Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What explains FBI failures?
Incompetence 23 30.26%
Distracted by political witch hunts and other intrigues 49 64.47%
Disorganized like any bureaucracy 23 30.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 09:45 AM

5,328 posts, read 3,209,309 times

Advertisements

I don't know...I think they are the "whipping boy" du jour. Unfortunately pervasive politics have either seeped into the establishment, or are the basis for the unfounded criticism, depending on which side you're on.

Practically, I can't imagine the manpower involved with the millions of "tips" that the agency must review daily. Add to that the amount of manpower in investigating and acting on these tips, and you can see there are only so many bodies in that department. In order to have an FBI that works magic and stops every threat in its tracks would probably require a budget like never before seen.

I personally think that the FBI, in general, does a fine job and is staffed by people who genuinely care for their job and the country. At the end of the day it's run by humans and along with that comes things that humans do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 09:48 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I had considered other possibilities - like "hands tied by liberal idiots" but that one didn't seem applicable in the case of this school shooter, although it was the reason that the FBI didn't stop the 9/11 jihadists and the other muslim terrorists since - they were ordered not to....by liberal idiots. https://www.city-journal.org/html/wh...911-12373.html
We KNOW at this point in the Russia-Russia-Russia investigation that the FBI has been politicized.
We KNOW that in most of these mass shootings that the FBI had prior knowledge of the shooter.

What we don't KNOW yet is what were/are the Rules of Engagement in the FBI.
WHY do they miss these shooters they were warned about?
WHY have some of them "legally" bought guns and passed background checks when they should not have passed?

Is it "incompetence"? unlikely, they are a professional organization of many thousands.
They can't all be "incompetent".

Is it "bureaucracy" ..... probably so, the Red Tape of Government causes many problems - but it must be more than that. The FBI Mission Statement needs some serious work.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:49 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I don't know...I think they are the "whipping boy" du jour. Unfortunately pervasive politics have either seeped into the establishment, or are the basis for the unfounded criticism, depending on which side you're on.

Practically, I can't imagine the manpower involved with the millions of "tips" that the agency must review daily. Add to that the amount of manpower in investigating and acting on these tips, and you can see there are only so many bodies in that department. In order to have an FBI that works magic and stops every threat in its tracks would probably require a budget like never before seen.

I personally think that the FBI, in general, does a fine job and is staffed by people who genuinely care for their job and the country. At the end of the day it's run by humans and along with that comes things that humans do.
I don't know exactly many actionable tips they receive daily but I know it is in the low hundreds, not in the millions. So they certainly have the manpower to address each of them thoroughly.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:55 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I don't know exactly many actionable tips they receive daily but I know it is in the low hundreds, not in the millions. So they certainly have the manpower to address each of them thoroughly.
Not only that, but it's not as if someone saying they're going to shoot up a school is low priority. YKWIM?

Here's the thing... They had a name, and they could have subpoenaed the IP address from youtube and tracked it down via the ISP, etc. None of that happened. They just said they couldn't find him. So 17 people died.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:57 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
The only incompetence I see is in the current administration. The FBI is fine. Stupid poll since you don't give the option of no!

Old 02-16-2018, 09:59 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
So Russia calls, and warns about a bad guy. The FBI and other agencies get together and conclude Russia's warning was a 'nothing burger'. shortly after we have the Boston bombing.

FBI had been weaponized into a political enforcement agency under Obama.

Comey stands up and reads a litany of crimes by Hillary and then says no prosecutor would bring her to trial. No wonder no prosecutor would bring charges, they would be destroyed by Obama's stooges running the DOJ and FBI.

Comey was clearly doing the corrupt Obama administration's bidding but not so covertly tried to extricate himself from the corruption by listing the crimes and then blowing off their significance. Comey knew anyone who was in a state of consciousness, would understand the double message he was sending.

Oh, and the Benghazi attack was due to a video, and the video maker was arrested by the FBI.

FBI leadership is not incompetent, they have been politicized and corrupted by Obama.

Just like the claim isis was the jv team, did a federal agency charged with intelligence tell Obama to say that or did Obama just make it up to win an election?

The DOJ is home to the FBI and the head of the deoj falsified a warrant and judge shopped to spy on journalists.

Incompetence would be a convenient excuse that displaces the more serious crime of corruption.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:06 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The only incompetence I see is in the current administration. The FBI is fine. Stupid poll since you don't give the option of no!
The poll doesn't have a "no" option because the question of the poll is "what explains the FBI failures?"

It isn't a yes/no question. The thread title is, but not the poll.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
My hell, have you read Youtube comments? There is enough crap and BS spewed out there to refill the the oceans of Mars. Unless the FBI has psychics plugged into their network constantly searching for a "needle in the haystack" that might be a true threat, there is no way anyone can justify laying blame on the FBI.

Doesn't mean they are a good agency but the shooting was NOT their fault. The fault is on only 1 person, the shooter.
Millions of comments posted to YouTube and other media from all over the world, each day.

And many of them read very threatening ,specifically and non- specific.

Anyone, anywhere, can open an account using any screen name , with or without a picture and the picture can be of anyone.

There is no reasonable way FBI can investigate most comments, especially non- specific threats and bring investigations to a conclusion.

There are free applications that allow anyone to anonymize everything done online. Everything you do can be pushed through multiple encrypted jumps between servers all over the world.

If the US people want more they need to be prepared to relinquish personal rights of privacy and fund bigger federal government.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 02-16-2018 at 10:18 AM..

Old 02-16-2018, 10:09 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sorry, they were too busy colluding with a foreign agent (Steele) and the Russians to fabricate a fake Trump pee pee dossier.
Yup. The FBI is too busy trying to frame a president of the United States than worry about a mere mass murderer.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:12 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
They probably just need to steal more money from us.

I bet more money will "fix" it.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies