Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 12:31 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
You've lost me, oh great intelligent one. I'm not sure what my post has to do with abortion?

A simple minded person such as myself, can only hazard a guess that your sarcasm meter needs re-calibrating.
I believe the poster you were responding to was distracted by neko-mimi's misogynist (and unattributed) little meme. We get it neko - you hate women. Start your own thread about that one.

Meanwhile there are now 17 dead children in Florida. Americans shouldn't be allowed anywhere near guns is how I'm feeling tonight. Going out there with a semi-automatic and endless rounds of ammunition is a game for psychopathic cowards, requiring no skill and certainly no patriotism or so-called "citizens militia." I am a single woman living out in Colorado ranching country and I have always been supportive of gun ownership but the Newtown shootings and now those today are just too much. Democracy does not require us to allow psychopaths to run around with semi-automatics and endless rounds of ammo shooting our precious children..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 01:00 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Conservatives can take their "thoughts and prayers" and shove em up their asses. We know damn well they don't care about the carnage propagated by their gun proliferation policies.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:05 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carper675 View Post
Thanks. I am redneck from the rural south with guns and raised around guns for hunting, but even I know the flooding of guns on our streets is insane. Half of republicans favor stronger gun control but Democrats are frauds. They completely owned both the house and senate and the presidency from 2009-20011 and did nothing on gun control but they talk alot when they have no power and its just rhetoric

The strictest gun control laws in this country came from a Republican. Rudy Giuliani . He turned a former cesspool into a pretty safe city

Why dont they talk about what democrats did when they owned everything from 2009-2011. Nothing

I feel the same way about republicans now, they own everything now and they better do something about immigration but they probably wont. two crap parties to choose from
I don't know how to legislate the prevention of murder. God had something to say about it , way back. Thou Shalt Not... Or something to that effect.

I think it was pre-gun... iirc.

In any case, that's not helping us much here.

I'd heard this Cruz person was an Antifa supporter on a Google search, not necessarily confirmed yet. He seems to be an evil person on a rampage.

We need to somehow pay more attention to people like this. Can we, at the state level, consider trained ex-military perhaps armed guards in certain places, perhaps randomly if not economically feasible, for the protection of our children at very least?

Let's have discussions like this between shootings as well maybe, perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Conservatives can take their "thoughts and prayers" and shove em up their asses. We know damn well they don't care about the carnage propagated by their gun proliferation policies.
This is an idiotic post that shows what emotionally charged judgement does for us. Not too useful during this tragic time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
So if I was a Senator and I gave money to Planned Parenthood and actively supported them I am a stellar person?

If that same Senator owns stock in a arms manufacturer that legally produces arms in the United States he/she is a scum bag?

Own stock in Apple? (Line workers committing suicide and being exploited over seas)
Own stock in Big Tobacco
Own Oil stock?

Where do we draw the line?
Good points.

Why does this have to be done at the federal level?

Can anything be done at the State level?

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-15-2018 at 01:34 AM..

Old 02-15-2018, 01:24 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,820 times
So if I was a Senator and I gave money to Planned Parenthood and actively supported them I am a stellar person?

If that same Senator owns stock in a arms manufacturer that legally produces arms in the United States he/she is a scum bag?

Own stock in Apple? (Line workers committing suicide and being exploited over seas)
Own stock in Big Tobacco
Own Oil stock?

Old 02-15-2018, 01:42 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post

Own stock in Big Tobacco
Own Oil stock?

That's for each and every person to decide!

Old 02-15-2018, 03:47 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
More than stricter gun control, we probably need stricter mental health laws.

The fault lies with Cruz, ultimately, and, with his adoptive parents, and after they died, with the family that he was living with, and, with his shrink. He had a history of bad behavior, but was allowed to keep his gun. An ex-family member of his said that he was taking meds because he was 'emotionally fragile' (emotionally fragile??) , and yet he was still allowed to keep his gun.

He wanted to kill. If he didn't have access to a gun he probably would have used the current fad, his vehicle, or a stolen box truck. More people had been killed by one person with a truck than by one person with a gun.
In Nice, France, one guy driving a truck killed 86 people and injured 458 others.
The largest mass shooting in modern history was Las Vegas, one guy with guns killed 59 and injured around 500 others. So many people in Vegas probably would not have been killed or injured if they hadn't been in a fishbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'd heard this Cruz person was an Antifa supporter on a Google search, not necessarily confirmed yet. He seems to be an evil person on a rampage.
The local antifa did not disavow Cruz, they just didn't want his picture, wearing antifa apparel, being shown, because of possible "bad press". That does suggest that he was involved with antifa.
https://twitter.com/LagBeachAntifa7/...05010290581505

Old 02-15-2018, 05:19 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
This should be the NRA’s Benghazi.

Love it or LEAVE it, million dollar Mitch, and all your craven buds......

'Thoughts and prayers'

'Thoughts and prayers' — and fistfuls of NRA money: Why America can't control guns

Excerpts from above article, written shortly after the Vegas slaughter:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.): "This is a moment for national mourning and for prayer." NRA support by 2016: $1.3 million.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.): “Cindy & I are praying for the victims of the terrible #LasVegasShooting & their families. We appreciate the bravery of all first responders.” NRA spending reached $7.7 million for McCain and against his Senate electoral opponents by 2016, placing him first among all members of Congress........

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa): "My prayers are with all of the victims in Las Vegas and their loved ones affected by this senseless act of violence." NRA financial support since 2014: $3.1 million.

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.): "Saddened by the tragic loss of life in #LasVegas. My thoughts are with all of the families affected by this horrific attack." NRA support by 2016: $4.6 million.

Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.): "Praying for all the victims & those impacted by the tragedy." NRA support by 2016: $122,802.

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.): "Susan and I send our deepest condolences and prayers to the families of the victims of this horrific and senseless tragedy in Las Vegas." NRA support by 2016: $5.5 million.

But wait, there's more:

Kimmel Writer Calls Out GOP In Blistering Replies To Prayers After Florida Shooting
Source: Huffington Post

Lawmakers sending “thoughts and prayers” in the wake of Wednesday’s deadly school shooting in Parkland, Florida, are getting slammed for their financial ties to the gun lobby.

Bess Kalb, a writer for “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” is responding to each lawmaker tweeting condolences over the murders by listing how much they’ve taken from the National Rifle Association, which has consistently fought any move to tighten gun control laws.

Here are some of those tweets and Kalb’s replies:

Read more: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0058d5565cbac

Comme toujours, suivez l'argent
Crazy people shooting others has NOTHING to do with the NRA.

"You are NOT as smart as you think you are!" someone once said.

Cars kill a LOT more then guns, should we ban the auto lobby?

Your attempt to link the 2 are juvenile at best!

Old 02-15-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I believe the poster you were responding to was distracted by neko-mimi's misogynist (and unattributed) little meme. We get it neko - you hate women. Start your own thread about that one.

Meanwhile there are now 17 dead children in Florida. Americans shouldn't be allowed anywhere near guns is how I'm feeling tonight. Going out there with a semi-automatic and endless rounds of ammunition is a game for psychopathic cowards, requiring no skill and certainly no patriotism or so-called "citizens militia." I am a single woman living out in Colorado ranching country and I have always been supportive of gun ownership but the Newtown shootings and now those today are just too much. Democracy does not require us to allow psychopaths to run around with semi-automatics and endless rounds of ammo shooting our precious children..
"is how I'm feeling tonight"

Which is WHY we DON'T pass laws or do other things when you "feel"

Wild raging emotions cause you to lose your common sense thinking.

Emotion takes over.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carper675 View Post
Whose policies? So what did the dems and obama do about gun control when they controlled the house senate and the presidency in 2009-2011? Nothing! They were cowards

Close to half of republicans favor stricter gun control laws, yet what will get done? nothing , because stuff like this tragedy fades ,the issues always change etc.

Democrats care more about flooding our nation with immigrants and dreamers than they do about working people in America and declining wages , transsexual bathrooms, black lives matter, all their identity groups and special interests ,crappy leaders like pelosi , etc.

It was a Republican that passed the strictest gun laws in the united states, Rudy Giuliani . What did Obama do during his presidency about flooding our streets with guns? Nothing
"Close to half of republicans favor stricter gun control laws"

Says who, besides YOU?

Old 02-15-2018, 05:34 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
It’s not about outlawing guns. What business does a teenager have with an assault rifle? Let’s look at the NRA and who they are paying off. Thoughts and Prayers won’t bring these people back. Republicans won’t do a thing about the problem as the NRA owns the Republican Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies