Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 01:22 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,029,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I'm fine with strengthening our cyber security. I'm not going to accept the lefts idea that Russians stole the election from Hillary and gave it to Trump though
Don't you wonder why Putin wanted Trump in office instead of Hillary? True Americans are disturbed that a former KGB head worked so hard to get his own preferred candidate into our White House. But as previously noted, you apparently do not fall into that category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 02:59 PM

26,324 posts, read 14,928,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Don't you wonder why Putin wanted Trump in office instead of Hillary? True Americans are disturbed that a former KGB head worked so hard to get his own preferred candidate into our White House. But as previously noted, you apparently do not fall into that category.
Not who you were talking to, but too many are approaching this in a very myopic mindset. There are many possible motives for Putin doing what he is accused of besides collusion with Trump, those options include:

-Revenge....Bill Clinton rigged elections in Russia and Obama, with Hillary as Secretary of State was alleged to have tampered in Russian elections too. I realize that you probably don't find this as equally disturbing due to political allegiance.

-Underdog....Perhaps Putin was just trying to cause chaos in the US and weaken us politically as there was a small amount of Russian activity on Hillary's side to, and the majority should go to Trump as all of major prognosticators said Hillary was a favorite, so any intelligent scheme would tilt more heavily to the underdog.

-Strategic Ports....Hillary fit the Obama-Bush mold of creating power-vacuums in the Muslim world. Her tough stance on Syria, which included arming ISIS (I mean "moderate rebels") and removing Assad threatened Putin, as Assad guarantees a rare Russian warm water port to project power into the Mediterranean Sea.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 02-17-2018 at 03:07 PM..

Old 02-17-2018, 03:48 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,121,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
With Mitt Romney running for Senate in Utah just how much support (time, money) will you be giving him?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/polit...tah/index.html

After all, he was right about Russia and Obama was wrong. It's too late to change your 2012 vote but now you can make up for it by throwing your support behind the right guy this time.

Sorry, in what way was Romney right about Russia?

As a Dem, I would never have voted for Romney for president and had a poor opinion of him. However, it did seem as if he were a decent guy, and compared to Trump, Romney now seems like a prince among men.

I won't be giving him money, though. Luckily, unlike Trump who leeches off everyone and tried to run a campaign without spending money, Romney isn't so stingy, and I expect him to do well pulling in donations.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:15 PM

27,966 posts, read 29,801,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Of course OP is trolling. Romney is a Mormon so he'll have the financial backing from the Mormon church and my Mormon neighbors next door in Utah will vote him in, no prob. Romney needs no help from me even if I felt like giving it to him which I don't.

This is a stupid thread.
The LDS Church will absolutely NOT be providing financial backing to Romney, but you're right about most Mormons voting for him. Me, I'm a Mormon and an politically unaffiliated. I could conceivably vote for Romney, but generally lean more to the left. It will kind of end up depending on who runs against him. I will definitely not be campaigning for him or contributing to his campaign in any way. Now if Jon Huntsman, Jr. were to run, that would be an entirely different matter. He could run as a Republican or as a Democrat and it wouldn't matter to me in the slightest. He'd have my vote and I'm make sure I did everything possible to get him elected.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:54 PM

15,492 posts, read 10,426,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Using that logic, why did Putin want Bernie or Jill? It appears to me that Putin just wanting everyone fighting. Which was a waste of money on his part, we always fight, we didn't need his help.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:56 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sorry, in what way was Romney right about Russia?

As a Dem, I would never have voted for Romney for president and had a poor opinion of him. However, it did seem as if he were a decent guy, and compared to Trump, Romney now seems like a prince among men.

I won't be giving him money, though. Luckily, unlike Trump who leeches off everyone and tried to run a campaign without spending money, Romney isn't so stingy, and I expect him to do well pulling in donations.
Did you watch the video?

Old 02-19-2018, 02:18 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,786,182 times
I am rethinking that Cranbrook incident in light of the people that Trump surrounded himself with and Trump himself.

So what if Romney was a bully in high school?

At least he never beat his wives and was give Top Secret clearance.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:49 PM

29,190 posts, read 22,240,647 times
Romney won't need money. He has a semi-full of it from the powers that be in Utah already.

I think he would be smart to avoid all the big contributors; Freedom Foundation, NRA, Kochs, Mercers, etc.

Mitt's perceived independence from that bunch would serve him very well in the Senate by 2019. I can't say for sure what Mitt's greatest Senatorial ambition is, but he has one, for sure. I suspect he will want to become the leader of the Repub Senate Caucus. This would knock McConnell out of the catbird seat if the GOP comes out ahead in 2018.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies