Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 06:45 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't think President Trump has ever denied that the Russians tried to interfere with the election. What he has denied, and which there is no evidence of, is that anyone on his team "colluded" with the Russians.

What you seem to have missed in this story is that the Russians organized protests against Trump as well as rallies in support of him. They were playing "both sides against the middle." They were trying to sow confusion.

Mueller has nothing on Trump.
Whistling past the graveyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 06:47 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
In was in the 34 page indictment summary.

I'm not arguing either about the Dems colluding against Bernie Sanders. He was an Independent that decided to run as a Democrat. They weren't having any of that!
Bernie would have beaten Trump. So the dems colluded with Trump by assuring Clinton was their candidate? Their actions had a much bigger impact on the general election than anything Russia could have dreamed up.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:48 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Okay, so 13 Russian citizens made twitter and facebook posts that reached fewer people as any other hack type blog like Vox HuffPo or InfoWars but Soros spending billions is perfectly okay? Gotcha.
And going for deflection points and missing completely.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
They did use propaganda on their RT network. Some claim they had as many as 100 American viewers watching at any particular time leading up to the election. That is just as important as CNN and MSNBC being in the pocket of Clinton. Right?
What were the lies?

The Russians told everyone the truth?
Is our FBI PO'ed, the Russians conspired to get America the truth the FBI was concealing and covering up?
Lies are easily exposed. It is the truth that was hard to deflect from.

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Bernie would have beaten Trump. So the dems colluded with Trump by assuring Clinton was their candidate? Their actions had a much bigger impact on the general election than anything Russia could have dreamed up.
Sure, if you want to put it that way.

The Dems chose poorly, no argument.

I just don't see your argument. Russians got caught doing an Information Operation to divide the U.S. I have no issues punishing them. No American is called out in that indictment. What's your issue with it? Why must we deflect about the DNC?

Quote:
I don't think President Trump has ever denied that the Russians tried to interfere with the election. What he has denied, and which there is no evidence of, is that anyone on his team "colluded" with the Russians.

What you seem to have missed in this story is that the Russians organized protests against Trump as well as rallies in support of him. They were playing "both sides against the middle." They were trying to sow confusion.

Mueller has nothing on Trump.
One of the big issues I have with Trump is that he has been all over the place on almost every issue. He did say at one point Russia had nothing to do with the election. And at another point that he or his campaign did not collude with Russia. Wait a day or two and you might get a tweet with a totally different point of view from him.

I do agree however at this point the whole collusion thing is slipping away. Perhaps it was never there in the first place just propped up by the lefts vast imagination and hopefulness.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:51 AM

4 posts, read 2,003 times
It also says that the Americans involved were unknowing so this cleared Trump.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

Charolettesville......

Old 02-17-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Sure, if you want to put it that way.

The Dems chose poorly, no argument.

I just don't see your argument. Russians got caught doing an Information Operation to divide the U.S. I have no issues punishing them. No American is called out in that indictment. What's your issue with it? Why must we deflect about the DNC?
There was at least a bit of sarcasm in my comment. For example terrorists don't need to kill anyone to create terror. Just scaring people and disrupting their lives is a victory for them.

Russia wanted to stir the pot of American politics. What they did was barely a token effort that would have been ignored totally if Clinton had won. But with Trumps victory the left took it up as an angle to get Trump impeached. So the left helped Russia immensely in all of this. Russia got the political turmoil they were hoping for.

And what are the chances they will even be brought to justice? Unless they are stupid enough to still be here or in a country that will extradite them, not likely at all. Most likely they will be rewarded by Putin and live a really rich life there. They are untouchable just like Snowden.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:57 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Everything I've seen and read about this totally exonerates Trump and proves he had nothing to do with it. So *tick* *tick* *tick* that. You lefties have been ticking since the night before Comey's embarrassing testimony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies