Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 05:21 AM

57,039 posts, read 26,013,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
100% of Illegal immigrants are criminals. What part of "illegal" do you not understand?

They say perception is reality. I was trained to understand that someones perception is "their reality". "If you need a kaleidoscope to see out your butt, your perception needs an adjustment".
quote by "Me"

My heart aches for the families and the kids who suffered through this. Very preventable tragedy. If schools were secured like work sites this would not happen. Badged entry and metal detectors. Spend the cash and save some kids. The technology is there. Failing to implement it is like saying "we cant afford to protect your kid"

Using this as a reason to go after gun owners is ridiculous.
A very small percentage are responsible for violence, an overwhelming majority of violent crimes are home grown residents. This is a silly diversion from the cause of gun violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

26,212 posts, read 19,468,897 times
95% of 1,577 people polled supported background checks on all gun purchases. Any sane country would implement such a law but we have criminally insane Republicans in our government who block such laws.

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And he knew he could get away with shooting for a long time...why...ask yourself why...be honest in your answer....
I can't help you if you cannot comprehend why he chose his former school (where he had been expelled from), and not some other school. It is obvious to me, but I guess it is not obvious to everyone else.

1,257 posts, read 2,646,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
If an illegal shoots someone it's BOTH a mental health issue and and an immigration issue. However when it's a white kid who has easy access to guns we feel it's BOTH a mental health issue and a gun issue. However we are not allowed to discuss the other part of the equation as you are with illegals. No you want to call it only a mental health issue, but only when it's a white shooter. And as I said if he was a legal Muslim many here wouldn't say a damned thing about mental health and you know it.

If you can't see the hypocrisy here you are simply not being fair.
I am being fair. Did I not say anyone who shoots 17 people is bats**t crazy. I had no idea the kid was white. Why is this a race issue?

Millions of guns in circulation. You cannot put the genie back into the bottle. You can secure schools. Stop blaming a tool that millions use responsibly.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:24 AM

57,039 posts, read 26,013,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The point that swooshed WAY over your head is that as gun ownership increased significantly, gun homicides DID NOT.

The problem ISN'T guns.
It’s a ridiculous narrow use of statistics to make your point for increased gun ownership. Yes easy access to guns is definitely part of the problem.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:24 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,637,570 times
Some poster are bashing Republicans for favoring the second amendment but it seems that Democrats can turn in their guns and that would safe a lot of people from getting harmed.

The shooter was a registered Democrat so I'm all for Democrats who are against the second amendment to turn in their guns. But we have heard many times how the biggest protesters against the second amendment all are defended by security with guns on a daily base!

Old 02-15-2018, 05:25 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
Quote:
Because another poster foolishly insisted public schools can't possibly be the problem.
Are you trying to argue this could not possibly happen at a private school? Seriously?

Your arguments so far:

- Diversity
- Illegal immigration
- Sanctuary cities
- Public schools vs private schools

You have got to be kidding me.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:27 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,900,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
100% of Illegal immigrants are criminals. What part of "illegal" do you not understand?

They say perception is reality. I was trained to understand that someones perception is "their reality". "If you need a kaleidoscope to see out your butt, your perception needs an adjustment".
quote by "Me"

My heart aches for the families and the kids who suffered through this. Very preventable tragedy. If schools were secured like work sites this would not happen. Badged entry and metal detectors. Spend the cash and save some kids. The technology is there. Failing to implement it is like saying "we cant afford to protect your kid"

Using this as a reason to go after gun owners is ridiculous.
Maybe we should consider bringing all of our troops home & station them in our schools.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:27 AM

23,171 posts, read 12,296,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to who?
The local antifa made a statement. They did not state that he was not a part of them, they just asked that the picture of him wearing antifa clothing not be used, because they did not need anymore bad press.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:28 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,439,392 times
Quote:
The 2nd Amendment gives PEOPLE the Right to keep and bear arms, not militias. Even SCOTUS has ruled that to be so (DC v. Heller).

Brush up on your reading comprehension skills.
So there`s nothing in the amendment about well regulated militias? I know that the National Rampage Association has their own version but I`m looking at the one written by our founders. The Heller ruling allows for gun regulations btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies