U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 10:51 PM

6,342 posts, read 8,727,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Where did I say anything about banning anything?

So then you are for giving mental disabled people guns then correct?

I talked about banning guns in the OP and passing new laws. I am saying they are not necessary. If there are laws already in place against mentally disabled people having guns, fine. If not, no need for new laws.

Gun crime in America is DOWN over the last two decades, despite what the sensationalist media is trying to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 11:13 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,327,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Okay, and where did I say anything about the NRA? I don't care about the NRA. And whether or not they had guns themselves is beside the point: someone killed a large number of people with a knife. So, should knives be banned?
No, absolutely not. Knives should not be banned and guns will never be banned. However, the sales of all guns needs to be monitored more strictly, today.

A handful of years ago, after I had retired, I took the opportunity to become a NRA instructor and became a part time RSO at a large outdoor county range.

As an instructor, I do appreciate that people seek further training to hone their skills. Myself, it's an ongoing process. I attend multi day training classes 3 to 4 times a year.

As a RSO, I am shocked by the number of gun owners that are oblivious to the common sense rules in handling firearms. Those of you seasoned and experienced gun owners know to what I speak of. Spend a couple of hours behind the yellow safety line at any outdoor range and you will witness every basic gun handling rule broken. This applies more so on the pistol line than on the rifle line.

In addition to stricter background checks to keep guns out of the wrongs hands, new gun owners should be required to take a basic gun safety class at the very minimum. The NRA should be taking a stronger stance on this.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:19 PM

10,298 posts, read 2,633,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The gun fetishists won't be happy until there's an AR-15 in the hands of every man, woman, and child in America.
Really...AR15s? LOL Cmon!! They are basically a glorified .22. The AK 47 remains the most widely used and most mass produced weapon on the planet, Only in the US will you hear people arguing and bickering over the AR15, there is no demand for them anywhere else anyway.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:28 PM

387 posts, read 145,552 times
The left doesn't want to have a rational discussion on guns. That's why they CONVENIENTLY exploit a bunch of traumatized kids.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:37 PM

10,298 posts, read 2,633,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
No, absolutely not. Knives should not be banned and guns will never be banned. However, the sales of all guns needs to be monitored more strictly, today.

A handful of years ago, after I had retired, I took the opportunity to become a NRA instructor and became a part time RSO at a large outdoor county range.

As an instructor, I do appreciate that people seek further training to hone their skills. Myself, it's an ongoing process. I attend multi day training classes 3 to 4 times a year.

As a RSO, I am shocked by the number of gun owners that are oblivious to the common sense rules in handling firearms. Those of you seasoned and experienced gun owners know to what I speak of. Spend a couple of hours behind the yellow safety line at any outdoor range and you will witness every basic gun handling rule broken. This applies more so on the pistol line than on the rifle line.

In addition to stricter background checks to keep guns out of the wrongs hands, new gun owners should be required to take a basic gun safety class at the very minimum. The NRA should be taking a stronger stance on this.
The problem is, that sort of conflicts with 'NO infringement'. The 2nd is IRONCLAD in that regard, Any infringement of that type would spark a war unlike anything the nation has ever seen before.

But if the people follow thru and stand together, future generations will be celebrating what was accomplished, just as we celebrate all the past patriots and all they did, which includes breaking laws, resorting to violence, etc. Its not pretty but freedom is not free, it may be cliche to say, but its true.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 PM

2,941 posts, read 3,849,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The problem is, that sort of conflicts with 'NO infringement'. The 2nd is IRONCLAD in that regard, Any infringement of that type would spark a war unlike anything the nation has ever seen before.

But if the people follow thru and stand together, future generations will be celebrating what was accomplished, just as we celebrate all the past patriots and all they did, which includes breaking laws, resorting to violence, etc. Its not pretty but freedom is not free, it may be cliche to say, but its true.
Ok so my not being allowed to have a nuclear arms is an infringement of the 2nd.... I don't think so. I dare say our Miltila has not been well regulated lately...perhaps we need to change our laws to match the meaning of said amendment.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:47 PM

14,179 posts, read 11,595,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post

Yes, I see it all the time. See it a lot with people who have just "passed" some shake n bake CCW class. We had a young guy come to a steel competition who was one such. We placed him in B class being as since he had a CCW is was assumed (improperly) he could handle himself.
He was so nervous and shaky he was a safety concern.

I took him off the line and bumped him down the roster and into C class and took him to the sight in range to calm him down. This kid needed valium! It was far from being amusing. If he had o use his gun defensively he would have dropped it for sure.

I got him calmed down and got him working his weapon nice and slow and he managed to finish the match in C class. I've seen armed security people and even LE be close to as bad. All balled up trying to be blazing fast and watching the shooter in the other lane rather than their own lane. Zero adrenaline control and less focus.

Our basic CCW class keeps we instructors on our toes as well. I get what you are describing all to well. Even with people who you would think could handle themselves you have to keep a hand on their shoulder with a ready "FREEZE" command on tap.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:48 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,151,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The gun fetishists won't be happy until there's an AR-15 in the hands of every man, woman, and child in America.
No, they respect your freedom to NOT have one if you don't want one. There are several states you can live in and not be free too.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:50 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,277,465 times
Hilarious thread, OP. Keep em coming.

Needed a laugh.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:55 PM

6,342 posts, read 8,727,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
The left doesn't want to have a rational discussion on guns. That's why they CONVENIENTLY exploit a bunch of traumatized kids.

And THAT is the bottom line.

The same people who boo the survivor of a home invasion carried out by illegal immigrants and watched their family members killed before their eyes say we should all just do what some teenagers are demanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or