Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 06:20 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,049,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
Meanwhile it turns out that the Florida high school shooter held racist and homophobic views but you're talking about Liberal extremists. Really?
The wierdos of the Daily Stormer spotted a detail on a CNN article about the Florida high school shooter who held racist and homophobic views. I linked it to an archived copy on the Wayback Machine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180217...al-jew-whoops/

And I don't mention how Encyclopedia Dramatica covered the tragedy.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:29 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Liberal extremists already recruting Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students against President Trump
No one is recruiting anyone. The students are organizing on their own initiative. Trump made it easier for the mentally ill to get guns, and the students know it. They also know NRA went all in for Trump. Everyone knows the killer was a Trump supporter.

Anger is a natural response to an event like this.

I am very proud of the kids in my town for being so well spoken and brave to stand up in front of the cameras and thousands of people to voice their grievances.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your graph shows murders had already declined before gun ownership skyrocketed, meaning the increase in guns had nothing to do with the decline.

Murders in Chicago has declined 50%. Is it because of strict gun laws? According to your simplistic views, it would have to be the case. I think the reasons are elsewhere.
Medecine had progressed since, more folks had survived from gun shots or knife attack.

That website had some insteresting stats about Chicago.
https://heyjackass.com

However I wonder if racial demographics change in Chicago could also played a role?

Old 02-18-2018, 06:47 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,652,865 times
There is an old Labor saying: "organize the organized"... Statists will use even those who are organized around grief. They can "never let a tragedy go to waste". What never stops being amazing is how easily some (or how easily the parents of some) allow themselves (or their children) to be used.
Where there those to be shorn, the shears will always appear in form or another.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Medecine had progressed since, more folks had survived from gun shots or knife attack.
Since the 1990s? Not really.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Since the 1990s? Not really.
I go a bit further back in time, since the 1970s.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:51 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Your graph shows murders had already declined before gun ownership skyrocketed, meaning the increase in guns had nothing to do with the decline.
And continued to decline as gun ownership increased. Note that there is NO corresponding increase in gun homicides with the increase in gun ownership. More guns = less crime.

Quote:
Murders in Chicago has declined 50%. Is it because of strict gun laws? According to your simplistic views, it would have to be the case. I think the reasons are elsewhere.
That evades the question. It's illegal in all 50 states for a convicted felon to have a gun, and Chicago has very strict gun laws. So, how are the felons acquiring guns? As everyone knows, gun control laws are pointless as criminals don't obey laws.

There is no disputing the fact that more guns = less crime.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 AM

The problem ISN'T guns. Switzerland, for example:

How Switzerland Developed a Gun Culture That Works | TIME.com

Old 02-18-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And continued to decline as gun ownership increased. Note that there is NO corresponding increase in gun homicides with the increase in gun ownership. More guns = less crime.

That evades the question. It's illegal in all 50 states for a convicted felon to have a gun, and Chicago has very strict gun laws. So, how are the felons acquiring guns? As everyone knows, gun control laws are pointless as criminals don't obey laws.

There is no disputing the fact that more guns = less crime.
Like I said, there is no evidence showing homicides are down because of guns. You are making the connection out of thin air. Murders had already declined before gun ownership skyrocketed.

I brought up Chicago, because according to your logic the decline there must have been caused by the gun laws.

You might as well argue that increase in milk consumption caused homicides to decline. More milk=less crime.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Like I said, there is no evidence showing homicides are down because of guns.
You're completely missing the point. A 50% increase in gun ownership HAS NOT resulted in a 50% increase in gun homicides.

The problem ISN'T guns.

Statistically, more guns = less crime. I'll take those odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies