Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 01:57 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I guess since this is a political board.
Its way past the time to talk about gun violence AND also talk about WHY are children are being raised with such hate.
American culture is a message of hate. Hate America. Hate Trump. Hate everyone who doesn't hate those things. Kids are bombarded with hate propaganda and fear-mongering 24/7 from mainstream media, social media, the entertainment industry and schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 02:00 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
American culture is a message of hate. Hate America. Hate Trump. Hate everyone who doesn't hate those things. Kids are bombarded with hate propaganda and fear-mongering 24/7 from mainstream media, social media, the entertainment industry and schools.
No, kids are far more interested in bullying other kids who are different from having big noses, being too fat, too short, for not being straight, or whatever else that is different or not cool.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 02-15-2018 at 02:37 AM..

Old 02-15-2018, 02:11 AM

21,122 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Airports didn’t have much security until planes started getting hijacked on a regular basis. Look at all the security they have now. Nio mass shootings either. Students deserve the same level of security.

Edit: I take that back. There have been mass shootings, but still rarer than at schools.

Last edited by Retroit; 02-15-2018 at 02:40 AM..

Old 02-15-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, kids are far more interested in bullying other kids who are different from having big noses, being too fat, too short, being *****, of whatever else that is different or not cool.
Stop. Bullying has ALWAYS gone on. Today there are repercussions for bullying; there were NONE in the past, and EVERYONE had guns ... and yet, schools weren't shot up, students weren't slaughtered regularly.

STOP blaming kids for this crap.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Stop. Bullying has ALWAYS gone on. Today there are repercussions for bullying; there were NONE in the past, and EVERYONE had guns ... and yet, schools weren't shot up, students weren't slaughtered regularly.

My God, my God, just who the hell are you anyway? You are so all out WRONG that I can only take pity out on you as a human being. It is a matter of FACT that bullying still goes on and is still not being adequately addressed by society or the schools. The bullying kids must be blamed for it as well as adults, meaning parents and teachers. For all I know, you were a real cool kid and never got bullied while in school.

And you're also vastly, vastly wrong for saying everybody had guns. At best, some of the farm kids had guns, and that was about it. I was a rural kid for part of my young life and never had a gun.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:39 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:

I don`t blame the kids. I blame the gun/criminal lobby whose core belief is Body Counts Don`t Matter.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:48 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Using the ban guns logic ... sounds like public schools should be banned.
No more government schools?

Talk about a step in the right direction.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:50 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yeah, 'cause criminals are such law-abiding people. /heavy sarcasm

Do some of you realize how ridiculous you sound? /SMH
I'm not talking about the criminals here, I'm talking about the idiots who seem to think a heavily armed populace is somehow a good idea!

Old 02-15-2018, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
My God, my God, just who the hell are you anyway? You are so all out WRONG that I can only take pity out on you as a human being. It is a matter of FACT that bullying still goes on and is still not being adequately addressed by society or the schools. The bullying kids must be blamed for it as well as adults, meaning parents and teachers. For all I know, you were a real cool kid and never got bullied while in school.

And you're also vastly, vastly wrong for saying everybody had guns. At best, some of the farm kids had guns, and that was about it. I was a rural kid for part of my young life and never had a gun.
Uh-huh, it's just a coincidence that kids still do what kids always did but it didn't cause school massacres before. It's just a coincidence that kids had easier access to guns and other weapons (most boys carried pocket knives) in the past but didn't randomly slaughter other kids. Sure. If that is what you need to tell yourself.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:57 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I'm not talking about the criminals here, I'm talking about the idiots who seem to think a heavily armed populace is somehow a good idea!
So... your suggestion is to make sure only the criminals are heavily armed? Sheer idiocy. Remember, gun laws are useless against criminals. They don't abide by laws, hence... their criminal acts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies