Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 07:16 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times

Advertisements

I’m sorry, it just keeps bugging the crap out of me how conservatives keep bashing her for this comment. Is it just because of their blind support for Trump or is it because they can’t accept a Democrat calling a spade a spade.

Walmart gets over two billion dollars in tax savings, while most Americans save less than a few hundred...if not seeing an increase. I’m looking at you lady who is saving a buck fifty every pay period. I’m sorry conservatives, you can’t accept the fact we’re getting crumbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 07:22 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Pelosi is a multimillionaire so $1000 or $2000 is crumbs to her. To someone making minimum wage it's a small fortune. I don't recall Pelosi offering to double the taxes she pays if she pays anything at all.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Pelosi is a multimillionaire so $1000 or $2000 is crumbs to her. To someone making minimum wage it's a small fortune. I don't recall Pelosi offering to double the taxes she pays if she pays anything at all.
Who is getting that though? Less than 10% of the population will get a bonus based on the tax reform. Most of the companies giving the bonuses are giving varying amounts based on experience. Someone at Walmart won’t get over 750$ unless they’ve been their 20 years. Most will get 0 - 250 . Meanwhile 15,000 associates and counting have lost their jobs since January...real generous of them.

Idc if you make 10 million or 10,000...the amount is crumbs. It is what it is. We aren’t mad we are getting money, we’re just mad that the 1% is getting 99% of the benefit. *shrugs*

Old 02-15-2018, 07:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Call me crazy, well some of you have, but I don't see where Democrats win anything by being against:
  • Wage increases
  • Job announcements
  • Tax cuts
  • Jobs saved from outsourcing
  • Unexpected bonuses.
And telling people they must feel bad about everything.

It's a losing platform for sure. Nov. 2018 is going to sting very badly for them.

I encourage them to keep it up with the "crumbs" thing. Pelosi = Cruella de Vil

Old 02-15-2018, 07:48 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
So this bugs the crap out of you, but you probably have no problem with her hypocrisy calling Obamas $40 cut "something that will make a real difference to families" but call Trumps larger cuts "crumbs". Maybe it's just your blind support of the left and mindless hatred of anything Trump.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:50 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
It was the crumbs of our discontent.

Shakespeare we need you now more than ever. Pelosi is ravaging the countryside with lunacy.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Call me crazy, well some of you have, but I don't see where Democrats win anything by being against:
  • Wage increases
  • Job announcements
  • Tax cuts
  • Jobs saved from outsourcing
  • Unexpected bonuses.
And telling people they must feel bad about everything.

It's a losing platform for sure. Nov. 2018 is going to sting very badly for them.

I encourage them to keep it up with the "crumbs" thing. Pelosi = Cruella de Vil
I’m definitely all for that, but Trumps efforts are far from conclusive. He’s sending us further into debt, meanwhile these companies announce modest raises and bonuses while laying off thousands of workers and cutting middle management workers. Is it really worth it to have a slightly higher minimum wage when the ones making 60,000$ now have to lose 15,000$ or lose their job completely?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
I’m sorry, it just keeps bugging the crap out of me how conservatives keep bashing her for this comment. Is it just because of their blind support for Trump or is it because they can’t accept a Democrat calling a spade a spade.
I’m sorry, it just keeps bugging the crap out of me that some of the left try to equate trump with conservatives and how they deflect and don't address what the actual comments are.

Quote:
Walmart gets over two billion dollars in tax savings, while most Americans save less than a few hundred...if not seeing an increase. I’m looking at you lady who is saving a buck fifty every pay period.
You're upset because many Americans are paying less in taxes while making things up about the actual savings.

Quote:
I’m sorry conservatives, you can’t accept the fact we’re getting crumbs
I'm sorry mattee01, that you don't use facts.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
I’m definitely all for that, but Trumps efforts are far from conclusive. He’s sending us further into debt, meanwhile these companies announce modest raises and bonuses while laying off thousands of workers and cutting middle management workers. Is it really worth it to have a slightly higher minimum wage when the ones making 60,000$ now have to lose 15,000$ or lose their job completely?
Show proof his policies will cause those making 60k will loose 15k or their jobs. I'd love to see proof of that.
Show proof his policies are causing the layoffs of thousands of workers, especially when layoff cuts are usually announced ahead of time.

Getting us further into debt by not vetoing the PROGRESSIVE spending increase sends the message trump isn't that interested about the debt and deficit. He voiced his displeasure, big deal.
Make no mistake about it, all the problems we have lay at the hands of the progressives from both sides.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:49 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:

Walmart gets over two billion dollars in tax savings, while most Americans save less than a few hundred...if not seeing an increase. I’m looking at you lady who is saving a buck fifty every pay period. I’m sorry conservatives, you can’t accept the fact we’re getting crumbs
They know what she meant. Just like they knew what she meant when she said "we have to pass it to know what's in it" or when Obama said "you didn't build that."

It's a dumb game of fake outrage that you can spot when you see the same posters quote them and then refuse to defend themselves when challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies