Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 11:59 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,452,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Notice it says "THIS" indictment. I hope you don't think this is going to be the last indictment.
Many seem to not notice that part.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Benghazi investigation ran from September of 2012 until December, 2016, a little over four years, and produced absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing. In nine months Mueller has four people in custody, three of them talking, and indictments against a hostile foreign country that interfered in and tried to throw our presidential election.

Mueller is doing just fine, and he's way ahead of schedule. We need to let him finish his job. Anyone who doesn't is either afraid of what he might find or doesn't care about the future of America.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Touché!

Makes me wonder if he and Jared will appear in the next batch of indictments handed down.
I am waiting for that, but think that will be when everything is about wrapped up.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump is not under investigation for conspiring with the Russians to throw the election. This has been established countless times.

There's a video clip of Jay Sekulow, one of Trump's attorneys, arguing with himself about this. It's hysterical.

First, he said Trump was being investigated. Then he said he wasn't. Then he got testy with Chris Wallace over the matter and said how should he know whether Trump was under investigation or not. "They don't tell you that stuff."

I believe Chris Wallace spoke for all of us when he said, “Oh boy, this is weird.”
It was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hju-K9Q6fAY

Old 02-18-2018, 12:22 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,681,776 times
Quote:
The Benghazi investigation ran from September of 2012 until December, 2016, a little over four years, and produced absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing. In nine months Mueller has four people in custody, three of them talking, and indictments against a hostile foreign country that interfered in and tried to throw our presidential election.

Mueller is doing just fine, and he's way ahead of schedule. We need to let him finish his job. Anyone who doesn't is either afraid of what he might find or doesn't care about the future of America.

I agree! These early results of the investigation, IMHO, are only the tip of the iceberg. And as the saying goes: The tip of any iceberg is only 10%. I think a lot more will be revealed. Could explain the strange and inexcusable reactions ( and inaction) of the current president.

This citizen is relieved to know Mueller is on the job!

Old 02-18-2018, 12:25 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,333,234 times
The orange jumpsuit will flatter his tang tinged skin.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:36 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,069,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Yesterday's indictment was a very quiet exoneration of Donald John Trump framed as a moral victory.

"Now, there is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."
You need to learn to read more carefully.

"There is no allegation in this indictment"

Rather or not Trump is guilty is a separate issue (I'm personally of the opinion he's likely not, though members of his campaign are, but we shall see in due time). This indictment is separate from what will come of Trump's fate.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:37 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,574,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
The orange jumpsuit will flatter his tang tinged skin.
Once in jail, the orange skin will go. Just look at his eye bags--that's his real color.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:39 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,047,554 times
So far, this is looking like the fishing expedition that is. And most people indicted are for reasons that have nothing to do with Russian collusion

Libs however continue to propagate this fantasy that Trump will be impeached and thrown in jail

Old 02-18-2018, 12:41 PM

36,910 posts, read 18,784,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I am waiting for that, but think that will be when everything is about wrapped up.
Yeah, he really needs to neuter Donnie and his Magic Pardon Wand, and also watch for Pence at the rear. I'm not altogether certain how he's going to go about that yet, unless he has evidence on both of them. Once the Big Fish are netted, the little ones can be scooped up at leisure.

I've thought for a while he might be planning something with state attorneys general filing charges first that Donnie can't pardon. Gonna be interesting to see what's coming, for certain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies