Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 11:38 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ooooh that evil NRA... You do realize how insane it is to pick out one organization for what is clearly a case of societal illness right?
I never knew the NRA trained people to not care about human life or to grab guns and kill people. In fact, if one wanted to point fingers at organizations that do teach people to care less about others lives and have no emotions about killing one could make that argument against the military. It's not like the Marines teach their soldiers to practice love and compassion towards others and it's not like soldiers just forget when they get out.

Just keep up your yapping/ranting about the evilness of the NRA and be marginalized along with all the other loons...

Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And that response is right out of Alek Jones
Sorry. He looks and acts...LIKE AN ACTOR. I will allow that others have told him what to say...but still then, he's not an organic person in this charade.

Either way - whether he's an actor, screaming scripted responses, or just a HORRIBLE child raised by HORRIBLE parents - you know what he and his little pre-pubescent friends can do? POUND SAND.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 11:40 AM
SFX

1,636 posts, read 891,622 times
Or simply die in a school shooting.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:41 AM
SFX

1,636 posts, read 891,622 times
The important thing in all this, despite what some would scream at you, is what to do to stop it from happening again.

Unless you can 100% make sure nobody can ever have any weapons, you have to be ready to defend against the madman that does.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:22 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Default "Student-led" anti-gun march is just another Bloomberg astroturf show

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/stud...astroturf-show

Old 02-27-2018, 12:27 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX View Post
The important thing in all this, despite what some would scream at you, is what to do to stop it from happening again.

Unless you can 100% make sure nobody can ever have any weapons, you have to be ready to defend against the madman that does.
We already have far too many guns on the streets (in the public). The only thing we can do at this point is cut the legs off the NRA, invoke certain weapon bans, as well as post armed security guards, and LE officers at entry, exit, and key perimeter locations. Of course, electronic surveillance will be absolutely imperative.

We will also need key security checkpoints located on and adjacent to all secondary public schools, all major universities, all county, state, and federal installations.

Also, variable and mobile checkpoints should also be established in and around all major urban centers, workplaces, and industrial installations.

Our primary focus should be on the construction of secure barriers impervious to terror.

The NRA and the various arms industries should be legally held responsible for all security costs.

Last edited by zeliner; 02-27-2018 at 12:42 PM..

Old 02-27-2018, 12:31 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Marine, could a 'unruly' kid take you weapon......I would think your training would certainly prevent that... many teachers are "troops to teachers' or just former troops

if properly trained....nobody should be able to physically take a gun from an owner...even if that owner is a teacher
That only makes sense if only teachers who are ex-military carry guns in schools. It is not common for retired/ex-military personnel to go into teaching. The "Troops to Teachers" program has only attracted 20,000 applicants since 1994. More ex-military are likely to go into law enforcement work than teaching.

And if you think that there is some training other than a full 6 month police academy that could teach a petite or elderly school teacher to keep from having their gun physically taken from them you probably also believe in the tooth fairy

Old 02-27-2018, 12:33 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Militaristic firearms? A 44 magnum is more powerful than an AR15. The difference between an AR15 and a .30-.06 is that the .30-.06 is much more powerful, can kill you from a several hundred yards away. The AR15 looks tactical and scary. But if you take away the high capacity magazine (which you can put on a semi automatic pistol as well) and then what makes is "assault styled"?? Answer is nothing.

I can guarantee you that my bolt action Model 70 .270 with a 5 round magazine is not anywhere close to the fire power of a 30 round AR15.

You might be able to fool some neophytes out there, but those of us who know guns know you are just flinging scat.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:33 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Militaristic firearms? A 44 magnum is more powerful than an AR15. The difference between an AR15 and a .30-.06 is that the .30-.06 is much more powerful, can kill you from a several hundred yards away. The AR15 looks tactical and scary. But if you take away the high capacity magazine (which you can put on a semi automatic pistol as well) and then what makes is "assault styled"?? Answer is nothing.
That's all I'm asking, make them with fixed magazines incapable of using 30 or 100 round magazines

Old 02-27-2018, 12:35 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Amen.

Sorry. He looks and acts...LIKE AN ACTOR. I will allow that others have told him what to say...but still then, he's not an organic person in this charade.

Either way - whether he's an actor, screaming scripted responses, or just a HORRIBLE child raised by HORRIBLE parents - you know what he and his little pre-pubescent friends can do? POUND SAND.
So, empathy is not a value for NRA 2A types.

You are not a human being I want to know.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:46 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So, empathy is not a value for NRA 2A types.

You are not a human being I want to know.
So, when I give people on the side of the road money out of my wallet regularly, does that mean I'm an unsympathetic person too?

Empathy doesn't have much to do with it.

To know me, you should know 90 percent of what I hear/see out of the "media" is falsehoods. And I also don't have much use for U.S. Senators, so I don't care for identity politic king Marco Rubio.

But those kids' shtick is just...weird, to me at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies