anti-gun control crap in the first place. It was Harlon Carter who essentially stated that the children's lives taken by gun fire might be the cost of the freedom to own guns. Harlon clearly had no conscience and most of his friends and associates considered him to be mentally unstable and obsessed with guns. This was the guy who became executive vice president of the NRA-ILA and is responsible for launching a huge effort in advancing the proliferation of guns and gun ownership by doling out political donations to members of the GOP back in the late 70's and throughout the 80's. This distribution of cash to our politicians then created unfair leverage and influence over the American people.

Harlon Carter was not only a mentally unstable leader of the NRA, he was also a once convicted murderer. It was he who was primarily responsible for initiating this crazy American gun culture of ours.

You're absolutely right! We don't live in a Utopian society and we most probably never will. However, will also not allow our country to be converted into a dystopian society either. A society filled with fear, hatred, and trepidation as we carry out our routine behaviors at our schools, universities, hospitals, restaurants, theaters, and places of employment.

No!

We will not make it easy for any extremist political group to facilitate their agenda by making firearms more prevalent, more easily accessible, more easily transportable, and more lethal.

It's high time that Americans stand up and put an end to this gun crazed madness!
"Are you delusional or something?"

If you want to have an honest adult conversion, I will engage.

NO WHERE did I say ANYTHING about bump stocks, so do NOT put words in my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies